Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 90996 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [NO ESCAPE.]
« Reply #870 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:44 pm »

Huh, I didn't notice iceball's name-adjustments at all until Tarran did it... very subtle.

Anyway, just to clarify the shared-body situation:

Ochita and Flagrarus are both probably permanently stuck in the body; it's not just like they're ghosts hanging out and can leave any time they like. Both can control the body essentially the same as they could their own, aside from competition. HmH is still technically in there but so barely aware that it hardly even counts; he can take basic actions like fleeing danger or approaching food, but not much else. The spirit is still probably capable of leaving like normal, but also probably has some measure of control. HmH has sort of hijacked it and been giving it orders because why not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 20, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »

Tactical plan: retrograde maneuver!

EDIT: Hey, if everyone is running away, can you just roll as many turns to until we all manage to get away or die Ironyowl?
Makes things alot faster!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:11:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 20, 2011, 11:17:45 pm »

But I wonder, does this affect our magicking actions? I guess that would kind of depend on whether or not you need a body to use magic, or if it is tied to your spirit instead.

Because if it doesn't, then we could probably make some pretty huge staggered spells if we work together. Or, considering our track records, create a boss monster so strong it'll wipe everyone out in a single turn.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 20, 2011, 11:22:26 pm »

But I wonder, does this affect our magicking actions? I guess that would kind of depend on whether or not you need a body to use magic, or if it is tied to your spirit instead.

Because if it doesn't, then we could probably make some pretty huge staggered spells if we work together. Or, considering our track records, create a boss monster so strong it'll wipe everyone out in a single turn.

For some reason, I'm thinking you guys will end up like the two headed ogres from Warcraft.

"This way!
No, THAT WAY!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 20, 2011, 11:26:01 pm »

Wait, so I successfully ran away but the plant hit me anyway?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 20, 2011, 11:29:56 pm »

Wait, so I successfully ran away but the plant hit me anyway?
The plant hit you with it's mind.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:26 pm »

Kind of. It was borderline and the plant needed targets, so I let it happen. If it'd been a major hit I likely would have capped the damage or something, but it just tapped you anyway. This also means you're barely out of range now, so you don't need to run from the plant anymore unless it gets up. Or you want to rest, or something.

Generally speaking you can only take one action per body, so you'll need to fight over who gets it. A good result on some sort of synchronization roll would likely allow you to act in tandem for doing multiple things at once but with different parts, such as fighting with two weapons or, as you said, combining magical knowledge to cast combined spells.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 20, 2011, 11:40:58 pm »

Well, for now, I say we run.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 21, 2011, 12:59:50 am »

Yeah, guys, you're right. Retreat!
The Shambling Horror runs away from the plant.

The approximate plan for future actions is following:
1. Restore Nathan's mind, so the shambling horror doesn't have a slightest chance to interfere in spellcasting. We know how it goes when you have to roll three dice instead of two, don't we?
2. Restore our body with flesh(preferable, but currently impossible), healing ice(if undeadness won't conflict with it) or plants(a phrase "I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL" summarizes my doubts perfectly. On the other hand, there's no staff anymore, so this may as well succeed).
3. Synchronize our actions for multitasking, join the rest of the party.
4. Gather seeds or buy them in the fort, enchant them with Imbue Concussion Bomb and learn to cast Seeking Seeds with one hand.

By the way, does one body count as one player, since it can only take one action, or is it in the party's best interests that we die?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 21, 2011, 02:01:30 am »

One body, one player. I might make exceptions if you manage to become a fully functional two-headed ogre or something, but when it's just a mass of you struggling over one body its just one member.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 21, 2011, 10:40:26 am »

Ochita, you can have the right half, and I'll take the left half. Nathan, you can borrow the head every once in a while.

Or maybe we should all just construct new bodies. Or maybe we should run away from the plant thing. Not my body, so not my call.
Lets do it.
Just before re run-away grab the body and cast a cause medium wounds on the plant.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 21, 2011, 03:30:49 pm »

Ochita, you can have the right half, and I'll take the left half. Nathan, you can borrow the head every once in a while.

Or maybe we should all just construct new bodies. Or maybe we should run away from the plant thing. Not my body, so not my call.
Lets do it.
Just before re run-away grab the body and cast a cause medium wounds on the plant.

Which body should we grab? There's quite a few of them lying around right now.

And you know we can only take one action right? Grabbing a body and running might be ok, but probably not casting a spell as well.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 21, 2011, 04:09:05 pm »

Lets do it.

Which body should we grab? There's quite a few of them lying around right now.

And you know we can only take one action right? Grabbing a body and running might be ok, but probably not casting a spell as well.
Well what if my side took my body, and your side took yours?
My side will grab my body and run away.
(Maybe one of us should go legs, arms, legs, arms)
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 21, 2011, 04:19:21 pm »

There are four highly noticeable mentions in this turn that you two are STUCK IN MY BODY. As in, you are incapable of possessing anything else. Which means that corpses are useless to us.
Furthermore, even if certain outside influences like Dwarmin would succesfully free you, it's not like you are safe from dying or going dragnar should you try to possess something else. You have already had your streak of luck while rolling all sixes and fives on current possessing rolls, so I suggest we stick to what we have and simply grow ourselves more hands, mouths and other appendages as the need arises.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 21, 2011, 04:49:35 pm »

WEll I have some necromancy and healing skill. I could technically combine the 2 to fully resurect someone. However I need more training...

EDIT: I would like to get expert on necromancy before I want to try it. Maybe frelock can do the healing part.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:54:54 pm by Ochita »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70