Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91105 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 49: At Least The Beetle's Okay]
« Reply #690 on: November 30, 2010, 03:55:18 pm »

If Ochita is still deteriorating, Dispel on Ochita once again.
Else, go search for some loot. Like, an old alchemist's shack with tons of healing potions on shelves.

And, Dwarmin, just in case you're wondering what to do... I'd like to get possessed, too. For Science.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 30, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »

If I am with my friends again: Try to find RNG.

If I am still with the gods: Ask them if they can put me back where I was earlier after thanking them for making me their champion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 30, 2010, 04:32:31 pm »

Cast Regenerate on Oticha to counter the degeneration if he is still degenerating.  Otherwise, cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Iceball

By the way, last turn I was healed to Moderately Wounded last turn.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 30, 2010, 05:04:17 pm »

By the way, last turn I was healed to Moderately Wounded last turn.
Ah. So you were. You'll be pleased to hear I just forgot to update your status; I had the right number behind the scenes.

If I am still with the gods: Ask them if they can put me back where I was earlier after thanking them for making me their champion.
Oh yeah, I had intended to include a "then you snap back to reality" bit, but forgot. You're back.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 30, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »

Round everyone up and get everyone moving to where the trouble is.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #695 on: November 30, 2010, 10:09:04 pm »

Ignore this and hang around a little bit and collect some live animals to my team.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:21 pm »

Ignore this and hang around a little bit and collect some live animals to my team.
You can try, but you are sort of in a demonic wasteland. Permanent summons might be a more practical route.

On that note, I never really explained this, but creatures (and items, substances, etc.) can be permanently summoned by rolling twice for them, similar to how runecrafting works. The first roll is the quality of the summon, the second is the quality of the permanence. As usual, more rolls gives more chance for everything to go wrong.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #697 on: November 30, 2010, 11:27:36 pm »

You can try, but you are sort of in a demonic wasteland. Permanent summons might be a more practical route.

On that note, I never really explained this, but creatures (and items, substances, etc.) can be permanently summoned by rolling twice for them, similar to how runecrafting works. The first roll is the quality of the summon, the second is the quality of the permanence. As usual, more rolls gives more chance for everything to go wrong.
I'm not summoning silly, I'm taming wasteland animals. I want a demonic fluffy wambler somi will look for one.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 30, 2010, 11:28:14 pm »

Attack the demon once more. If I kill it, try to absorb it's energy to heal myself and/or give me a temporary HP boost.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 01, 2010, 06:15:08 am »

Teach myself to immediatley unsummon anything that I summon that ends up being hostile
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 01, 2010, 11:12:21 am »

Did I just create another boss? Last time I did I

Although really, if we end up having to fight it any kind of fire should be enough to get rid of it, probably. Still, just to be safe...

Draw a Rune of Plant's Command on the Writhing Flare. Go with Paranatural to where the trouble is.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 01, 2010, 12:09:20 pm »

And, Dwarmin, just in case you're wondering what to do... I'd like to get possessed, too. For Science.

Well, if you insist..

I attempt to convince the spirirt possessing me to go in Nathan (HMH) instead, strongly implying he will be exorcised into oblivion if he does not comply.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 01, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »

Turn 50: Hot Potato

Quote from: Ochita
Flush my body of magic, like a magic bullet for magical effects.
[6-2][Luck 4] Half the degeneration flows out of you [2] and into [wolfchild] Seymore. Well, at least he's healthier at the moment.
+6 Necromancy
New Spell: Flush (Water/Necro Lv3)

Quote from: HmH
If Ochita is still deteriorating, Dispel on Ochita once again.
[5-1][Luck 4] You successfully purge the degeneration on Ochita. Seymore's still suffering, but you wouldn't have been able to get it all off in one go anyway.
+6 Enchanting

Quote from: Tarran
Try to find RNG.
[4][Luck 2] You manage to find Thorontur, but you're on kind of a large chunk of rock, so getting down and over to him might be tricky.
+3 Ranger

Quote from: Frelock
Cast Regenerate on Oticha to counter the degeneration if he is still degenerating.  Otherwise, cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Iceball
[6+1][Luck 6] Deciding to handle Seymore's degeneration, you go completely overboard. Excess skin is developing, and you're quite sure something bad will happen if the excessive regeneration is left to run its course.
+5 Restoration

Quote from: Paranatural
[4][Luck 3] You manage to round up everyone who's not distracted with other things and get them within sight of Thorontur. He seems to be battling something, but you'd need to sprint there to make it in time to help.
+3 Organizer

Quote from: iceball3
[4-2][Luck 1] You find a nice big, hulking hellhound-thing with what almost looks like stone spikes jutting out from its joints. [1][Luck 4] It savagely mauls you, but you realize this at the last second. [5+2] vs [5+2] You narrowly escape its jaws, which you now realize seem to be radiating heat.
+1 Ranger

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Attack the demon once more. If I kill it, try to absorb it's energy to heal myself and/or give me a temporary HP boost.
[4+3] vs [1+2] You gouge another slice through its flesh, and it lets out an alarmed, gurgling shriek, spitting up a bit of ichor. It's not quite dead, but it's just a tap away.
+3 Polearms

Quote from: wolfchild
Teach myself to immediatley unsummon anything that I summon that ends up being hostile
[3-1][Luck 3] Try as you might, you can't figure out how to instantly unsummon anything that disobeys you. You also take and then regenerate damage from the magical effects on you.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Draw a Rune of Plant's Command on the Writhing Flare. Go with Paranatural to where the trouble is.
[2+3][Luck 6][Staff 2] You perfectly inscribe a rune of plant's command on the flare. Even with being not quite a living plant, it should react exceptionally well to your magic.
+1 Plant

Quote from: Dwarmin
I attempt to convince the spirirt possessing me to go in Nathan (HMH) instead, strongly implying he will be exorcised into oblivion if he does not comply.
[4][Luck 4] You manage to convince the spirit it would be fun to inhabit Nathan instead. [3][Luck 3] It sort of infests Nathan, but the bond isn't very strong.
+3 Negotiator Medium

[5] The demon facing Thorontur sprints away. [4][Luck 4] It puts some good distance between them.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Armor and weapon values are now updated, but subject to change. Spells are still in limbo, but I'm working on them.

Incidentally, most hits affect the armor worn on the torso, unless there's a good reason not to. Some attacks, especially unusually brutal ones, will hit other areas instead, so while wearing just a breastplate will often work out perfectly well, there will be a handful of circumstances in which something goes to town on your soft, unarmored legs.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 50: Hot Potato]
« Reply #703 on: December 01, 2010, 09:02:02 pm »

Chase after the demon and blast it with a bolt of lightning

Even with the casting penalty this should be worth it...

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 50: Hot Potato]
« Reply #704 on: December 01, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »

...I have no idea what to do right now. Everyone just seems to be randomly doing stupid things and failing horribly at doing them.

Whatever. Might as well join the bandwagon.

Search for a random melee demon that isn't too strong for me to kill. But at the same time isn't a weakling.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70