Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91127 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 48: Unexpected Discoveries]
« Reply #675 on: November 26, 2010, 05:46:27 am »

Okey dokey Iceball. Action edited.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 26, 2010, 08:13:29 pm »

Draw a rune of Growth on my flare.

Spells:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was planning on getting rid of a few spells, but apparently I'm a bit of a hoarder...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:17:23 pm by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28:36 pm »

Ok, I think I've got my skills organized:

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure what you want done with Faith Healing and Fiend-Cudgeling Stance.

All generalizations are false....including this one.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #678 on: November 26, 2010, 10:05:47 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot this.
Runes
Lvl 1:
Rune of clinging.
Lvl 2:
Rune of anticlinging
Lvl 3:
Rune of strength,
(What does bouncing malice do anyway?)

Combat commandettes:
Lvl 1:
Bucket Parry
Basic bucket headwack
Lvl 2:
Sticky lash of tripping.
Lvl 3:
Teammate as mace
Bucket Chuck
Lvl 4:
Enemy as mace
Lvl 5:
Berserk finisher, remove head from neck using teeth and arms.

Allies:
Lvl 1:
Lvl 2:
BattleBeetle
Lvl 3:
Lvl 4: Whoever the hell the people I'm travelling with are.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 27, 2010, 12:15:51 am »

Your allies are only level four? :P

Anyway, Rune of Bouncing Malice causes the item to bounce off and attack a secondary target (at a penalty) when you throw it at something and it hits.

Hrm. Not sure about the augment thing; to be honest, I probably shouldn't include weird mechanics like that (the augment, not the wall-passing ability).

For stances, I'm thinking you'll just get one or maybe two, like an innate ability you get some choice over. Fiend-cudgeling stance would almost be better as an outright ability though, so I'll have to think about that. I should probably give more thought to how mechanics work in general, to be honest.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #680 on: November 27, 2010, 12:48:53 am »

Here we go.
Oh yeah, forgot this.
Runes
Lvl 1:
Rune of clinging.
Lvl 2:
Rune of bouncing malice
Rune of anticlinging
Lvl 3:
Rune of strength,

Combat commandettes:
Lvl 1:
Basic lashing; reduced parry. dramatic increase to distance and moderate to attack.
Lvl 2:
Bucket cudgel and parry style; high parry and hit rate, low range.
Lvl 3:
Hurling random crapstyle; almost infinite range and power depending on luck.
Lvl 4:
Man-Made Morningstar; high attack boost depending on size, reduced speed but long range
Lvl 5:
Berserk finisher; remove head from neck using teeth and arms. Chunky salsa power, success depends on how much of a persistant pain in the ass the target is (WHY WON'T YOU DIE.)

Allies:
Lvl 1:
Lvl 2:
BattleBeetle
Assists teamates when it gets a good number on a roll that I highly dought ironyowl is actually making.
Lvl 3:
Lvl 4:
Lvl 5

Lvl 6: Whoever the hell the people I'm travelling with are; they are player controlled. Need I say more?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 29, 2010, 12:27:16 pm »

Attack the demon cautiously, utilizing a lot of feints and counterattacks, and try an analyze any abilities it might have without actually getting hit by them. If it looks like it starts casting magic, use a full attack.

It reminds me of a cross between a Slaad and a Mindflayer, maybe with a little Deep One thrown in.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 29, 2010, 07:04:34 pm »

Man, reworking armor/weapon values is hard. Now I remember why it's in this state to begin with.

The one thing I have decided on is that mundane skills will now increase as fast as magical ones. Note that gutting mooks with far less combat skill than you will grant less experience, so weapon skills will still increase rather slowly after a point unless you're fighting enough enemies to deplete your weapon skill down to a fair fight.

It reminds me of a cross between a Slaad and a Mindflayer, maybe with a little Deep One thrown in.
I hadn't really thought of it as a combination of anything (though it was obviously somewhat mindflayer-ish), but that's a pretty good description.

EDIT: Also we're just missing wolfchild I believe, so turn sort of soon-ish.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 29, 2010, 07:33:38 pm »

My Spells and Skills:

Attack:
Level 1: Earth Wave
Level 2: Earth Slam
Level 3: Earth Crush
Level 4: Hammerfall

Buffs:
Level 2: Stonefist (Wasn't sure what level this one should be)
Level 3: Potion of Stoneskin (Not certain why all the ingredients in this are plants)

Utility:

Level 3: Monolith Prison, Monolith Pillars

The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 29, 2010, 09:31:18 pm »

Oh right. Spells. I don't really have many, but...

-----
Stances:
Lv1:Grounding Nova Stance

Enhancement:
Lv1:Lightning Edge

Utility:
Lv1:Herd Thunderstorm

Attack:
Lv1:Basic Lightning
Lv1:Call Lightning
-----

I would still like to find some way I can incorporate spells into my spirit form. I won't be able to be a full caster obviously, but it would be nice to get melee-assisting things such as Lightning Edge working again without a penalty.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 30, 2010, 08:46:23 am »

so how do you want me to do my spells irony, its kinda iffy with  my summon spells what i shoudl classify them as
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 30, 2010, 12:02:13 pm »

Good question. I might just weed out some of the stranger ones (Earth Glider?), and maybe rework how some of them function. I'm not even sure I'll be doing the spell limits thing after all.

You still haven't submitted an action though. :-\

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 30, 2010, 02:20:39 pm »

Turn 49: At Least The Beetle's Okay

Quote from: Paranatural
Dispel the degenerating magic from myself.
[5][Luck 6] You dispel the degeneration from yourself by shunting it into the ground. You notice it travels a bit before stopping... hm...
+5 Earth
New Spell: Shunt (Earth Lv4)

Quote from: Tarran
Practice prayer to the god that gave me this awesome shield while ignoring my failing-at-living allies. Hopefully he'll hear me.
[5][Luck 5] You find yourself transported to a golden place of light, faced by the numerous faces of the gods arrayed in an angled line before you.

"You are the Champion of the Gods. You will fight to the death to destroy these defilers and return this place to its rightful rule!"

[2][Luck 5] They don't give you anything new, but it occurs to you that they sounded rather infuriated. Perhaps losing their worshipers up north has put them in a foul mood?

It also occurs to you that this is probably why the shield won't come off.
+5 Priest
Now Novice Priest

Quote from: Frelock
Heal moderate wounds on Ochita
[5+1][Luck 3] You compensate for lesser finesse with more power, and heal Ochita nicely.
+1 Restoration
Ochita healed to full.

Quote from: HmH
Cast Dispel of sufficient power on Ochita.
[2-2][Luck 6] You somehow manage to magnify the effect instead of stripping it away. This is clearly your hands' fault.
Degeneration doubled on Ochita.

Quote from: iceball3
Magically fuse the beetle and worm as one along with the help of a friend. Hear the nearby skirmish and throw my bucket into the  distance in hopes that it hits a demon.
[3-2][Luck 4] The beetle is now shaking itself like a dog trying to get dry, and tiny spirit worms are being tossed out. Uhhh...?

Quote from: Dwarmin
If iceball fails to pacify the beetle, I attempt the banish the spirit worm from the beetle!
[5-1][Luck 5] You successfully banish all the spirit worms from the beetle, despite their unusual properties.
+5 Spirit Magic
New Spell: Exorcise (Spirit Lv3)

Quote from: Ochita
Throw that effect onto the beetle.
[3-2][Luck 5] You fail miserably at passing your affliction on, but at least manage to avoid making the issue worse.
Take Moderate damage, now Moderately Wounded.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Draw a rune of Growth on my flare.
[5-1][Luck 3][Staff 1] You manage to get the rune correctly, but it doesn't work out quite like you wanted. That's okay though, because your staff activates to "help," meaning causing it to begin writhing and stretching. And... making hungry sounds. Uh...
+4 Plant
Flare turned into Writhing Flare

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Attack the demon cautiously, utilizing a lot of feints and counterattacks, and try an analyze any abilities it might have without actually getting hit by them. If it looks like it starts casting magic, use a full attack.
[5+2] vs [6+2] You try to attack cautiously, but the demon is ready now, and deftly avoids you. [4] Realizing it has decent odds, it lunges at you. [3+2] vs [5+2] This turns out to be somewhat unwise, as you slice its other shoulder slightly and it fails to catch you.
[3][Luck 2] You have no idea of its capabilities, other than what you've seen of its overt combat skill and ability to soak damage.
+4 Polearms
Demon now Heavily Wounded.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Still working on spell/combat revisions.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 49: At Least The Beetle's Okay]
« Reply #688 on: November 30, 2010, 02:32:37 pm »

Flush my body of magic, like a magic bullet for magical effects.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 49: At Least The Beetle's Okay]
« Reply #689 on: November 30, 2010, 02:59:20 pm »

Run to where i lost saw RandomNumberGenerator go.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70