Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91121 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 47: Feed The Worms!]
« Reply #660 on: November 21, 2010, 11:55:43 am »

When will the boss battle I created show up?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2010, 01:22:39 pm »

When will the boss battle I created show up?
Not for quite some time, I imagine. Of course, that's largely dependent on the party.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:16 pm »

Oh hey look a boss lets avoid it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2010, 02:23:12 pm »

Oh, don't worry. It'll hunt you down like animals under certain circumstances.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2010, 02:24:37 pm »

Urrg. Now we have to face something like tryant from RE 2? Laaame. :P
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 24, 2010, 06:26:27 am »

attempt to make it so that angels i summon are less likely to turn on me
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 25, 2010, 12:52:17 am »

Turn 48: Unexpected Discoveries

Quote from: Tarran
Examine the tiny scroll in my cigar box.
[5][Luck 4], [6][Luck 6] You unroll the tiny scroll to discover a rather intricate pattern drawn on it. You promptly inscribe it all over yourself using the rather generous amounts of blood available, and discover that it seems to be some sort of rune of quickening.
+5 Inscriptions
Inscription Discovered: Inscription of Wind's Quickening

New Temporary Inscriptions: Arms (+1 Accuracy, -1 Damage), Legs (+1 Dodge, -Health), Body (DISABLED, cannot wear armor!)

Quote from: HmH
I use Enchanting to suck Frelock's Spirit Worm into my ring and trap it there.
[5-1][Luck 2] You suck the spirit worm into your ring, where it immediately wriggles out into you instead.
+2 Enchanting
Fre no longer Infested.
Now Infested.

Quote from: Frelock
Cure Moderate Wounds on self
[4+2][Luck 2] You blast yourself with far more energy than you intended, healing yourself but also stunning yourself.
Heal moderate damage, now Moderately Wounded.
-1 penalty to next action.

Quote from: Dwarmin
If HMH's attempt fails, or if he infects himself, I try to transfer the worm(s) into Iceballs beetle companion.
Otherwise I rest.
[4-1][Luck 6] You feebly manage to push the worm into the beetle, but it promptly burrows in regardless. Curious...
+4 Spirit
Now Apprentice Spirit Magic

Quote from: iceball3
Anyway now that we are sort of ok, medically assist worm guy by first taking my sticky paper rope and take it off/put it on really quickly in hopes of pulling the worm out of him. If it already has been removed, then with battle-beetle's consent, scribble on a couple of more runes to make it strong enough to have combat rolls instead.
[3][Luck 1] You manage to inscribe some not very impressive runes on your... wait... did you just empower the worms? That was a powerful rune, even if you didn't do it right, you'd have to think what...
+3 Runecrafting

Quote from: Flagrarus
Converse with the local flora, try to find out more about our surroundings.
[6-1][Luck 3] Realizing that there is no local flora, at least in the immediate vicinity, you attempt a far more powerful, long range spell. You learn that twisted plant life indeed grows here, but you can't push the range far enough to get anything interesting. Some of the denser concentrations might be slightly interesting locales, but you're not nearly familiar enough with the local flora to tell what is or isn't unusual.
+5 Plant
New Spell: Commune

Quote from: Ochita
Make a rune of regen, if I make it carve it on the ground.
[1-2][Luck 3] You carve a rune into the ground, and immediately feel your flesh begin to slough off. You have the good sense to stumble back, but the effect doesn't stop...
+3 Necromancy
Take light damage, now Moderately Wounded.
Degenerating

Quote from: Paranatural
Scour the area, looking for alchemical supplies.
[1][Luck 3] You find Ochita's degeneration rune. Oops.
Take light damage, now Lightly Wounded.
Degenerating

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Find a demon to kill, and see if I can absorb it's energy after killing it to restore health.
[5][Luck 5] You manage to find a... wait a minute...

Spoiler: Interesting... (click to show/hide)

[5] You catch it completely by surprise- one minute it's gloating over its victim as it tortures her to death, the next [5+3] vs [6+1] some spectral avenger wings it across the shoulder. Even caught by surprise, however, it's surprisingly nimble.
+3 Ranger
+2 Polearms

Quote from: wolfchild
attempt to make it so that angels i summon are less likely to turn on me
[2][Luck 5] You can't figure out how to make your summons less likely to turn on you, but you do notice a rather long demon claw buried in the cracked earth. Strange, this is waaaay too long to be a normal demon's claw...
Gain Unusual Demon Claw

[5] vs [3] The beetle shudders and lets out a screech. Ghostly tentacles accompany its mandibles in the display. Uh....?

[3] The demon decides to attack, lunging at Thorontur. [2+2] vs [6+3] Thorontur was hoping he'd say do that, and impales it deeply a bit lower than where a lung should be. Its eyes widen in panic, and it's now moderately wounded.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

No worries, the beetle isn't another boss. It could still be hostile, but it wouldn't be all that challenging even then.

New Rules Concerning Spells: I believe I'm going to try something like the following: You can only have one or two spells per level per category. "Category" is at the moment a rather loose term, but the general idea being things like "Attack," "Disabling," "Utility," etc. If nothing else, this will make organizing them a bit better.

I'll expand/refine this idea more later, but for the moment you should start thinking in terms of what spells you use for what, and which ones are just redundant.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 48: Unexpected Discoveries]
« Reply #667 on: November 25, 2010, 01:00:02 am »

Frick.

Dispel the degenerating magic from myself.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 25, 2010, 01:16:31 am »

Uh, wow, it seems that only the people that didn't do much actually managed to get through this turn without getting hurt.

Anyway, I'll wait until the Beetle attacks before I kill it.

Practice prayer to the god that gave me this awesome shield while ignoring my failing-at-living allies. Hopefully he'll hear me.

Ed: Why not, I'll add spellz.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:23:01 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 25, 2010, 01:42:31 am »

Heal moderate wounds on Ochita
All generalizations are false....including this one.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 25, 2010, 08:46:09 am »

Frelock, heal my hands instead. Don't waste your time and talents on life support when there's a few hands to be stitched together.
Cast Dispel of sufficient power on Ochita.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #671 on: November 25, 2010, 10:21:36 am »

Gah.
Magically fuse the beetle and worm as one along with the help of a friend. Hear the nearby skirmish and throw my bucket into the  distance in hopes that it hits a demon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 25, 2010, 11:02:38 am »

Your action doesn't make much sense Iceball, nor is it likely to work, since you have no spirit magic . Let me BLAST EM'.

If iceball fails to pacify the beetle, I attempt the banish the spirit worm from the beetle!

Also, my spells

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:45:56 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 25, 2010, 11:05:40 am »

Throw that effect onto the beetle.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #674 on: November 25, 2010, 09:26:31 pm »

Your action doesn't make much sense Iceball, nor is it likely to work, since you have no spirit magic . Let me BLAST EM'.

If Iceball fails, I attempt the banish the spirit worm from the beetle!

Also, my spells

Can't you do it like that instead, please?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70