Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91164 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 44: What Do You Mean "Heal?"]
« Reply #600 on: November 04, 2010, 05:55:55 pm »

If you mean throwing sticky papers on the ground, I don't think you ever managed to do that; you were either busy with something else or used them for your paper chain, which is now wrapped around Thorontur. I think.

Yeah, I guess your necklace will deactivate the sticky blood, but it'll still be regular sticky blood.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 04, 2010, 05:57:42 pm »

Concentrated healing mist on tarran.
Poor tarran's gonna get killed.
Uhhh... I'm already dead ya know.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #602 on: November 04, 2010, 05:59:14 pm »

If you mean throwing sticky papers on the ground, I don't think you ever managed to do that; you were either busy with something else or used them for your paper chain, which is now wrapped around Thorontur. I think.

Yeah, I guess your necklace will deactivate the sticky blood, but it'll still be regular sticky blood.
I thought the necklace only reduces the effect it has on me without deactivating it. But wouldn't the blood make it hard for foes to move near me like it did that angel?

Again, when is my beetle gonna start killing the F.O.E.?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 04, 2010, 06:16:33 pm »

Try to patch Frelock up.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:37 pm »

Ow.

Try not to die.

Why did I get a -4 to that, btw?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:26 pm »

Steal Lend Dwareet'iks poison resistance ring for a moment, then try to add this poisoning effect I got to my brambles spell and cast it where it should hit some angels.

Let's steal from the possessed, apparently unbalanced kobold. See what happens :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:38:42 am by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 04, 2010, 08:18:54 pm »

I thought the necklace only reduces the effect it has on me without deactivating it. But wouldn't the blood make it hard for foes to move near me like it did that angel?

Again, when is my beetle gonna start killing the F.O.E.?
I think it was supposed to completely negate the effect, since it was basically the reverse of your clinging rune.

The blood isn't floating in the air or on the ground, you messed up and it spattered on you. So, it's not really all that effective at anything.'

Forgot about the beetle. He's probably too small to attack on his own, but could probably increase the damage from the counterattacks of whoever he's guarding.

[2] He fails, apparently. Maybe he'll do better next round.

-1 from being a battle spirit, -3 from a third level healing spell with no skill in healing. You didn't seem to have any more appropriate skills or abilities.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 04, 2010, 09:07:49 pm »

-1 from being a battle spirit, -3 from a third level healing spell with no skill in healing. You didn't seem to have any more appropriate skills or abilities.
Oh. Well that makes sense I guess, didn't realize it would be a third level spell.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 04, 2010, 09:22:04 pm »

You said "powerful" so I wasn't really sure what to make it. I guess I probably should have just downgraded it to something you might succeed at, but even cure light wounds would have been at -2.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 05, 2010, 01:08:28 am »

If I can, cure moderate wounds on myself
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 05, 2010, 01:46:26 am »

Steal Lend Dwareet'iks poison resistance ring for a moment, then try to add this poisoning I got to my brambles spell.

Let's steal from the possessed, apparently unbalanced kobold. See what happens :D

Hey, I'm still alive you know...barely...can you guys stop trying to kill me :(

All right, I LEND my ring to Flagarus, for a moment! *after I cast the below spell*
I cast poison bolt on the angel attacking Nathan.
EDIT: Also, if it looks like the the healing mist around Tarran is working, I will run into it!

EDIT: Also, can someone else ATTACK the angels? Jeez!

Lemme sum that up-I assume I can do all this in one turn?
1. Cast poison bolt!
2. Toss my ring to Flagarus
3. If the healing mist around Tarran is helping, move toward him
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:08:36 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 05, 2010, 04:14:04 am »

Cast a dismissal Nova
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 05, 2010, 10:52:38 am »

Yeah, you can do all that in one turn. Movement (up to a point) and most inventory changes are usually free or side actions.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 07, 2010, 10:45:30 pm »

Turn 45: Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back

Quote from: Tarran
Walk towards Frelock and try to share half of the remaining power of my shield with him so he can actually do something.
[1][Luck 3] You stagger over to Fre, trying to channel the last of your energy into him. Instead, you collapse and hit him with your shield, not quite finishing him off.

You're now in the same boat he is.

Quote from: iceball3
Continue whacking enemies with my bucket.
[2] You decide to attack the angel attacking you. [1+1] vs [3] It adeptly dodges.

Quote from: Ochita
Concentrated healing mist on tarran.
[6][Luck 3] You channel a large amount of healing mist on Tarran, much of which precipitates off and is wasted. Nonetheless, brute force overcomes lack of finesse, and you return Tarran to the barest semblance of life.
+3 Restoration
Tarran receives moderate healing, now NOT QUITE DEAD

Quote from: HmH
Try to patch Frelock up.
[6-1][Luck 2] You expertly channel the energy, but lose it at the last second. It's all you can do to stop him from getting worse.
+3 Healing
Fre no longer DYING, still in critical condition.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Try not to die.
[6] You valiantly flee the battle. Er...
No longer in danger of dying. From the angels or your friends' misfires, at least.
+3 Sprinter

Quote from: Dwarmin
All right, I LEND my ring to Flagarus, for a moment! *after I cast the below spell*
I cast poison bolt on the angel attacking Nathan.
EDIT: Also, if it looks like the the healing mist around Tarran is working, I will run into it!
[5+1][Luck 1] You blast the hell out of yourself with poison. [6-1] It occurs to you that without the ring, you will die.
+3 Poison
Take light damage, now DYING AGAIN
Poisoned

[2] The spirit berates you.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Lend Dwareet'iks poison resistance ring for a moment, then try to add this poisoning effect I got to my brambles spell and cast it where it should hit some angels.
[4-1][Luck 2] The brambles don't really work, just sort of writhing up from the soil for a moment, in a small area, then withering away.
+1 Plant

Quote from: wolfchild
Cast a dismissal Nova
[6-1][Luck 3] You masterfully cast a dismissal nova. Unfortunately, it only affects wounded targets. Fortunately, that's all of them right now.

Seymore: (Resist 4)
Flagro: (Resist 1)
Icebrawl: (Resist 4)
Ochita: (Resist 5)
Nathan: (Resist 6)

The angel formerly attacking Seymore is far too crippled to resist, and vanishes in a flash. The one attacking Flagro fails utterly to resist the effects, and likewise disappears. The rest hang on through sheer force of will, refusing to vanish.

+5 Summoning
New Spell: Nova Banish

The angel attacking Icebrawl keeps at it. [2] vs [3] Little is accomplished.
The angel attacking Ochita likewise continues. [4] vs [6] It gets cudgeled again.
The angel attacking Nathan attempts to finish the job. [1] vs [1] Neither combatant does anything to be proud of.

Fre remains unconscious and in critical condition, but is momentarily stable. Dareet'ik is in considerably worse shape, being both dying and poisoned.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 45: Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back]
« Reply #614 on: November 07, 2010, 10:51:41 pm »

Grr.
Remove my sticky whip from whatever it is attached to and steal an angels weapon. Attempt to behead another with said weapon in one swift motion.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 70