Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91185 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 42: Ascension]
« Reply #570 on: October 20, 2010, 05:37:34 am »

Heal drareet'k by screaming "I'M SORRY 'BOUT THAT!", and then sucker punch an angel who's about to attack someone else,

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:32 am »

Looking out for number 1!

I cast bolster on myself, and concentrate on dodging and parrying any attacks with staff my aimed toward me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:38 am »

Mass Cure moderate wounds.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 20, 2010, 12:10:24 pm »

Empower this.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 23, 2010, 10:34:55 am »

Bump. :(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 24, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »

Turn 43: Carnage

Quote from: Tarran
Charge and ram the least hurt angel with my sword.
[3+1] vs [4] You rush the angel attacking Ochita, but your movements feel sluggish, and the angel sidesteps at the last moment.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Escape from the maelstrom so I am no longer taking damage.
[2][Luck 2] Being already free from the maelstrom, you attempt to free yourself from the paper chain that kobold used to get you out. It goes poorly, and you find yourself somewhat entangled in papers.

Quote from: HmH
Fry the angels with Chain Lightning.
[2][Luck 1] You fry yourself a little fumbling with the spell, and fail to hurt any enemies. Oops.
+2 Destruction
Take light damage, now Heavily Wounded.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Don't create any plant monsters. The seeds that Seeking Seeds fires now sprout into a plant that immediately fires more seeds.
[6-1][Luck 6] You hurl seeds at some nearby angels. Fre (Resist 1), Nathan (Resist 6). The angel attacking Fre is nearly covered by the resulting vines, which promptly fire seeds at the angel attacking Ochita; the one attacking Nathan is slightly injured but uninfested. Ochita (Resist 1) The one attacking Ochita is likewise infested with vines, which promptly hurl a volley at the remaining angel. (Resist 4) It does a good job of resisting the effects, but it's severe injuries prevent it from doing anything else.
+7 Plant
Now Expert Plants
Angel attacking Nathan takes minor damage, now Heavily Wounded.
Angel attacking Fre takes light damage, now Critically Wounded and infested.
Angel attacking Ochita takes light damage, now Critically Wounded and infested.
Angel formerly attacking Seymore too busy with vines to do anything, still CRITICALLY WOUNDED.
New Spell: Overgrowth

Quote from: iceball3
Heal drareet'k by screaming "I'M SORRY 'BOUT THAT!", and then sucker punch an angel who's about to attack someone else,
[3] You decide to attack the nearly-dead angel fighting off the vines. [1+1] vs [2] You ineptly flail at the angel, who dodges aside despite the vines.

Quote from: Dwarmin
I cast bolster on myself, and concentrate on dodging and parrying any attacks with staff my aimed toward me.
[1][Luck 3] The spirits apparently don't like you much today, as you scarcely avoid weakening yourself instead. You're too tired to ready your staff properly, and will have to defend yourself with your teeth.

Quote from: Frelock
Quote from: Ochita
Empower this.
[1][Luck 1], [6-1][Luck 1] Something goes horribly, horribly wrong, and Fre channels damaging energy rather than healing power. Ochita attempts to help, but his surprisingly adept empowering magnifies said damage. Flashes of dark energy flare across everyone.
Nathan: (Resist 6)
Ochita: (Resist 5)
Fre: (Resist 2)
Tarran: (Resist 5)
Thorontur: (Resist 2)
Flagro: (Resist 5)
Icebrawl: (Resist 2)
Dwareet'ik: (Resist 2)
The power flares at full force on Fre, Thorontur, Icebrawl, and Dwareet'ik, and they stagger under its impact. Fre and Dwareet'ik collapse completely, not quite dead but obviously getting there.
Ochita, Tarran, and Flagro, on the other hand, throw off most of the dark magic, taking only minor wounds. [6] Nathan seems to resist ill effect completely.
Fre, Thorontur, Icebrawl, and Dwareet'ik take heavy damage, now DYING, Critically Wounded, Critically Wounded, and DYING, respectively.
Ochita, Tarran, and Flagro take minor damage.
+6 Necromancy to Fre, now Novice Necromancer.
+3 Necromancy to Ochita

The remaining angels attempt to finish off the survivors.
Nathan: [3] vs [2] Nathan gets another scrape, now Critically Wounded.
Ochita: [6] vs [2] Ochita gets a serious blow across the chest from the angel's blunt, almost cleaver-like sword. Now Heavily Wounded.
Icebrawl: [5] vs [5+1] Icebrawl expertly parries the angel's cunning blow with a bucket. He wonders if angels feel shame.
Flagro: [5] vs [3] Deciding it has better things to do than finish Fre off, the angel formerly attacking him gives Flagro a cut across the arm. The one good arm. Now Heavily Wounded.
The final angel still wrestles with the vines.

Tarran feels himself sag even further, despite his friends' plight.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Well. Paranatural and wolfchild vanishing on us probably didn't help, but still. Yeesh.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 43: Carnage]
« Reply #576 on: October 24, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »

Healing rain.
FREEEEEEELOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKK.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 24, 2010, 05:49:05 pm »

Ouch. TPK time?

If I am on the verge of death, and assuming I am able, I cast a final plea to the spirits to preserve my life, accepting whatever deals an entity would offer.

If I get a little healing from someone else, I...lay on the ground and pretend to dead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 24, 2010, 05:51:54 pm »

If I get a little healing from someone else, I...lay on the ground and pretend to dead.
Heheh, a true kobold at heart, I see.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #579 on: October 24, 2010, 06:04:47 pm »

have my beetle companion protect my allies while being at least 5 yards away from me while i paint a rune of clinging into the air with the blood that's probably flowing out of me already. It should hold tightly to anyone who comes near me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:32:32 am by iceball3 »

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 24, 2010, 06:32:46 pm »

Grow tasty healing fruits and share them with everyone.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 24, 2010, 06:43:01 pm »

OH MY GAAWWWDDDD!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELOOOOOOCCKKKK, OOOOCCCCHHHHIIITTTAAAAA!!!

Somehow, I expected this to happen quite a while ago.

Anyway, If I'm still Beyond Dead, use the rest of my tunic to heal some wounds.

If my health is higher then Beyond Dead and Frelock is still dying, then use the rest of my tunic to heal Frelock.

If my health is higher then Beyond Dead and Frelock isn't dying, attack the least wounded angel.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:57:11 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 24, 2010, 06:50:05 pm »

Hey, I didn't think frelock here was going to do that. Anyway, we can't die now.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 25, 2010, 01:07:13 am »

Try to stop the angels with good old diplomacy.
We don't really have much of a choice now, and I'm the one who shrugged off a big bad bolt of death energy, so I think I'm fit for it.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 25, 2010, 01:15:29 am »

That was certainly not in the plan.  I suppose I should be grateful I got some necromancy points out of it; maybe I can make a phylactery one of these days; preferably when everyone isn't dying.

Dual Moderate Wound Heal myself and Dwarman
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70