Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91211 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 38: This Looks Familiar...]
« Reply #510 on: October 07, 2010, 03:42:32 pm »

Next turn I'll try to make a cascading wave of ice.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 07, 2010, 07:21:06 pm »

Create two walls of stone, with a gap between to rforce the demons into a funnel towards us where we can handle them easier.

Sorry guys, life has been crazy busy lately.

For clarification, something like this:

\                      /
 \  D D D D D D  /
  \ D D D D D D /
    \ D D D D D/
      \ D D D /
        \ D D/

US

The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #512 on: October 07, 2010, 09:27:27 pm »

So...paper sticks to the feet of the demons? Sure, that'll probably work. While they are trying to pull the sticky paper off their feet we can just walk in and slaughter them all!
Actually, they will stick to both foot and ground alike, so they gut stuck where they stand.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 07, 2010, 10:20:54 pm »

Turn 39: Wait, Nobody Hurt Themselves?

Quote from: wolfchild
Summon a guardian angel for Fre
[6+1][Luck 5] The heavens tremble, and a glowing, ghostly being seemingly made of heavy armor plates descends over Fre, surrounding him in its lower half like a stone bell. It wields a three-pronged spear in each hand and radiates a sense of immovability.
+6 Summoning
New Spell: Summon Guardian

Quote from: Tarran
Stand in front and block as many demons as possible that are trying to attack anyone else in our group.
[3][Luck 5] You position yourself in front of your allies, sort of in the way of the demons. They promptly notice your glowing shield and begin barreling furiously towards you, however.
+3 Taunt

Quote from: Frelock
Cure serious wounds on self.
[1][Luck 5] You completely screw up attempting to heal yourself, blasting away the melting effect with dark power. Huh, that works.
+5 Necromancy
No longer melting.

Quote from: HmH
Stand in front, cast Shrapnel Shatter.
Stone [4] You locate an acceptable rock. [2+2][Luck 5] You blast a cone of shrapnel at the onrushing demons, wounding the front ones and toppling the ones that follow into a pile. Part of the charge has been disrupted.
+3 Destruction
3 demons heavily wounded and knocked down, five demons knocked down but unharmed.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Try to pull my hands out of the stone,  then reverse the enchantment on the stone before throwing it at the demons.
[2-1][Luck 1] You're sucked up to your shoulders into the stone, which somehow doesn't crush you or anything. (Resist 4) You don't get any worse.
+2 Lightning

Quote from: Ochita
I start a rainstorm. Then I shall cast Large-amount-of-ice-shapnel from the rain. Maybe that might help. We need to do more than just 1 at a time.
[6][Luck 4] You summon a violent, powerful storm over the demons, and while you don't have time to pull anything from it, it's certainly ready for such a purpose.
+5 Water
New Spell: Summon Violent Storm

Quote from: Flagrarus
Grow a wall of thorny brambles between us and the demons. If this chasm thing works, grow it on the other side, not on ours.
[6+1][Luck 1][Staff 5] You attempt to grow a low wall of brambles, but overchannel the spell, resulting in it spreading across the ground rather than rising properly. Your staff reacts immediately, supercharging the effect in the direction of the demons. There's now a six inch thick carpet of thorns for them to wade through to get at you.
+3 Plant
New Spell: Brambles

Quote from: iceball3
Try to make a counter rune of clinging the nullifies the rune of clinging only when they are near each other. Carve it onto my necklace and begin scribbling a bunch of runes of clingings  onto a lot of pieces of paper. Through the papers all over the field ahead of us.
Rune [3+1][Luck 5], Improvised [5][Luck 3] You expertly carve an anti-sticky rune into your necklace without damaging it, but the magics seem to interfere with each other, meaning the anti-sticky effect is limited to things touching the wearer.
+3 Runecrafting
+1 Improvised Weapons
Now Apprentice Improvised Weapons
New Spell: Rune of Anticlinging
Necklace of Good Fortune carved to Anticlinging Necklace of Good Fortune

Quote from: Paranatural
Create two walls of stone, with a gap between to rforce the demons into a funnel towards us where we can handle them easier.
[1][Luck 6] You manage to raise the earth up, but it just explodes upwards before collapsing. That does manage to inhibit around 6 of the demons, however.
+3 Earth
6 Demons temporarily immobilized.

Quote from: Demons
KILL!
The demons rush the two targets up front, charging recklessly through the brambles and taking damage in the process.
Tarran: [5][6][6] vs [6+3][6+2][6+1] A furious display of swordsmanship and demonic fury ensues, resulting in one demon falling into a heap, one losing its head, and the last taking heavy damage, while Tarran remains unfazed.
Nathan: [6][5][4] vs [6][4][2] One demon barrels straight past him, while the others inflict a hit each.
Two demons slain, one demon injured. +2 Swordsman
Take moderate damage, now Moderately Wounded.

The remaining demons struggle free of their troubles and resume charging the group.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 39: Wait, Nobody Hurt Themselves?]
« Reply #514 on: October 07, 2010, 10:31:40 pm »

Nice job everyone. At this rate we'll be ripping them apart in no time.

Everyone who thinks they can help RNG, do so NOW before it's too late. Everyone else, keep up the attacks.

Kill both demons attacking HmH.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:51:34 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2010, 10:35:59 pm »

Fix the enchantments on lightning rock-thingy, so it allows RNG out intact.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 08, 2010, 01:12:00 am »

Fire Seeking Seeds at the demons. Lots of Seeking Seeds.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 08, 2010, 01:31:25 am »

Draw all the water I can and use it to make a cascading wave of icy death.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 08, 2010, 01:42:12 am »

Cure Moderate Wounds on Nathan
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 08, 2010, 02:18:23 am »

Well i was going to try to summon a squad of angtelic grunts to hold the line, but ok

Summon an earth maker which will free RNG, and then attempt to funnel the demons
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:48:11 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 08, 2010, 05:42:20 am »

No, summon a squad of angelic grunts. They have better combat potential than RNG.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 08, 2010, 05:49:35 am »

Forcess of heaven, come and stand vigilent on this world against the darkness
Summon a squad of angelic grunts to hold the line against the demons
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2010, 10:38:51 am »

I cast poison bolts at the healthiest looking Demons!

OOC: Also, lol. My computer has been broke two weeks. thought I would been kicked by now. >_>
glad to still be in!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 08, 2010, 11:02:53 am »

If I get out of the stone:

Use the violent storm for a massive Call Lightning on the demons.

If I'm still in the stone:

Have a mental breakdown and sob hysterically.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:05:35 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 08, 2010, 02:03:07 pm »

OOC: Also, lol. My computer has been broke two weeks. thought I would been kicked by now. >_>
glad to still be in!
I was going to take you out of the status list next turn, but there's no waiting list so you'd have just popped back in anyway.

Besides, it's the least I could do for stealing your Arcanum Octet spot. >_>
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70