Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91215 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 38: This Looks Familiar...]
« Reply #495 on: October 06, 2010, 08:50:54 pm »

Also, 20 demons?! Are you trying to kill us or something?! Please tell me they aren't as strong as the last ones...

Yes, yes, and yes. If it's any consolation, that's only about 2.5 demons a person.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 06, 2010, 08:52:24 pm »

Also, 20 demons?! Are you trying to kill us or something?! Please tell me they aren't as strong as the last ones...

Yes, yes, and yes. If it's any consolation, that's only about 2.5 demons a person.

Less once i start summoning, also i changed my initial action, i edited it into the post
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 06, 2010, 09:00:54 pm »

Okay guys, I don't think we'll be able to get through this without some teamwork. Anyone good with melee should stand in front and melee or cast if you aren't being attacked, everyone else should bombard the demons or heal/enchant everyone meleeing from behind our lines.

New action: Stand in front and block as many demons as possible that are trying to attack anyone else in our group.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 06, 2010, 09:01:58 pm »

well i am decent at combat, but i think summoning meatshields 1st would be a good idea, and protecting the primary healer even more so
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 06, 2010, 11:25:18 pm »

Thus far, the primary healer has been rather inept at his job.  After all, if I can't even heal myself, how can I hope to heal everyone else?  Really, I think I'd be better off learning how to do mundane healing; as that is reliant on only one roll which can be raised, rather than magical healing which requires two rolls, only one of which can be raised.  Still, magic is all I have for now.

Cure serious wounds on self.

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 06, 2010, 11:35:40 pm »

Thus far, the primary healer has been rather inept at his job.  After all, if I can't even heal myself, how can I hope to heal everyone else?
Well, you could continue melting. :P

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 06, 2010, 11:39:00 pm »

Really, I think I'd be better off learning how to do mundane healing; as that is reliant on only one roll which can be raised, rather than magical healing which requires two rolls, only one of which can be raised.  Still, magic is all I have for now.
If I allowed that, is was probably out of combat healing. Mundane skills are generally weaker but more reliable than magical ones.

Thus far, the primary healer has been rather inept at his job.  After all, if I can't even heal myself, how can I hope to heal everyone else?
Well, you could continue melting. :P
Technically, this is more efficient once a certain number of people are injured. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 06, 2010, 11:58:11 pm »

Doubling your idea, Tarran.
Stand in front, cast Shrapnel Shatter.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 07, 2010, 01:31:52 am »

Damnit. It seems I picked the absolute worst moment to experiment with unstable magic.

Try to pull my hands out of the stone,  then reverse the enchantment on the stone before throwing it at the demons.

Hopefully this will result in some sort of lightning grenade. More likely I'll end up detaching my arms from my torso.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 07, 2010, 01:45:02 am »

I start a rainstorm. Then I shall cast Large-amount-of-ice-shapnel from the rain. Maybe that might help. We need to do more than just 1 at a time.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 07, 2010, 03:12:05 am »

I hereby declare that as long as Paranatural and Dwarmin don't show up, I(or other players) have the right to take control of their actions. Reason? Because I Can.
Sargoth: Step forward, open a chasm below the incoming demons.
Dwareet'ik: Stand back, cure Frelock's condition with Spirit Magic.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 07, 2010, 09:30:02 am »

Grow a wall of thorny brambles between us and the demons. If this chasm thing works, grow it on the other side, not on ours.

Let's see what my new staff is capable of :D
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 07, 2010, 02:25:25 pm »

I hereby declare that as long as Paranatural and Dwarmin don't show up, I(or other players) have the right to take control of their actions. Reason? Because I Can.
Sargoth: Step forward, open a chasm below the incoming demons.
Dwareet'ik: Stand back, cure Frelock's condition with Spirit Magic.

I dunno, man... though come to think of it, controllable henchmen NPCs would be an interesting way to shunt tedious/dangerous functions off to mooks. I should think about that.

But when it's vacant PCs, I'm more inclined to have them wander off someplace, seeing as this plan can only end in their deaths...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #508 on: October 07, 2010, 03:24:15 pm »

Hmm.
Try to make a counter rune of clinging the nullifies the rune of clinging only when they are near each other. Carve it onto my necklace and begin scribbling a bunch of runes of clingings  onto a lot of pieces of paper. Through the papers all over the field ahead of us.
Sticky mines anyone?

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 07, 2010, 03:40:28 pm »

So...paper sticks to the feet of the demons? Sure, that'll probably work. While they are trying to pull the sticky paper off their feet we can just walk in and slaughter them all!
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70