Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91182 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 32: You Masterfully Fail Due To Luck]
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2010, 01:04:03 am »

...and am currently playing Dwarf Fortress
Heh. Our favorite game finally bites us in the back. Dwarf fortress has stolen our Irony, guys. DAMN YOU DWARF FORTRESS! WHY MUST YOU TAKE OVER OUR LIVES SO?! :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 32: You Masterfully Fail Due To Luck]
« Reply #406 on: September 08, 2010, 02:08:46 am »

Turn 33: Earth Maw

Quote from: wolfchild
Summon an angel of retribution
[4-1][Luck 4] You manage to summon a particularly small-looking angel of retribution. It looks like an armored humanoid, but with a sort of tapering armor-plate skirt instead of any visible legs, a blank faceplate with two glowing eyes, and two large glowing wings. Its armor is white and red, and its sword almost looks like its burning with or made of purplish fire focused forward.

[6-1] The angel promptly bolts for the wyvern, blocking its path. [3+2] vs [6], [5] vs [5+1]. They both narrowly miss each other in mid-air, swerving around to come at each other again.
+3 Summoning
Now Expert Conjuration

Quote from: Tarran
Stab my sword into the neck of the demon who attacking me. Stab it in sideways (horizontally), and pull his head upwards and off his body.
[6][Luck 6] As you rise to deal with the demon, your bronze shield boils into wispy strands, while molten gold and the rainbow effect swirl to meet it. Not one to be dismayed, you stab the demon anyway. [4+2] vs [4] The sword goes in just fine, but you can't quite pry the head off like you wanted to, and it keeps clawing at you.

The energies, meanwhile, coalesce around your arm, resulting in a gleaming, brilliant shield studded with gems. A higher sense of purpose fills you, and you revel in the shield's gloriou- wait, the part that straps to your arm is a solid bracer, how do you get this thing off?
+1 Swordsman
Lost Bronze Shield.
Acquired Shield of the Gods

Quote from: Frelock
Mass Cure Light Wounds
[4][Luck 6] You channel a burst of healing energy to all nearby allies, even going so far as to sacrifice a bit of your own health to empower the effect, scattering it out to those not so near allies. You can't heal yourself with it, however.
+5 Restoration
New Spell: Mass Cure Light Wounds
Take moderate damage, now Heavily Wounded.
Seymore receives light healing, now Healthy.
Sargoth receives light healing, now Lightly Wounded.
Nathan receives light healing, now Heavily Wounded.
Tarran receives light healing, now Moderately Wounded.
Flagrarus receives light healing, now Lightly Wounded.
Combo elemental receives light healing, now Heavily Wounded.

Quote from: Ochita
I make the water in the plant freeze
[2][Luck 3] You fail to freeze the plant-monster. On the bright side it notices you.

Quote from: HmH
I Shatter the biggest nearby stone onto the demons.
[3+2][Luck 1] Grabbing the edge of your hole, you shatter it into shrapnel. Unfortunately the directional bit didn't really happen this time, and you're lacerated by your own spell. It does shred the two wounded demons, however.
You, Tarran, Thorontur, and the demons take light damage.
Critically Wounded again.
Tarran is Heavily Wounded.
Thorontur is Lightly Wounded.

+2 Destruction

Quote from: Paranatural
Create a massive gaping maw of stone to swallow the plant thing completely and grind it apart in great, stony teeth.
[1-1][Luck 1] A great pit begins to sink, lined with grinding stone teeth that shift in bands, turning the entire thing into a grinding death trap.

You are, naturally, right above it. [4] vs [1]. You fall into the grinding stone teeth, being very nearly torn asunder. You somehow doubt you'll last much longer in this deathtrap, though at least it's working as intended.
+4 Earth
Take heavy damage. Now Critically Wounded.
Stuck in the Earth Maw.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Unleash a Chain Lightning attack on the demons.
[3][Luck 6] You can't summon very much lightning, and so compensate by cramming your fist down the last demon's throat before releasing it. It's sort of overkill anyway, so you can't really tell if it bounced around in there, but at least the demon's been slain in an excessively brutal manner.
+4 Lightning

The combo elemental struggles for control again. [3+2] vs [4+1] The scrappy fire elemental once again holds its ground against the wind elemental, retaining control. [4][Luck 6] vs (Resist 5) The elemental once again fires a stream of searing wind at the plant, which mostly dispels it with a swirl of its blades. A bit scorches it, though.
Plant monster takes minor damage.

Part of the monster attacks Ochita full-force. [6][6] vs [3][3] The assault is brutal, and Ochita is now bleeding.
Ochita takes heavy damage, now Heavily Wounded. Now Bleeding.

Another part turns to Fre, again holding nothing back. [5][2] vs [4][6] It lightly slashes Fre's arm, but he crams his staff into the plant's blades on the second attempt and cracks it open like an oyster.
Fre takes minor damage, now Critically Wounded.
Monster takes light damage, now enraged at Fre's staff mastery.
Fre gains Fiend-Cudgeling Stance

The final part attacks the last standing target, Seymore. It's more cautious in this assault, however. [3+2] vs [3+1] It manages light scrapes, but is mostly ineffectual.
Seymore takes minor damage, now lightly wounded.

Flagro attempts to deal with the wretched healer by improving the plant's attacks. [4-1][Luck 1] He succeeds in dulling the blades instead.
Flagro gets +2 Plant
Plant monster takes -1 penalty to attacks next round.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)

Health status and inventory should all be up to date, mention if it's not.

Also, rules updates! And a confession.

Spoiler: Multiple Attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summoning Limits (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 33: Earth Maw]
« Reply #407 on: September 08, 2010, 02:18:48 am »

Waiting list should also be updated, unless maxicaxi still wanted back on.

Also I get the feeling having more people wouldn't slow this down much, and you might be having a boss fight soon. So anyone who wants in should enter their character now (if they haven't already). You might get added soon, and can change it later if not.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 08, 2010, 02:36:59 am »

Yay epic shield.

Boo to not pulling the demon's head off.

Boo to HmH's fail hurting me.

Pull my sword out of the demon if it's still in it/it's body. Then run to Frelock, grab him and run a decent distance from the plant monster.

It'd be very, very bad to lose our only healer.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 08, 2010, 04:40:53 am »

Sick of the wind elemental fighting back, i conjure a stream of fire and fling it at the combo elemental, hoping to strengthen my loyal fire elemental
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 08, 2010, 05:28:37 am »

Regarding the defense system, what does it say about enemy magic?
Also, what about Luck roll modifiers? This roll plays heavy role in the game and still can't be influenced by player's skills and inventory.

I run to Sargoth and help him get out.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2010, 05:49:45 am »

btw, how did you guy's like my invocation on my loast action?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 08, 2010, 11:21:49 am »

Cure Critical Wounds on self.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 08, 2010, 11:25:41 am »

I cover myself in a thick armor of ice. Magic it so then I can still move
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 08, 2010, 11:51:24 am »

Stop being the plant's slave. ...Please?
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 08, 2010, 09:47:02 pm »

Awesome.

Use my magic to have the earth maw open up, and accept HmH's help.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2010, 03:05:30 pm »

Utilize the rainstorm to call down a giant Pillar of Lightning on the plant monster.

I really hope that thing isn't a giant mutated Shambling Mound.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 09, 2010, 05:58:58 pm »

Yea me too, otherwise you are helping it, i'm kinda foccusing on my fire/wind elemental cause we need that plant dead

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 09, 2010, 09:51:38 pm »

I feel like I should toss up a character...I shall ressurect Dwareet'ik! My never say die Kobold Shaman from Fortress of Bones. (his suicide in the Rules RTD was non-canon!)
I've added a minor skill that could be considered a bit iffy, which is why I had to explain it. Feel free to axe that, and I'll come up with something else lol

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:00:27 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:44 pm »

Hm. Restoration can do a little of that, but you might be better served by a Spirit Element. It sounds like it'd end up reasonably versatile in a limited sort of way (in that it has a lot of effects but there's fair gaps between them), and likely tending more towards utility over power.

You can also just choose something else, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70