Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91171 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

hey, am i next or after the next on the waiting list?

I believe you're after next, but I'm having trouble finding the posts. Really should have edited them into the first post instead of being lazy. ::)

Note that maxicaxi was the ninth player and something of an anomaly, so I might keep it to 8 after this. On the bright side, the party is now pretty close to things with real killing power, as Tarran is discovering.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Oh god what has he done?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sprint to where I heard Tarran's screams for help. When I get in range, cast Earth Crush on the demon menacing him the most.

We'll see how this works out but they are gonna need serious help with that plant thing PDQ.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sprint to where I heard Tarran's screams for help. When I get in range, cast Earth Crush on the demon menacing him the most.

We'll see how this works out but they are gonna need serious help with that plant thing PDQ.

Unless I manage to take control over it, which would bring me to a whole new level in the art of killing stuff.

...I mean, killing stuff that's not us.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless I manage to take control over it, which would bring me to a whole new level in the art of killing stuff.

...I mean, killing stuff that's not us.

With our track record? Not bloody likely.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

geez, with a low roll, you could end up doing this...

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

geez, with a low roll, you could end up doing this...

'Helping' can take many forms.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

...Rolls?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Indeed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I uh, haven't forgotten about you, I'm just... neglecting you horribly. Turn... coming. Not soon, but it'll get here... :-\
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No rush. Just don't take a year to make the turn, please. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 31: Necromancers and Destruction Magi Never Learn]
« Reply #387 on: September 01, 2010, 12:27:11 am »

Turn 32: You Masterfully Fail Due To Luck

Quote from: Tarran
Drop the statuette on the ground along with my gold, sunstone, red gem and small yellow gems. Then PRAY AS HARD AS I CAN!
[4][Luck 5] A shimmering rainbow shield comes into effect around you, fueled by your liquefied gems, while your gold rises as tiny droplets to meet it. You seem to be safe, but the statuette is also gone.
+4 Priest

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Moar Lightning!
[5]
Well, I'm an elf, and we run fast. Or something like that.
[1+1][Luck 1], Grounding [4+1][Luck 4] You botch the lightning, but manage to channel the light shock you'd have given yourself into the ground, where it expands in a ring. It's too weak to hurt the demons, but it does catch their attention.
+4 Sprinting

Quote from: Ochita
Summon thunderstorm
[5][Luck 1] You conjure a truly impressive rainstorm, successfully muddying the entire area. Oh hey, the plant looks perkier too!
+3 Water
Now Adept Water Magic
Ground muddy, difficult to move

Quote from: Frelock
Cure Serious Wounds on Nathan
[3+1-1][Luck 2] Still shaky from the earthquake, you manage to channel only a small amount of power into Nathan, healing him slightly and making him woozy.
Nathan receives light healing, now Moderately Wounded.
+2 Healing
Nathan taking -1 penalty to all actions.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Cast Plant Puppet Reversal. Make it work this time.
[3-2][Luck 1] A brilliant green light erupts from your eyes as you begin cackling maniacally. The plant has gained complete control over you and will now use your spellcasting to butcher your friends.
+3 Plant
Now Plant Slave

Quote from: wolfchild
Cast a dismissal spell at the wyvern, forcing it away, the spell would also preferably be able to force away another summoners minions
[5][Luck 2] You almost expertly banish the wyvern. Unfortunately, one of the plant's lashing tendrils grabs your foot while you're doing so, pulling you to the ground and ruining the spell.

Quote from: maxicaxi
In a burst of suicidal madness I try to absorb all the knowledge of magi throughout history, granting me almost INFINITE POWAR!
[5][Luck 6] You succeed in committing spectacular suicide, channeling enough necromantic energy into yourself to melt flesh and bone instantly. Your master screeches in annoyance, but tilts its head as the brilliant green glow fades. It seems that wasn't a complete waste after all...
Successfully Committed Suicide.
Mystery Surprise Left For Former Allies. Not your tortured soul, oddly enough.

Quote from: HmH
Run to the demons, dissipate them.
[6][Luck 6] You barrel headlong into the demons, scattering them and yourself onto the ground. Never one to be dissuaded by anything, you promptly scrabble around and try to dispose of one. [6+2-1][Luck 2] You channel immense power into it, but the demon rolls aside and you dissolve yourself a nice hole to fall into. Oops.

Quote from: Paranatural
[1] You'd think an Earth mage would be able to tell the difference between an actual sound and its echo off nearby rock, but noooo. On realizing you won't reach him in time, you settle for the monster at hand. [4+2][Luck 2] You slam only air with your magic.

The fiery wind elemental wrestles for control with itself. [2+1] vs [1+2]. It fights itself to a standstill, the fire elemental somewhat retaining control on inertia. [1][Luck 1] It attempts to blast the plant with fiery wind, but only succeeds in unraveling itself to fling at the monster. (Resist 1) The plant monster takes light damage from the combo elemental's sacrifice.
Combo elemental and plant abomination take light damage.

The wyvern divebombs its former master. [3] vs [5+1] Seymore drags a claw across it as it passes, its jaws catching only air.
Wyvern takes light damage.

The demons speak as one: "FOUL WRETCH! YOUR GODS CANNOT SAVE YOU!"
One attacks Nathan: [5] vs [2] It pounds him further into his hole.
One attacks Thorontur: [2] vs [2+2] It nearly loses the arm it used, and obviously isn't doing so well.
One pounds at the shimmering shield: [6] vs [6] It brings down a two-handed overhand smash, but its fists bounce off with a golden burst of light.

The plant abomination roars in triumph and attempts to soak up the rain. [4][Luck 6] It begins regenerating!

The monster bears down furiously on Frelock. [3][5] vs [6][3] You ram your staff into a joint on the blades, twisting something loose. It responds by hacking at you again, dealing some damage.
It next lashes out at Seymore, more cautiously. [6+2] vs [5+1] The blades slice hack through dirt like it was water, and Seymore tumbles aside, slightly injured.
Finally, it turns its blades on Paranatural, full-force. [5][6] vs [6][2] The first swipe misses completely, but the second delivers moderate damage in the form of torso lacerations.
Frelock and wolfchild now Lightly Wounded. Paranatural moderately wounded.

The plant monster then plays its trump card- Flagro!
Flagro is thrust forward like a puppet on vines, and attempts to carve runes into Fre. [6-1][Luck 3] (Resist 4) The runes are perfectly inscribed, but Fre's thrashing at least manages to disrupt the magic's flow, and he managed to resist the effects.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)

Yaaaaay, new turn. Don't worry though, I'm still too lazy to update status conditions or inventory!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 32: You Masterfully Fail Due To Luck]
« Reply #388 on: September 01, 2010, 12:44:16 am »

"I did not want to do this, but I seem to be out of options" "Hear me servant of heaven, protecer of the innocent, destroyer of the foul, come to our aid, and scour evil from our paths!"

Summon an angel of retribution
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 32: You Masterfully Fail Due To Luck]
« Reply #389 on: September 01, 2010, 12:50:36 am »

Hell yes, I LIVE! And now I'm not extremely close to death. THANK YOU RNG, THANK YOU!

Time to show these demons not to mess with me.

Stab my sword into the neck of the demon who attacking me. Stab it in sideways (horizontally), and pull his head upwards and off his body.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70