Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91118 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 28: Slutty Elf And A New Master]
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2010, 04:06:53 pm »

Open a hole in my Monolith's wall with my magic, then find Frelock.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2010, 08:26:47 pm »

Sigh dejectedly, wonder were all the lady elves are, then stop dancing and start analyzing the demons' tracks.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2010, 09:55:44 pm »

Cure light wounds on Sargoth
All generalizations are false....including this one.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2010, 11:07:34 pm »

use a new spell called Skeletal Minion to create an intelligent servant
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:46:07 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2010, 11:24:41 pm »

Cast a dominate conjoured being spell at the wind elemental
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2010, 03:07:30 am »

Design spell: Extinguish Self, which doesn't generate cold or water, but destroys air.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2010, 10:33:57 am »

Create multiple giant helicopter seeds that we can all use to fly to wherever we need to go
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2010, 01:15:54 pm »

Turn 29: Roaring Monolith Collapsing, Par For Course

Quote from: Tarran
Lay down the statuette somewhere, then offer a single gold coin to whoever the statuette represents.
[5][Luck 5] You perfectly lay a single coin before the statuette, and begin to meditate. The ghostly apparition of a T-faced helm appears in your mind.

I had thought myself forgotten.

Maplike images fill your mind, showing a tiny untainted region along the northeastern coast, an unspoiled cache further west, dark blotches of foul corruption, one of them near where your companions were, and a lesser blotch that strikes you as a ruined temple/spoiled cache. The major dark blotches fill you with a sense of dread, and you realize they must be powerful evils.

When you open your eyes, the coin is gone and the statue seems... duller, somehow. Strange.
+3 Priest
Vague knowledge of major evil locations gained. Accurate knowledge of untainted region north gained. Accurate knowledge of unspoiled cache in dangerous territory gained. Accurate knowledge of spoiled temple and cache, complete with lesser evil, gained.

Quote from: Paranatural
Open a hole in my Monolith's wall with my magic, then find Frelock.
[2][Luck 2] You attempt to create a hole in the rock leading outside, but something goes wrong. The geology of the monolith isn't right, and not only do you fail to create a passage, your efforts destabilize the rather unstable to begin with monolith. It begins to buckle and portions are already coming down.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Sigh dejectedly, wonder were all the lady elves are, then stop dancing and start analyzing the demons' tracks.
[1][Luck 3] You manage to follow the demons' tracks back where you came from, hoping to backtrack all the way to wherever they were before approaching you. It takes you a few moments to realize those are you and the humans' tracks, and for the past ten seconds, yours walking in a circle.

Quote from: Frelock
Cure light wounds on Sargoth
[4][Luck 3] Concentrating, you determine to heal Sargoth, impenetrable wall of rock or no. You successfully sense his life force, and channel energy directly to it. The results are less than satisfying, but you've just healed him through over six feet of solid rock. That's pretty impressive.
+4 Restoration
Sargoth receives light healing, now Healthy.
New Augment: Faith Healing

Quote from: wolfchild
Cast a dominate conjoured being spell at the wind elemental
[2][Luck 1] You fail to control the wind elemental, but you do give it an idea. [2][Luck 3] Fortunately for you, its attempts to use wind to control your body like a puppet fail.

Quote from: HmH
Design spell: Extinguish Self, which doesn't generate cold or water, but destroys air.
[1+1][Luck 1] Your attempts to destroy air around you go terribly, merely succeeding in destroying the air in your own lungs and creating a light explosion within them. Your subsequent coughing and hacking is fairly severe and prolonged.
+1 Destruction
Take light damage, now Heavily Wounded.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Create multiple giant helicopter seeds that we can all use to fly to wherever we need to go
[2-2][Luck 3] The seeds sprout into whirling, lashing blades that promptly assault you with brutal force. The roots meanwhile begin lashing incoherently, grabbing your legs, and you could swear the plant is roaring. Oh, and the rest of it is attacking the wall, bringing down the monolith even faster. [4][1][3]  vs [2][3][3] You take light damage from the blades, and manage to stab it with your bamboo staff as its own spinning unbalances it. It roars in fury and continues to grow, writhe, and attempt to destroy everything around it.
Abomination created.
Light damage taken, now Moderately Wounded.

Quote from: Ochita's Evil Twin
AUTOPILOT
[6-1][Luck 5] Ochita flawlessly swarms the area in persistent healing fog. You all feel better already.
+3 Restoration
+1 Water
Everyone outside monolith receives light healing, most now Healthy.

Quote from: maxicaxi
use a new spell called Skeletal Minion to create an intelligent servant
Corpse [4] You grab a pretty good corpse without noticing. [3-1][Luck 1] You burst the corpse you intended to use, wasting it. Your new master sneers, obviously displeased.

Those near the monolith can hear a muffled, shrieking roar coming from inside it. You can also see that it's starting to collapse.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)

Rules Update: Permanent Effects
Most permanent magic effects require two sets of rolls, similar to how Arts work. Unlike arts, these rolls will generally be the same two schools of magic used together, one to determine effect, one to determine permanence. This generally only applies to effects intended to be very permanent- long-term summons and the like can use just one roll, but will fail or require maintenance at some point.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:21:17 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 29: Roaring Monolith Collapsing, Par For Course]
« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2010, 01:42:18 pm »

Gah! I can't even open a hole in my own cration?

What exactly do skill levels actually *do*?

I raise stone pillars to support the monolith from collapsing.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2010, 01:44:57 pm »

Take off my robe, tell Ochita to carve/sew/paint a Rune of Weeping Water on it(and do so RIGHT NOW), set the abomination on fire.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2010, 03:03:07 pm »

Take off my robe, tell Ochita to carve/sew/paint a Rune of Weeping Water on it(and do so RIGHT NOW), set the abomination on fire.

Do that and attempt to condense the healing mists into water that we can bottle, try to make it permanent.

(Healing potions anyone?)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:19 pm »

Gah! I can't even open a hole in my own cration?

What exactly do skill levels actually *do*?

I raise stone pillars to support the monolith from collapsing.

It was a high-level spell, since you were trying to fairly quickly open a path through pretty thick rock. Each skill level gives a +1 bonus to the associated roll, but spells take a penalty equal to their level. A lower level spell might have sufficed to simply move the rock aside, but even if you'd succeed it probably would have brought the monolith down even faster, quite possibly to the point where you'd have been crushed (or attempted to be crushed) before you could move out, to say nothing of poor Flagrarus.

A lower level spell also could have achieved the effect over multiple turns, but I assumed you didn't want to spend three turns carefully scooping/molding rock away.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2010, 03:51:00 pm »

Carve a Rune of Plant's Command into the abomination, forcing it to obey me ( I hope  :-\ )

Also, I love how half of this RTD is us trying to undo our butchered spells by casting more ( usually butchered ) spells  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:59:00 pm by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2010, 03:57:37 pm »

Hm, not what I wanted, but whatever. Good enough.

Once again, get back to the group.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2010, 04:11:02 pm »

Just out of curiosity, what did you want? You seemed pretty intent on finding a deity all of a sudden.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 70