Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91058 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 18: The Destruction Mage Nearly Dies]
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2010, 09:44:09 am »

Try and do some light healing on HmH
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2010, 10:07:24 am »

Cant someone try to learn necromancy?

Also Catch 22=AWESOME!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2010, 10:10:47 am »

Well if someone has meta-magic skill then we could undo it but otherwise no. You should have considered what you were going to do.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 17: The Best Offense Is A Good Defense]
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2010, 10:28:13 am »

Flagrarus, I'm going to have to veto the Mind element. I'll allow a much more focused version if you'd really like (a specific emotion or something similar), but you might want to reconsider. Otherwise you can join up whenever I get an excuse to put you in.

Yeah, can't say I blame you for that, but I figured it was worth a shot

So...I'll take Minor Runecrafting instead ( It's not exactly original, but runecrafting seems like a lot of fun )
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:41 am »

Cant someone try to learn necromancy?
No. This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. Why? Because when we're dead you will be still alive.

Just make a new character. It's faster than learning necromancy and doing all sorts of suicidal things.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2010, 01:28:13 pm »

If you're truly desperate, a demon might be willing to free you in exchange for service.

Can't swear that would end well, of course.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2010, 04:33:13 pm »

Turn 19: A Wild Plant Mage Appears!

Quote from: Frelock
Give Seymore a dirty look.  Cure moderate wounds on Thorontur
[2+1][Luck 5] Realizing that there are no wounded elves nearby and you're probably just seeing things, you try to heal HmH's wounds. You only manage a moderate amount of power, but it's focused just right to cure those excruciating burns he's suffering from.
+3 Restoration
Nathan no longer suffering from Serious Burns
New Spell: Soothing Mend

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Try to bandage up my wounds, and figure out some way to use my halberd as a ground so I stop electrocuting myself.
You patch up your wounds and attempt to work on a technique to avoid issues like that in the future. [3+1][Luck 6] You manage to perfect a technique to tap your polearm against the ground, releasing any potentially bungled energy in a burst along the ground around you.
New Technique: Grounding Nova Stance
Recover damage, now Healthy.

Quote from: Tarran
Read my book for interesting spells (without casting them) while ignoring the demons. But if a demon so even tries to stop me from reading a single letter, then decapitate them.
[2][Luck 3] You find nothing of interest in your book, save some quip about how destruction magi should be careful.

Quote from: wolfchild
Summon an angel of mercy, ask it to perform triage, then if i have time attempt first aid on whomever needs it
[4+2][Luck 3] You summon a particularly large and distracted looking angel of mercy. [4+1] It heeds your commands exactly, filling your companions with healing energy.
+3 Summoning
Allies healed, now mostly Lightly Wounded.

Quote from: HmH
I learn to lessen the pain from burns to a comfortable level. If I'm succesful, I stick close to the group.
[6][Luck 6] Man, burns are nothing. This isn't so bad. In fact, you're gonna go get burned right now! You begin slightly roasting yourself again, much to the chagrin of your companions.
+3 Pain Tolerance
No additional damage taken. Yet.

Quote from: Ochita
Combine some water magic with my healing spell, to scatter as a mist that helps to heal people.
[5-1][Luck 6] You create a healing mist that spreads... well, everywhere. You're not sure how you're going to stop yourself from healing enemies if you cast this during combat. At least it lightly heals everything it touches.
+2 Water Magic
+1 Restoration
Allies healed, now Healthy.
New Spell: Healing Mists

Quote from: Paranatural
Try and do some light healing on HmH
[2-1][Luck 6] You manage to heal the fire he's trying to light himself up with. Wait what?
+2 Fire Magic
Nathan takes minor damage, now Lightly Injured.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Appear!
You manage to catch up with the group. The commander wasn't too happy in telling you, but you figured anyone able to ruin the wall like that had to be powerful. So here you are, standing over the corpses of several shattered demons with some magi who are just healing themselves up.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the excessive wait, I kept meaning to update but just couldn't bring myself to.

Yes, droughtfrost is level two. I've marked it with two asterisks to show that for now, but I'm going to update all the spells to display level and type at some point.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2010, 04:39:08 pm »

Sorry about the excessive wait, I kept meaning to update but just couldn't bring myself to.
No problem, I know what it feels like.

Since we've got this awesom healing mist, I read my book and cast a random fire spell in a random direction away from anyone else.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 19: A Wild Plant Mage Appears!]
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2010, 04:42:54 pm »

hmmm, stances, i may be able to use this

Figgure a way to quickly cast spells in the middle of attacking, specifically a small crystal swarm
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »

I carve a rune of weeping water on the gold coin. I then try to carve a rune of power on the other side. ((I shall be gone for 2 weeks so if someone could auto me that would be great.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2010, 05:08:16 pm »

Combine Seed Burst and Gentle Direction ( to figure out what they do, you see ) and cast the spell away from everyone else
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2010, 05:09:34 pm »

Butcher some of the dead demons, collecting anything that looks useful. I know their eyes, but anything else would be good, too.

Then experiment with another eye, I want to see if I can use it to see what the demons have seen. Maybe I could combine it with the
crystalline white stones?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2010, 09:28:19 pm »

Attempt to become invisible via bending light.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2010, 09:46:31 pm »

Activate Lightning Edge and go hunt more demons!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2010, 01:31:59 am »

put me on the waiting list my character  is the same
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70