Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91043 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 14: "Sorry in advance, Frelock"]
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2010, 12:45:17 am »

well, can you suggest any AOE summons?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2010, 01:08:13 am »

I would think of the following:

Fire Elemental - Can spread fire over a large area.
Ankheg - Bug-like creature that can shoot highly corrosive acid at things.
Yellow Pikmin - Throws Bomb Rocks at people.
Wraith - Undead with Absorb Life attack (May not work on demons).
Fey - Fairy-thing that shoots lightning bolts.
Etc.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2010, 01:15:41 am »

Well sorta works, most dont AOE as such, but the kick ass id personaly think fey would do an aoe mind screw, im more thinking clasical fey here, lightning blasts would be a storm elemental in my opinion
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2010, 01:48:38 am »

Remember that you can summon not only creatures, but items and substances. Which includes huge rocks falling from above, acid clouds and a pool of liquid-hot magma. If you want summons that deal AoE damage, you may summon a fire\frost elemental and make it spin, hopefully creating some sort of twister. Or just summon a beehive with bees on fire.
Imaginative application of summoning is MUCH more powerful than imaginative application of other schools.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:51:04 am by HmH »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2010, 01:50:39 am »

i do want to learn elementalism at least, guess i should cast a few elementalism spells, itl help my summoning anyway

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2010, 06:49:36 pm »

If any demons advance upon me or Frelock I Earth Crush them.

Otherwise I say, "Wait, wait, I can fix this!" and, with Frelocks help, carefully (And in a non-painful way) return Frelock's face back to normal.

After all the healing and killing has been done, I search the area for anything that looks alchemicly useful.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2010, 06:51:10 pm »

Let me do it. Im the closest healer here.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2010, 07:06:37 pm »

Working on turn now. Looting is more of an end of turn or end of combat thing, so unless anyone provides a different idea, you'll be following HmH's plan of holding still so you can spend next turn enhancing things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2010, 07:53:05 pm »

Turn 15: Demon Eyes For All

Quote from: Ochita
If Demons are not dead I shall use frost lance
[1+1][Luck 4] You fail to properly focus the frost lance, and nothing happens.

Quote from: Tarran
Assist Ochita if he's still under attack. Otherwise assist wolfchild.
[3+2] vs [5] Amazingly, the demon actually deflects your attack.

Quote from: wolfchild
Call my spirit ally, then procede to flank a demon and kill cut it into ribbons
[4+2][Luck 6] Your spirit ally appears rather hulking and enraged today. It tugs you along to attack, forcing you to mimic its movements rather than vice versa. [4] vs [2] Your spirit ally crushes the demon in its jaws, then turns to the other in a rage. Cleave Attack: [1-1] vs [4] It manages to drag you right into the demon's way in its fumbling attack.
+3 Summoning

Demon [5] vs [1+1] The demon hits you hard.

Quote from: HmH
Stab Ochita's demon with a dagger, ask Sargoth for a few leather straps and wrap them around dagger's handle.
[3] vs [1] You stab the demon right in the face, the blade's power trickling sand-sized bits of it down. It collapses.
+2 Dagger Fighter

Quote from: Paranatural
Otherwise I say, "Wait, wait, I can fix this!" and, with Frelocks help, carefully (And in a non-painful way) return Frelock's face back to normal.
Frelock Aid Roll: [3]. [5-1][Luck 3] You manage to pry most of the dead skin from Fre. He's not all the way better, but that's just a matter of time. You think.
+3 Restoration

With the last demons slain, you proceed to loot them, discovering something many of you probably already knew (but that I never actually got around to telling you).

The demons are hollow. When alive, they move and act like you'd expect a living flesh-and-blood creature to. The corpses, however, are composed of stiff, inch-thick "skin" and black bones with some gray and white on them, like charred wood, plus the claws and so on. That's it. This also means mortal wounds tend to shatter or break rather than cutting or bending.

In any case, you proceed to loot them.

Quote from: Ochita
If they are dead then I will loot the bodys and cut them up for possible reagants
[2][Luck 5] You make a mess of trying to cut them up, freezing everything you're trying to salvage. You at least manage to get some frozen demon eyes out of it. Seemed like they took pretty well to the cold.
Gained Frozen Demon Eyes

Quote from: Paranatural
After all the healing and killing has been done, I search the area for anything that looks alchemicly useful.
[4][Luck 3] You notice demon eyes are probably fairly special, but Ochita had already hacked some of them up. You manage to grab two pairs nonetheless. They're squishy and black, unlike the rest of it.
+2 Butcher
Gained Four Demon Eyes

The demons have no equipment whatsoever. You can carve them up for parts or leave empty-handed.

MEANWHILE, FURTHER NORTH:

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Appear!

Having finished resting after your latest run-in with demons, you believe you've confirmed your suspicions- there seem to be four separate hubs of demon activity, with demon concentrations getting denser the deeper/closer you go. One is a bit more south, with the other three arrayed north of it, almost like a paw shape.

Unfortunately, alone you're no match for the types of patrols found deeper in, and it's occurred to you that you're probably the only one up here. If you want to hurt the demons more than by picking off minor patrols, you're going to need to think of something more clever than wearing them down at the edges.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:00:33 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 15: Demon Eyes For All]
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2010, 07:57:46 pm »

You guys should be able to handle the last demon. And besides, RNG is all alone up north. Nevermind, demon dead.

Go north until I find something interesting and/or I find RNG.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:03:11 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2010, 08:01:03 pm »

Edited to make it clearer that the last demon died to face-related injuries.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2010, 08:07:09 pm »

Summon an angel of mercy for after battle heals (i hope)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2010, 08:23:17 pm »

Pat Frelock's shoulder, "See? No harm done. None, at all. It's all perfect."

Follow the rest north, while trying trying to discover how the demon's eyes react with other substances, performing alchemical experiments.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2010, 08:28:45 pm »

While I go with the group I shall carve out a rune of power.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2010, 09:44:52 pm »

Search for a good sheltered area I can use as a base, or just patrol for anything interesting. While doing so, attempt to create a 'lightning shield' that surrounds me with electricity and zaps anyone who attacks me.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70