Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91031 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 11: "Oops"]
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2010, 10:55:24 pm »

Great job maxicaxi. Next time, be more careful with NECROMANCY.

I draw my sword, point it at the gate and shout "Onward, my incompetent teammates!". And begin walking through the gate, and then eastward westward.

maxicaxi is still "Healthy" despite being on green fire. Is... That intentional?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:13:52 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2010, 10:57:42 pm »

maxicaxi is still "Healthy" despite being on green fire. Is... That intentional?

Technically, he is not damaged. Though I suppose Currently Being Eaten might be a condition worth noting.

EDIT: Notation added.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:05:49 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2010, 11:16:46 pm »

i summon maxicaxi's extremities back onto him, assuming what i think is happening actualy is, i also summon a pegasus to serve as my mount, dismissing the earthmaker as i wont be arround to controll it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2010, 11:48:21 pm »

re route the spell so that it protects me
(what im thinking is this
max: oh noes they are shooting at me
green fire: omnononononononom crunchy arrows

i really should have learned that evil is not a toy
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:13:44 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:17 am »

Heal Maxicaxi as best I can, then begin movement towards the north!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2010, 12:38:19 am »

what do you think of my cure for maxi?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2010, 12:59:01 am »

what do you think of my cure for maxi?
I think it'll do nothing. Since the summoned parts will likely burn up.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2010, 01:04:26 am »

I agree to go north. While we're resting, I train in casting two Lightning Blasts in a turn.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:04:54 am by HmH »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2010, 01:04:34 am »

Goddamnit.

BTW what does being 'Adept' do for me?

Follow the rest. Sullenly. Also, keep an eye out for any interesting things that look like they'd be helpful in Alchemy.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2010, 01:14:07 am »

I shall go north and I will try to find a way to affect water in objects, making the water pull outwards
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2010, 12:35:54 pm »

BTW what does being 'Adept' do for me?

It's the next skill level, giving you an additional +1 to using that skill. So either less abject failure and more excessive overshots, or more powerful spells to begin with.

I believe we have examples of the issues inherent with either.

In theory, turn up in several hours. In practice, not so sure.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2010, 02:48:29 pm »

Turn 12: Foreseeable Conclusions

Quote from: Tarran
I draw my sword, point it at the gate and shout "Onward, my incompetent teammates!". And begin walking through the gate, and then eastward westward.
[4][Luck 2] Outnumbered by your companions' desires to go north, you at least manage to hook them west a bit... right into a demon patrol. Oops?

Quote from: wolfchild
i summon maxicaxi's extremities back onto him, assuming what i think is happening actualy is, i also summon a pegasus to serve as my mount, dismissing the earthmaker as i wont be arround to controll it
[5] You dismiss the earthmaker politely, and it waves goodbye before evaporating into wispy smoke. [3+1][Luck 2] Concluding that you have no idea how to summon a pegasus, and realizing you lack the necromantic knowledge to summon Max's limbs from the grip of such a powerful spell, you attempt to summon a long-lasting but mundane horse. The horse appears fine, but it's skitterish and runs off. Irritating, considering it'd just go back to where it was on death anyway.
+1 Earth Magic

re route the spell so that it protects me
[2-2][Luck 6] Your attempts to wrap the spell around you like a shield causes it to instantly swallow you whole. Luckily, you remain perfectly preserved in suspended animation. Not that you're aware of this at the moment, being frozen in time.
Completely entombed, effectively dead.

Quote from: Frelock
Heal Maxicaxi as best I can, then begin movement towards the north!
[1+1][Luck 5] Your efforts fail to affect the situation, except to give Max a brief feeling of hope that someone's helping out, and to assure you that healing him wouldn't make a difference- he's not being injured, he's being... banished?

Quote from: HmH
I agree to go north. While we're resting, I train in casting two Lightning Blasts in a turn.
[2][Luck 2] You utterly fail to produce dual lightning bolts. Plus you singe your hands a bit. Ow.
Singed Hands

Quote from: Paranatural
Follow the rest. Sullenly. Also, keep an eye out for any interesting things that look like they'd be helpful in Alchemy.
[2][Luck 6] You discover no alchemical reagents of any kind on your journey north. You do find a skeleton laden with loot. What the hell.
Skeleton Found
Iron Skullcap Found
Cheap Iron Scale Mail Found
Broken Sword Found
Tiny Red Gem Found
Tiny Yellow Gem Found
Three gold coins found
Various scraps of once-useful leather found
Small White Jar Found
+2 Scavenger

Quote from: Ochita
I shall go north and I will try to find a way to affect water in objects, making the water pull outwards
[5][Luck 6] You do a magnificent job of sucking water straight out of the air and soil, coalescing it into your hands. You can't control it very precisely, however, so you wonder how good it would be in combat.
+3 Water Magic
New Spell: Water Draw
Now Apprentice Water Mage

As the ground turns red and parched, a pack of 6 demons notice you and begin barreling forward. This happens after any looting you may wish to do, however.

Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

Note that maxicaxi can't do anything, and nobody else has the knowledge to break the spell unless they want to take some serious risks. Hence, he's mostly dead, though in a rather unusual manner.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:50:46 pm by IronyOwl »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 12: Foreseeable Conclusions]
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2010, 03:00:54 pm »

I examine the skeleton for any unusual markings or anything. See if it looks human or elven or what. Then, I take and put on the Iron Skullcap, take the Gems, and one of the Gold Coins. I give two of the Gold Coins to the two first people to say they want some. I also take the white jar, padding it the best I can with the scraps of leather. I offer the chain mail to anyone who wants it, and consider my chances of being able to enhance it with my magics (Earth would count for metals and gems too, right?)

In response to the demon patrol:

I test out my new adept powers but creating a pit that swallows them, then uses the dirt displaced by the pit to crush them.

I'd suggest no one get too close to the demons.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2010, 03:09:48 pm »

I water draw from the demons then use that water to ice lance one of them

EDIT: I would like a gold coin and the chain mail with all of the sword (Epic plan, Frelock, HmH and I shall combine our powers to make that sword modertly useful. Repair+rune power= Rune of repair objects, scatter magic+Rune power= Rune of explode or scatter. Then collect the shards, Its a little project that will help me test my skills)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:12:36 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2010, 03:31:23 pm »

Oh fer crying out loud! I confused north with west! DAMMIT! :P

Run like hell to Paranatural. Fail-read.

Cut down the strongest of the patrol.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:34:59 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70