Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91007 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 10: Cockroach Demon]
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2010, 01:26:14 am »

"I will try to help with the walls as well"

Summon a creature of the earth to rebuild the wall

also after some earth magic skill here
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2010, 01:27:44 am »

Run around, helig anybody injured
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2010, 02:04:09 am »

I agree with commander and place a wall of lightnings where there was a stone wall, preferably powered by energies of nearby demonic bodies, be they dead or alive. I also ask maxicaxi to help me with the "draining energies from nearby demonic bodies" part.

UPD: Action changed, new action at reply #115. Thanks for reminding, Tarran.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:05:58 am by HmH »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2010, 02:10:10 am »

[Epic Spell] I say one word that with such force that even the world listens. ''Stop.'' All people present slow down and stop doing anything. they all have a slightly surprised expression . and I walk up to the demon and I say ''come with me.'' and I transport the demon to a dimension of MY making, a dimension, where I store my experiments. there I lock the demon up for later. after this I return and everybody starts moving again with the same slightly surprised expression .the only thing they remember was that the demon disappeared.
[/Epic Spell]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:08:31 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2010, 02:42:53 am »

[Epic Spell] I say one word that with such force that even the world listens. ''Stop.'' All people present slow down and stop doing anything with a slightly surprised expression. and i walk up to the demon and i say ''come with me.'' and I transport the demon to a dimension of MY making, a dimension, where I store my experiments. there I lock the demon up for later. after this I return and everybody starts moving again with the same slightly surprised expression
[/Epic Spell]
I sure hope you know what you are doing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:46:01 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2010, 03:20:54 am »

[Epic Spell] I say one word that with such force that even the world listens. ''Stop.'' All people present slow down and stop doing anything with a slightly surprised expression. and i walk up to the demon and i say ''come with me.'' and I transport the demon to a dimension of MY making, a dimension, where I store my experiments. there I lock the demon up for later. after this I return and everybody starts moving again with the same slightly surprised expression
[/Epic Spell]
"No! I must lock the demons" he shouted
The dice said "No, Max. You are the demons"
And then Max was a hellgate.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2010, 03:22:00 am »

[/Epic Spell]
I sure hope you know what you are doing

[sarcasm]no I don't[/sarcasm]
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2010, 03:27:44 am »

lol wut.

Though I have to admit: maxicaxi turning into a hellgate would be pretty awesome/mindscrewing.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2010, 03:32:06 am »

lol wut.

Though I have to admit: maxicaxi turning into a hellgate would be pretty awesome/mindscrewing.
http://www.google.ru/search?q=you+are+the+demons

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:01 am »

lol wut.

Still doesn't make sense at all. :P

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2010, 04:36:40 am »

lol wut.

Still doesn't make sense at all. :P
It isn't supposed to make sense, it's supposed to imply that the quoted text doesn't make sense.
I mean, why don't you read what GM writes, maxicaxi? Ignoring commander is bad, but telling him and his soldiers to stop with surprised faces will get you killed in a turn.

Change of action. I search my spellbook for "Permanent Wall Creation" spell.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:06:55 am by HmH »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2010, 04:43:25 am »

When changing your action it's a good idea to strikethrough the old action.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2010, 09:40:42 am »

I apologize to the commander and tell him I'd never faced demons face to face before and that I got over-excited.

(Assuming I get healed) I tell him I'll devote myself to rebuilding the wall, carefully, until it is as good as it was before.

Assuming he lets me, I do so. Very carefully, very slowly, very precisely.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2010, 09:27:15 pm »

Right, returning from Priestly duties, sir!

Get to healing as many members of our team as I can, using heal moderate wounds.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2010, 10:43:51 pm »

Turn 11: "Oops"

Quote from: Tarran
If he isn't, then I walk up to the commander and ask for orders.
The fact that you didn't arrive with the group responsible for the wall incident, plus the fact that you killed three demons and engaged several more, have mostly cleared you of the commander's anger. He tells you to "Standby, I might have a task for you in a minute."

Quote from: wolfchild
Summon a creature of the earth to rebuild the wall
[5][Luck 5] You summon a nine-foot-tall earth elemental with the ability to glide itself, or parts of itself, through earth or stone, plus the ability to meld stone as it does so. Control [4] It swims through the ground, gathering up several stones to merge back onto the wall. [2] It can't quite get them to fit together, though.
+4 Summoning
New Spell: Summon Earthmaker

Quote from: Ochita
Run around, helig anybody injured
[4-1][Luck 3] You only manage to heal a little bit of damage on Nathan. But nobody blew up.
+2 Restoration

Quote from: maxicaxi
[Epic Spell] I say one word that with such force that even the world listens. ''Stop.'' All people present slow down and stop doing anything. they all have a slightly surprised expression . and I walk up to the demon and I say ''come with me.'' and I transport the demon to a dimension of MY making, a dimension, where I store my experiments. there I lock the demon up for later. after this I return and everybody starts moving again with the same slightly surprised expression .the only thing they remember was that the demon disappeared.
[/Epic Spell]
[3-1][Luck 1] Your attempts to trap the demon in a pocket dimension fail, and it remains on the loose. The magic doesn't fail entirely, however- in fact, it never quite leaves your hands, except to begin devouring them and moving on up your arms. You think you can still feel them and it doesn't hurt, but it looks like your arms are gone below the elbows, being devoured by ravenous green fire that is quickly spreading. Uh, help?
+2 Necromancy

Quote from: HmH
I search my spellbook for "Permanent Wall Creation" spell.
[1] The book clearly says that to create permanent walls, you simply blast an area with powerful and unstable magic over and over again. No, you don't need to double check that, you just read it and that's what it clearly and obviously says. I mean, how else would you do it?

Quote from: Paranatural
(Assuming I get healed) I tell him I'll devote myself to rebuilding the wall, carefully, until it is as good as it was before.
[5-1] He glares at you, but gives you one chance to show what you can do. [4+1][Luck 1] You perfectly rebuild part of the waoh my god did you put it in backwards? How did that even happen? Well the demons have stairs now so the commander's probably pissed.
+2 Diplomacy
+2 Earth Magic
Now Adept Earth Mage

Quote from: Frelock
Get to healing as many members of our team as I can, using heal moderate wounds.
[3+1][Luck 1] You pour a moderate amount of healing into Seymore, nearly killing him as you pull away. Wait what? It looks like the energy you channeled just latched onto his own life force, taking it with it when you tried to leave.
+2 Restoration
New Spell: Life Transfer

Enraged by the magical blunders of Max and Sargoth, Fre's questionable healing, Nathan's blatant conspiracy to commit further magical blunders, and his own foolishness at listening to that earth mage a second time, the commander bellows "THAT'S IT!"

"YOU ARE ALL GOING ON A MISSION TO THE NORTH, OR YOU ARE ALL BEING DECLARED TRAITORS AND BEING ATTACKED ON SIGHT. ARE WE CLEAR?!"

Should you accept, he explains the details: You're to head north and check out the region east of the demon nest. Including a very close inspection of the demon nest itself. You're then to report back your findings, which had better be useful and interesting. You get the feeling none of this will be even remotely safe. You're also not hearing much about quest rewards.

Fre can still weasel out of it, as while he is also a jackass mage with no control over his powers, he just recently joined up and so doesn't have any shared guilt with a certain earth mage. Tarran is completely off the hook, but can still join up to ensure there's at least one competent person up there. The commander adds the warning that if he does go, he should remember to prioritize getting back alive over killing demons- after all, the demons are more than willing to make that trade, which is reason enough for him to avoid it. Oddly enough, this particular part is missing in his speech to the others.

You're all fully healed because of technical issues (I'm just glad exact hp count is the only thing not in this thread) and because if you accept, you'll rest up anyway. If you refuse things might get a bit messier.

...also I forgot about the demon, so we'll just say he stopped attacking and is looking at Max curiously.

Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:05:20 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70