Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 90952 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 2: Unexpected Benefits]
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 06:57:30 pm »

It's fine; I'm still watching....always watching...

I'll come in when you deem it a good time.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 08:00:34 pm »

I'll just create my guy for whenever I join.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still watching. Don't worry, I can wait forever, no rush to get me in.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 09:02:33 pm »

I summon a small woodland bird to scout the area, then report its findings to the commander
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 11:00:33 pm »

I try to create a rune of stabilise necromantic workings  on my crossbow
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:11:00 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 11:26:55 pm »

Head back to the fort and convince the commander to give us a second chance. If I have any time left I examine the white stones, and mess about with them with alchemy.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:32 am »

Try to make a rune that will make the item very VERY cold. (Also maxicaxi want to study runes together? We might learn faster.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 01:57:42 am »

Try to make a rune that will make the item very VERY cold. (Also maxicaxi want to study runes together? We might learn faster.)

next turn then
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 02:05:02 am »

I search my spellbook for anything on modifying spells and enchantments in a short time.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:24:36 am by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 04:36:18 am »

Turn 3: New Beginnings

Quote from: wolfchild
I summon a small woodland bird to scout the area, then report its findings to the commander
[4][Luck 1] You successfully summon what seems to be a hawk. It promptly screeches and attacks you. Hawk [1] vs [3+1] You successfully knock it backwards to the ground as it charges you.
+2 Summoning

Quote from: maxicaxi
I try to create a rune of stabilise necromantic workings  on my crossbow
Runecrafting [4][Luck 4], Necromancy [5][Luck 4]. You succeed in scribing a rune that not only stabilizes necromantic effects, but slightly strengthens them.
+4 Necromancy
New Spell: Rune of Necromantic Focus

Quote from: Paranatural
Head back to the fort and convince the commander to give us a second chance. If I have any time left I examine the white stones, and mess about with them with alchemy.
Diplomacy [5]. You manage to convince him that first meaning was just getting off on the wrong foot, and you're probably not incompetent at all. He decides to give you a chance to prove your mettle.
+3 Diplomacy

Quote from: Ochita
Try to make a rune that will make the item very VERY cold.
Runecrafting [5+1][Luck 5], Water Magic [5][Luck 5]. Grabbing your longsword, you manage to scribe a series of runes across the blade, rendering the blade permanently frosty but leaving the hilt unaffected. It now radiates cold, to the point where a slight mist constantly trails from it.
+3 Runecrafting, +2 Water Magic
New Spell: Rune of Frozen Water

Quote from: HmH
I search my spellbook for anything on modifying spells and enchantments in a short time.
[1][Luck 5] You find just what you're looking for, and nearly try it out before realizing that's not what that means at all. On the bright side, you realize what that does mean, and why you shouldn't do it.
+1 Destruction

The commander explains the situation to Sargoth: "A demon attack is on its way. Normally, outsiders are to stand down and not interfere, for two reasons. One, I want these soldiers to be absolute experts in killing demons, since they're going to be doing it for a long, long time. Two, I don't want any half-baked mage making things worse. If you're really as good as you say you are, and your friends are up to snuff with you, you should be able to wreak havoc on these demons without taking down the fortress with you. I want you and your companions to stand up there in the middle and do what you can to the main force of demons, while my men continue to assault them from the sides. You'll be completely protected, so don't worry about that, just show me what you can do to the bastards. If you think you can't handle it, pull back and let my archers back up there. Understood?"

He then heads inside. "If you two want in on the foray, there's a group proving themselves right now. If you want in with them, you might want to get up there and fight alongside them yourself."

Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

The demons will attack at the end of next turn; one round to prepare, if you intend to face them. One of the archers calls out about approaching demons, and anyone who climbs to the top of the wall sees a massive horde of them thundering towards the fortress. They have dark red skin, black horns, teeth, and eyes, and are charging on all fours like gorillas. Their arms seem large and muscular, and they have a bulging belly, large horns, and a large, jutting lower jaw.

The center of their attack, the region directly north and above the gate, has been cleared out for you (assuming you accept; they'll fill it up if you decline). Off to the sides, having less of an angle, are numerous uniformed archers.

Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

I've started adding short descriptions to your profiles; let me know if anything's wrong or you have a better idea.

Since maxicaxi stealth edited his question in earlier and I just now noticed it, we'll all now enjoy a flashback to his mysterious question:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:09:36 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 3: New Beginnings
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 04:48:36 am »

It would be nice if you included our locations in our turn profiles. As the player's location easy to forget or miss.

Stand in front of our rag-tag group. Pointing my sword at the incoming demons with an emotionless stare as to deteriorate their morale and/or scare them.

Ed: Read next post.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:16:45 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 05:05:35 am »

You're all inside the fort; you and Frelock are inside the building, but that's not a particularly relevant distance. I should keep track of location if any of you split up, but as long as you're all in more or less one group it should be fairly obvious by context. Paranatural went outside the walls to gather things, for instance, but was still close enough to the fort that it didn't matter much. Though, I suppose I could have made it clearer than HmH fired off a shotgun inside the walls but outside the buildings.

You also have one turn to do any preparation; they won't really be close enough to affect until next turn. Actually, screw that. Changing turn. Do bear in mind that there are a lot of demons and the commander refuses to open the front gate, though there is a rear gate you could go through if you're feeling particularly brave/suicidal.

...actually, I think I will start including locations. The less confusion the better.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 05:16:29 am »

Stand in the direct center of the top of the gate and exact vengeance on the demons that climb up.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 3: New Beginnings]
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 05:37:06 am »

I go where the commander told me to and pick up some stones.
If demons are at melee distance, I grab one of them and cast Shrapnel Shatter.
If not, I throw Fireballs at them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:43:41 am by HmH »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 05:37:48 am »

study the demons so that i can figure out how to raise them later i got an awesome rune! thanks gm

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:43 am »

hmm, i can
A) do what im told stay on the fort and summon small furry creatures to help
or
B) summon a spirit ally and wade into the frey
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70