Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 90969 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 8: It's Like Healing, Maaaaaaan]
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2010, 06:25:30 am »

Oh hey, I didn't get a 1.

Walk over to Ochita and slap him until he's back to normal.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2010, 06:27:53 am »

I can ,like see colours with those demons. I want to paint with them!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2010, 06:29:43 am »

scathing touch x2, one on each demon
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2010, 06:31:27 am »

Nobody summons far more power than is wise 2\4\8 times and more, right? So he will still have a good chance to miss.

I run to some demon and combine Detonate and Fireball into a melee-range spell that rapidly heats held enemy or object.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2010, 10:50:30 am »

OK, sorry, i was at a D&D session, lets see, attempt to summon A creature of ice to fight the demons, then a creature of the earth
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2010, 11:40:40 am »

Create an earth spike to slam up and impale any remaining demons
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2010, 05:03:54 pm »

Turn 9: Self Destructive Behavior

Quote from: Tarran
Walk over to Ochita and slap him until he's back to normal.
[2] He stumbles out of the way of your slapping, then dances away at the demon.

Quote from: Ochita
I can ,like see colours with those demons. I want to paint with them!
[5][Luck 2] You masterfully sheath your hands in water and try to paint with the demon, but the color won't flow. It almost looks like slapping it with watery hands made it mad. Haha, angry paint...

Demon [6] vs [1]. It knocks you out of your daze and into a new one, slamming you in the head and spinning you around and to the ground.

Quote from: maxicaxi
scathing touch x2, one on each demon
[2][Luck 6] You utterly fail to channel the correct energies, but in your brief try notice the bones of the demons glowing through their bodies. They must have some sort of necromantic affinity or quality to them, as your puppeteering spell certainly implied.

[5] vs [5+1], [6] vs [5]. Your fresh memory of their skeleton, and experience controlling it, gives you a bonus to dodging this particular one, adding insult to injury. The second knocks you back, but not severely.

Quote from: HmH
I run to some demon and combine Detonate and Fireball into a melee-range spell that rapidly heats held enemy or object.
[5+1][Luck 2] You rush over and channel power into the demon, detonating it in fire. Rather than the massive explosion of the last one, this bursts into a wave of flame, which injures you much as the first one did.
+2 Destruction
New Spell: Fiery Detonate

Quote from: wolfchild
attempt to summon A creature of ice to fight the demons, then a creature of the earth
[3+1][Luck 3] You summon a rather small creature of ice crystals, which looks up at you quizzically, as if to ask "Am I really supposed to fight those things?"
[4+1][Luck 4] You summon a rather large earth elemental, which looks like a mound of dirt. It rumbles over to the demons, but it's too slow to reach them! You also inform your ice elemental that the answer is yes. [4] It complies, attempting to freezing touch one of the ones battling Max. [6] vs [5] It manages to freeze the demon's ankle, but can't do much more than that.
+3 Summoning
+3 Summoning
New Spell: Summon Grinder

Quote from: Paranatural
Create an earth spike to slam up and impale any remaining demons
[5+1][Luck 3] You create a similarly unfocused burst of stone beneath the non-frozen-ankle demon attacking Max. It's knocked back and injured a little, but the air takes most of the brunt.
+2 Earth Magic

Two demons, one slightly injured, attack Max while a third wails on an incapacitated Ochita.

Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

And don't worry about it wolfchild, it wasn't that you were running late or anything, I just figured everyone (including you) would prefer getting another turn in if possible.

Also, Fre Ericson will be backing out for now to deal with vital priestly duties. Alright, so he's not a priest, but he looks and acts like one. Normally I'd AI him, but getting killed by the GM's inept piloting is something I'd rather like to avoid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 9: Self Destructive Behavior]
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2010, 05:10:06 pm »

How.. Dare. You! Take this! I ice spike the demon wailing on me
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2010, 06:59:28 pm »

I have two arms of earth arise from the ground and slap together on the other demon, crushing it to death.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »

I charge and attack the demon attacking Ochita!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2010, 08:53:53 pm »

My orrigional idia was a person who used summons to help in melle, but im turning into a minion master

1st i didnt get a spell for the ice one
2nd my action Try to improve the speed of my summoned creatures, specifically the grinder, also ask the angel to attack the demons, or preferably heal us

I think i need a spoiler or something that contains my currently summoned creatures
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2010, 01:01:15 am »

I put out fires and shout for medic.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »

I fire a bolt of necromancy on the demon (deals damage and weakens it)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2010, 01:04:26 am »

Turn 10: Cockroach Demon

Quote from: Ochita
How.. Dare. You! Take this! I ice spike the demon wailing on me
[4][Luck 6] You flip over and groggily form water over your hands, chilling and forcing it out into a spike. It stabs through the demon's face, which keeps trying to rush you, pushing it all the way through its head and dropping it.
+3 Water Magic
New Spell: Ice Lance

Quote from: Paranatural
I have two arms of earth arise from the ground and slap together on the other demon, crushing it to death.
[4+1][Luck 4] Two curved earthen pillars arc gracefully up, slamming into the wounded demon and crushing it like a clay pot.
+4 Earth Magic
New Spell: Earth Crush

Quote from: Tarran
I charge and attack the demon attacking Ochita!
[2+2] vs [4]. You rush to the demon attacking Max instead, since the one attacking Ochita lacks most of its head now. You miss, unfortunately.

Quote from: wolfchild
Try to improve the speed of my summoned creatures, specifically the grinder, also ask the angel to attack the demons, or preferably heal us
[3+1][Luck 5] You succeed in summoning an earth glider, which while somewhat similar in appearance to the Grinder, is much faster. It begins pushing the Grinder along, increasing its movement. They still can't quite reach the demon, though.
+3 Summoning
New Spell: Summon Earth Glider
Now Adept Summoner

Quote from: HmH
I put out fires and shout for medic.
You swat yourself out and cry out for medical assistance. [5] The angel finally turns to look at you, and hovers over. [3][Luck 5] It only infuses you with a bit of healing, but it's very well placed. You feel much better now.

Quote from: maxicaxi
I fire a bolt of necromancy on the demon (deals damage and weakens it)
[1+1][Luck 6] You fail to focus the energies properly, but the way it swirls around your hand gives you an idea.
+1 Necromancy

Quote from: Commander
We haven't got all day
[3+3] vs 5. The commander steps over to finish Max's opponent, but fails to do more than wound it. He waves a command to the wall archers.

Quote from: Wall Archers
Uh.... alright....
The wall archers fire on the remaining demon, as well as those near it.
Archers [5] vs Demon [4] They wing it, but not enough to finish the job.
Archers [5] vs Commander[5+2] The commander easily deflects or sidesteps any arrows sent at him.
Archers [3] vs Max [5] Max also avoids any harm.

Quote from: Reserve Archers
Uh....
The reserve archers also fire uncertainly.
Archers [4] vs Demon [6] They fail utterly to hit the crafty demon.
Archers [4] vs Commander [6+1] They also fail utterly to hit their commander.
Archers [2] vs Max [2] They narrowly miss Max also.

Quote from: Pikemen
Seriously?
Obeying their commander's insistence that they finish this, the pikemen rush the demon.
[2] vs [4]
[4] vs [4]
[5] vs [5]
The demon steadfastly refuses to die after two sets of archers, a master swordsman, and three pikemen attempt to dispose of it.

Quote from: Tiny Ice Elemental
Touch!
[1] vs [2] The tiny ice elemental summoned by Seymore also fails to do anything.

Quote from: Last Demon
KILL!
The last demon selects the most likely target to die immediately before itself. [3] vs [2] It succeeds in wounding one of the pikemen that could reach it this round.

(Since this is ridiculous and the first successful attack will probably destroy it, I'll skip past it and presumably one of you will use your next action to deal with it next turn; if not, the soldiers will. Either way, we're not devoting another entire turn to this debacle.)

With the final demon dealt with, the commander turns to you all, especially a certain earth mage. He hasn't put his sword away, and the rest of the soldiers look ready for action as well.

"YOU," he bellows, glaring at Sargoth, "have destroyed the wall defending this bastion from repeated demon assaults! A bastion which in turn defends everything south of it! Hence YOU," he looks briefly at some of the magi other than Sargoth, "are going to fix it, or else YOU are going to pay for it elsewhere!"

He looks displeased. The soldiers seem to share the sentiment. While you may continue to carve runes and summon things, the commander is rather interested in hearing what you have to say for yourselves, and ignoring him so you can draw pretty pictures is likely to make him mad.

Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

Summoning Changes:
Summoning will now work similarly to Arts, in that a secondary school can be used to augment the first. However, this means that like staggered spells, the maximum skill level usable in such a summon is equal to one higher than that of the secondary skill being used. This means that without, for instance, any skill in Fire Magic, attempts to summon a fire elemental can be at best +1, for a total roll of +0 on a first level spell. Mundane skills can sometimes be used as secondary schools, but otherwise single-school summoning spells tend to be much more limited to mundane effects and creatures than their combined counterparts. Note that additional schools do not increase the raw power, just the range of special abilities or effects possible.

Secondly, summoning attempts take a penalty equal to the number of summons currently active; particularly powerful summons might drain more.

Third, summons must generally be compelled to act with a successful summoning check each round; this takes the penalty for multiple summons and suffers the limitations of multiple-school summons. Poor results will generally cause the summon to vanish.

1st i didnt get a spell for the ice one
That was intentional. You didn't roll high enough to warrant a separate spell, and it wasn't a particularly useful summon anyway.

I think i need a spoiler or something that contains my currently summoned creatures
That's true, I'll start tracking your minions. Note that most of them disappear rather quickly, though I suppose that's even more reason to list which ones are still around. For next turn it'll be assumed that they've all vanished, which is just as well because they'd be a pain to keep around using the new rules.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 10: Cockroach Demon]
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2010, 01:12:38 am »

Put away my sword and friendlily greet the strange angel if he's still there.

If he isn't, then I walk up to the commander and ask for orders.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70