Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91063 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 52: Stereotypical Wizard Death]
« Reply #750 on: December 12, 2010, 08:36:35 pm »

Until further notice, I'm going to stop shoving wolfchild into stasis when he's not here, and let his comrades direct him instead.

So, feel free to give him orders.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 12, 2010, 11:29:35 pm »

wolfchild: Empower Nathan's fireball.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2010, 06:36:41 pm »

The demon wants me to kill RNG?

I've kinda lost what's going on. RNG and I are chilling with the caged demon and the girl while everyone else fights a new plant boss , eh?

See to the girl. See if she is alive and in need of healing. See if she's awake. If she's awake, ask her how she came to be here. If not, heal her and wake her up.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »

The demon wants me to kill RNG?
Yep.

I've kinda lost what's going on. RNG and I are chilling with the caged demon and the girl while everyone else fights a new plant boss , eh?
The girl's back a bit, but you could sprint to reach her, or just walk over when not in combat. You led almost everyone after the demon RNG was chasing, so they're very close; just slightly out of plant-attacks-you-also range.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2010, 09:04:21 pm »

by that action i meant figgure out whats going on cause ive lost track
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 19, 2010, 05:04:20 pm »

Hello? Is anyone there.. there.. there..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 19, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »

Fah! If this game dies, I DEMAND my character get pulled into a wormhole so I can use him in other games.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 19, 2010, 06:14:58 pm »

Huh. Just read though all of it. Maybe we should run away..... Now.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 19, 2010, 06:32:06 pm »

Just waiting on RNG, who was waiting on Paranatural.

Fah! If this game dies, I DEMAND my character get pulled into a wormhole so I can use him in other games.
Sounds fair.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 19, 2010, 07:11:28 pm »

Girl? What girl?

Whatever.

Kill the demon once more, and try to absorb it's energy once more. For some reason I seem to have a lot of difficulty doing this.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »

...  Rolls?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 21, 2010, 05:42:45 pm »

Alright, "quite soon" may have been something of an exaggeration. But rest assured, rolls are coming kind of pretty soonish.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 22, 2010, 05:42:44 am »

Turn 53: Cheating Death. Sort of.

Quote from: Tarran
*Scottish accent* Ah, poor Flagrarus, killed by his horrible mistake so young. I hope he gets a nice plant filled place in he'vin. Where he can fail at his job to 'is life's co'tent.

Bisect plantboss2 horizontally.
[4+2] vs [3+2] You barely graze it, but the blow opens a slight wound regardless.
Plant takes light damage, still Lightly Wounded.
+4 Swordsman
Now Adept Swordsman

Quote from: iceball3
Clock the wolf against the head in a way that will non-fatally knock it out. Push it's unconcious body onto the rune of clinging, and flip open mmy book to the section that says stuff about geo-creatures.
[4] vs [5] You miss with your bucket.

[3+2] vs [6] You whack it over the head as it lunges for you, however. It shrugs off your bludgeoning and remains mostly unharmed.
Wolf-thing takes minor damage, now Lightly Wounded.

Quote from: Frelock
Cast breath of life on Flagarus
[3][Luck 4], [2][Luck 5] Miraculously, Flagro opens his eyes, weakly inhaling. You can already tell the magic won't last long, but for the moment he's actually alive! You've brought back the dead!
New Spell: Breath of Life
+10 Restoration

Quote from: HmH
Make my Fireball bigger, badder, stickier. Cast the resulting level 3 spell on the plant.
wolfchild: Empower Nathan's fireball.
[4][Luck 4], [4+2][Luck 4] You hurl an exploding bolt of clinging fire at the plant, and Seymore summons more flames around it. The plant lets out an infuriated, undulating shriek as you roast parts of it away and it continues to burn.
New Spell: Ignition Bolt
+4 Destruction
wolfchild: +4 Summoning
Plant takes critical damage, now Moderately Wounded.

Quote from: Ochita
Cure moderate wounds on self.
[3][Luck 1] You drain yourself trying to cast the spell, but it just doesn't work out.
Heal light damage, now Critically Wounded.
Now Drained: -1 penalty to next roll.
+1 Restoration

Quote from: Dwarmin
I move to and attack the plant boss with a herbicide bolt.
[5+1][Luck 6] You give it a good ol' shotgun blast of poison. (Resist 2) The greater contact area makes it a much more all-or-nothing affair, which in this case means it's super effective. It writhes and withers, screeching again.
Plant takes moderate damage, still Moderately Wounded.
+5 Poison

Quote from: wolfchild
Break out of stupor
[1] You remember Flagro leading you to the demons where you found Paranatural... or was it... anyway you chased the spirit-elf and... Tarran made a huge stone prison... uh...

Anyway, the point is you're near a cavern of dread but got sidetracked into chasing after a demon and there was a girl and then Flagro summoned another plant boss, which promptly crushed him to death. At least now you don't look so bad for summoning all those hostile angels.

[5] Also you feel great. It's almost like degenerating and regenerating at the same time is cleaning out your system and generally refreshing you.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Energize Frelock.
[1][Luck 5] You siphon off some of Fre's energy instead... which actually heals you a bit. Hm...
Heal minor damage, still Beyond Dead.
Fre takes -1 penalty to next casting attempt.
+3 Plant

Quote from: Paranatural
See to the girl. See if she is alive and in need of healing. See if she's awake. If she's awake, ask her how she came to be here. If not, heal her and wake her up.
[3][Luck 2] You sprint back to her, but are too out of breath to do anything else. You do note that she's awake and staring at the massive plant monster not too far off.

The demon desperately screams something about your flesh being something something as you leave.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Kill the demon once more, and try to absorb it's energy once more. For some reason I seem to have a lot of difficulty doing this.
[1+3] vs [5+2] You somehow manage to lodge your halberd between the "bars" of the cage, and the demon latches onto it to prevent you from using it again. [4] It manages to yell at the humans fighting the plant.
-3 to next attempt to gut demon with halberd.

The demon screams at the combatants engaged with the plant: "Imbeciles! Kill the spectre or be doomed! DOOMED! FLESH FLAYED FROM BONES! GNAWED UPON! DO YOU HEAR ME?!" It kind of goes on like that a while.

[5] The plant, meanwhile, is absolutely enraged.
Nathan: [4+2] vs [4]
Seymore: [6+2] vs [5+1]
Dwareet'ik: [4+2] vs [5]
Fre: [2+2] vs [6]
Ochita: [6+2] vs [3]

Nathan, Seymore, and Dwareet'ik take light damage, Seymore aided by his armor. Fre, as usual, promptly cudgels the plant as it grasps for him.

Ochita, unfortunately, is not so fortunate, and is slain by the creature's brutal swipe.

Ochita, Water Mage, has been slain!

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Seems Flagrarus was right about taking a few others with him.

Anyway, my apologies for the long delay. Weapons/armor partially updated.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:52:00 am by IronyOwl »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 53: Cheating Death. Sort of.]
« Reply #764 on: December 22, 2010, 05:51:11 am »

Why, Flagrarus? Why do you cause us all so much pain? What did we all do to deserve this?

Attempt to bisect plantboss2 again.

Also, why did the plant not attack me at all even though I was likely the closest to it?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70