Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91178 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 41: GLORY TO THE PLANT]
« Reply #555 on: October 12, 2010, 12:42:30 am »

Enchanting sucks. *rimshot*
Widen the magic vortex-thingy, so it includes the entire area but sucks with less force. I always wanted to see what happens if two non-dimensional spaces intersect.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 12, 2010, 01:56:53 am »

Use the water from the storm to make a pillar of icy death and try to hit around 3~2 demons with it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 12, 2010, 03:36:48 am »

Grow bamboo from the ground beneath the closest remaining demons that impales/launches them.

Sorry Thorontur. I'll cast Plant Puppet Reversal on you after the battle, if you still need it by then.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #558 on: October 12, 2010, 05:38:44 pm »

"Oh crap..."
Release my lash from lil' dwaree' and bring it around to grab Thorontur before he falls too deep into the portal. Bring him out and try to get him to land on one of the demons.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 13, 2010, 10:12:30 pm »

Crap. Earth Crush spell on the demons attacking Tarran.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46:06 pm »

Oh dear. Tarran seems to have become an undead, and hence immune to my poison magic? YES!

Once released, I create a poisonous magical aura around Tarran that will harm all attacking foes!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 18, 2010, 11:56:49 am »

Bump for Jreengus! Turn soon?

Seem we're missing wolf...he hasnt logged in for a few days. Sigh.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 18, 2010, 11:50:55 pm »

Soon-ish sort of probably. Probably before wolfchild gets back.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 19, 2010, 10:07:36 pm »

Turn 42: Ascension

Quote from: Tarran
Stab a demon in the head.
[6+2] vs [6] The demon does an excellent job of dodging to the side, but still gets sliced in half horizontally.
Demon slain.
+3 Swordsman

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Determine that my body is a lost cause, discarding it as I ascend as a mighty battle-spirit!
[6][Luck 5] Normally, the notion of shedding your mortal coil to ascend as some sort of spirit would be sheer madness. Evidently being in a whirling maelstrom of lightning and magic helps quite a bit, however. Lightning [2][Luck 1], Polearms [6][Luck 5], Plant [2][Luck 6], Absorb [6][Luck 3], Escape [1][Luck 3]

You successfully emerge from your body like a butterfly from a cocoon. You fail utterly to absorb any of the lightning around you, in fact losing some skill with it, and while you fail to merge meaningfully with the plant energy infesting you, you do manage to absorb its power. What you do absorb is nothing less than the essence of your martial skill- you have become, fairly literally, a spirit of battle. Sadly, you are trapped and the lightning is beginning to wear away at you.

Now Spirit of Battle. Lose lightning skill and affinity, gain innate bonus to melee combat. Lose gear, gain spectral equivalents.
Take light damage from maelstrom, now Lightly Wounded.

Quote from: Frelock
Cure critical wounds on Tarran
[3][Luck 5] You only channel a bit of the spell's power, but it takes well... or at least, as well as it's going to take. His condition seems to greatly diminish the effect...
Tarran receives light healing, now CRITICALLY WOUNDED!
+5 Restoration
New Spell: Cure Critical Wounds

Quote from: HmH
Widen the magic vortex-thingy, so it includes the entire area but sucks with less force.
[5-2][Luck 6] You manage to get it to widen... in fact, it's now slowly creeping open of its own accord. On the bright side, there's now plenty of room to get in or out.
+5 Enchanting

Quote from: Ochita
Use the water from the storm to make a pillar of icy death and try to hit around 3~2 demons with it.
[3+1][Luck 3] Using the last of the storm's power, you conjure a pillar of icy death. Unfortunately it only hits two demons, but it freezes the ones attacking Flagro to death.
+3 Water
Two demons slain.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Grow bamboo from the ground beneath the closest remaining demons that impales/launches them.
[1+2][Luck 6][Staff 3] Noticing one demon running loose, you attempt to deal with it, growing bamboo right under it. You only manage one stalk, but it happens to impale the demon through the head, so that works out, and the fact that it then grows out a bit doesn't really bother you.
+3 Plant
Demon slain.

Quote from: iceball3
Release my lash from lil' dwaree' and bring it around to grab Thorontur before he falls too deep into the portal. Bring him out and try to get him to land on one of the demons.
[3+2][Luck 1] You manage to flick lil Dwaree off your whip, smashing him into the ground in the process. You then attempt to ensnare Thorontur, who is by now deep in the portal. [6+2] vs [1+4], [6] vs [4+1] You manage to lash your papers through the portal's entrance, snag Thorontur, now apparently some sort of spirit, and overcome the portal's pull to launch him out. [4][Luck 1] The last two demons are too far away to hit, but you don't really notice that until it's too late, and you smash Thorontur onto the ground in a similar fashion to Dwaree.
+4 Improvised Weapons.
Dwareet'ik takes light damage, now Heavily Wounded.
Thorontur takes light damage, now Moderately Wounded.
Thorontur freed from portal.

Quote from: Paranatural
Crap. Earth Crush spell on the demons attacking Tarran.
[5+1][Luck 1] You smash everything attacking Tarran, plus Tarran himself. Oops. (Resist 1) He manages to shield the demons with his own body. How valiant!
+2 Earth
Two demons slain.
Tarran takes moderate damage, now Beyond Dead.

Quote from: Dwarmin
Once released, I create a poisonous magical aura around Tarran that will harm all attacking foes!
[5][Luck 5] You create a masterful aura around Tarran. Not only does it poison attackers, it slightly heals Tarran with their stolen energy!
+6 Poison
New Spell: Poison Cloak

The angels continue their assault.
Fre: [6] vs [1], [4] vs [6] The angel's broad, short blade is extremely well-aimed, but fortunately the angel surrounding Fre interferes. It finds itself utterly unable to disrupt the other angel's assault, and so interposes itself, taking the brutal blow for Fre.
Icebrawl: [6] vs [6] Despite Icebrawl's distraction at hurling his comrades around, the angel's brutal downward swipe hits only the ground.
Ochita: [4] vs [6] Ochita nicks the angel attacking him with his frost-rimed blade.
Nathan: [4] vs [1] Nathan fails to dodge properly and takes a nasty cut to the shoulder.
With its target suddenly vanished, the angel attacking Seymore goes after Flagro instead. [3] vs [5] He hits it in the face with his staff.

With the last demon slain, Tarran staggers on his feet. He manages to shake himself awake with the reminder that the angels are still attacking, but the absence of demons seems to have drained something out of him.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

All demons slain, five angels in various states of injury remain.

Also, I'm reversing my decision on how flurries work. To attack multiple times, you simply declare that you are attacking multiple times, and that drains your weapon skill by however many attacks you make. If you've got +3, you can attack a maximum of 3 times, at +3, +2, and +1. You would then be at +0 against any attacks made against you before your next turn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 42: Ascension]
« Reply #564 on: October 19, 2010, 10:21:29 pm »

Frelock, can you heal me again? I'm slightly worried about dieing if I run out of enemies to kill.

Charge and ram the least hurt angel with my sword.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 19, 2010, 10:26:37 pm »

Wow, that actually worked.

Escape from the maelstrom so I am no longer taking damage.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 20, 2010, 02:24:37 am »

Fry the angels with Chain Lightning.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 20, 2010, 02:38:36 am »

Oh, and I hope you guys don't mind but, could you guys try to leave at least one enemy alive until I'm actually healed by Frelock and not hope I get healed on the exact turn they're killed? I'm not really in the mood for dying.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 20, 2010, 03:16:20 am »

Don't worry, we can always make more enemies.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 20, 2010, 05:21:47 am »

Make a giant corrupting plant monster for Tarran to kill

Create a weak, but regenerating root enemy for Tarran to kill

Don't create any plant monsters. The seeds that Seeking Seeds fires now sprout into a plant that immediately fires more seeds.

I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70