Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91181 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 40: Heavy Melee]
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2010, 07:26:17 pm »

Meh, I'm fine with you using Dwarmin as a weapon just as long as you don't kill him.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #541 on: October 10, 2010, 07:28:48 pm »

"If his undershorts don't come off, then there is not much to worry about him getting killed... Or rather, that's how it would've been like for the past few months that we travelled together."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 10, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »

"HEY were FIGHTING the deamons !"
point out that we are fighting the demons to the angels, failing this cast an unsummon spell at them
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 11, 2010, 08:18:14 am »

Meh, I'm fine with you using Dwarmin as a weapon just as long as you don't kill him.

Well I'm not! I deny consent! My actions have been amended.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:22:58 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 11, 2010, 11:00:00 am »

Damn it you guys. Dont do this or I shall freese you. Then I shall use you as a hammer!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2010, 11:29:14 am »

Public Announcement: I'm going to assume Iceballs action will seriously harm my character, who is at the moment, attempting to heal flagarus who is at critical health, or help pacify/unsummon the angels. Can you guys help convince Iceball to...not do that...
See, We're close to losing Flag and Frelock...not the time for this, yah?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 11, 2010, 11:56:16 am »

iceball, I suggest you don't use a kobold.
Better pick RNG, at least he's heavy.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 11, 2010, 01:20:18 pm »

iceball, I suggest you don't use a kobold.
Better pick RNG, at least he's heavy.

If we get lucky, maybe I can suck the demons into the stone as well.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 11, 2010, 03:39:03 pm »

I suggested in PM to swing one of the DEMONS...at another one of the DEMONS!
Much better in my opinion.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 11, 2010, 04:00:44 pm »

I suggested in PM to swing one of the DEMONS...at another one of the DEMONS!
Much better in my opinion.
You clearly do not understand the power of the
Spoiler: stack attack (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #550 on: October 11, 2010, 07:16:18 pm »

Derp, I'm not strong enough to lift demons silly, and stack attacks won't work unless i take off my necklace, in which i get stuck to the string. Besides, if you get hurt, i'll just stop flailling you around, touch you, and let you stumble around in naussea before fighting again. Which brings up another idea: Poison Vomit!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2010, 08:37:00 pm »

Turn 41: GLORY TO THE PLANT

Quote from: Tarran
KILL AS MANY DEMONS AROUND ME AS I CAN!
[1][6] vs [6][6] You lash out with your sword, but the demons counter your blows perfectly, and one slams his fist into your gut as you try to deal with his friend.
Take heavy damage, now CRITICALLY WOUNDED!

Quote from: wolfchild
point out that we are fighting the demons to the angels, failing this cast an unsummon spell at them
[5-1][Luck 1] You manage to point out that you are indeed fighting the demons, but the angels just take this to mean that you're treacherous demon summoners, and continue to attempt to do you in.
+1 Negotiation

Quote from: HmH
If not: Overkill time! Disrupt the magic flows around the place to create a ripple that either banishes or disables all summoned or magic-driven creatures.
[2-2][Luck 4] You slam both hands into the ground, attempting to create a shockwave to disrupt summoned beings in the area. Unfortunately your hands just sort of get stuck in a magic vortex of your own making. It's sort of a ghostly white and black swirl that seems to be sucking in magic from your immediate area, as well as your hands. (Resist 1) "Hands" meaning "up to shoulders and trying very hard not to let it swallow your cheeks" in this particular instance.
+1 Enchanting
+1 Summoning

Quote from: Ochita
Despite not having any skill with healing I try to cast a mass cure light wounds.
[6-3][Luck 4] Despite having no real knowledge of healing, you successfully cast a fairly potent spell, albeit not as strongly as you'd like.
+9 Restoration
Now Novice Restoration
Fre heals light damage, now Heavily Wounded.
Tarran heals light damage, now Critically Wounded.
Flagro heals light damage, now Heavily Wounded.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Fall back and use Energize on all my allies (and use my wild magic staff this time, or do I have to re-rune it for that?
[6-1][Luck 1][Staff 1] You expertly magnify- wait, that's not- OH NO THE STAFF IS-
Seymore (Resist 4)
Nathan (Resist 6)
Sargoth (Resist 6)
Ochita (Resist 6)
Fre (Resist 3)
Tarran (Resist 4)
Thorontur (Resist 2)
Icebrawl (Resist 3)
Dwareet'ik (Resist 5)

Writhing tentacles of green energy burst from Thorontur's eyes and mouth, and he mutters what sounds vaguely like "glory to the plant" in an alien and gutteral voice. Fre and Icebrawl stagger a bit, green power leaking from their eyes and mouths, but seem to be fighting it off. Tarran and Seymore blink back the glow forming in their eyes, but don't seem quite out in the clear, and the rest seem to resist the spell's power altogether.
+6 Plant
Oops.

Regain my bearings and GLORY try once again to extract TO THE PLANT myself from the stone.
[6][Luck 1] You manage to dig your roots into the soil in an effort to not get sucked in, but the stone's pull is too strong. Something is going to give.
+2 Plant
Take light damage, now Lightly Wounded.
GLORY TO THE PLANT

Quote from: iceball3
Lash my chain out at dwaree' and use the new added weight to do something like this...
Try to hit the demons closest to me.
[5+2] vs [3] You snatch the kobold in your papers and attempt to dispose of a demon. (Resist 2) He fails to resist and is yanked along. [3] vs [2] You manage to bash a demon over the head with a kobold, dealing minor damage to both.
+4 Improvised Weapons

Quote from: Dwarmin
EDIT: I refuse to be used as a swing mace. If Iceball attacks me, I cast poison soul on him!
[1+1][Luck 6] You fail to disrupt Icebrawl's magic, but slamming into the demon seems to release a bit of it, slightly disorienting it.
+1 Poison

Quote from: Frelock
Engage Fiend-Cudgeling Stance

Cure Heavy wounds on Flagro
[3][Luck 3] You manage to let out a relatively weak healing spell on Flagro.
+4 Restoration
Now Expert Restoration
Flagro heals moderate damage, now Lightly Wounded.

Quote from: Paranatural
Use my mastery over earth magic to have the stone gently release RNG.
[1-1][Luck 5] It may be heavily tainted with enchantment and lightning, but a stone is a stone, you just have to... uh... well, melting the stone into the ground, causing the earth beneath him to take on its properties wasn't really your goal, but... uh... (Resist 2) Well, if you're gonna get sucked in completely, maybe it helps to have a nice big entrance now, right...?
+4 Earth
Lightning Stone now Lightning Portal.
Thorontur sucked into Lightning Portal.

Thorontur notes that the inside of the portal looks much like the outside: A swirling maelstrom of white and black, with electricity crackling here and there.

The demons around Tarran attempt to finish him off. [6][2][6] vs [1+1][5][4] The demons mangle the hapless fighter in a gleeful rage, breaking bones and rending flesh.

Tarran's mangled body does not fall to the ground, however. His shield glows brightly, and soon the same light is emanating from his eyes, and his wounds don't seem to bother him. In fact, he can't feel them at all...
Take heavy damage, now Beyond Dead.
Revenancy

The three demons past the front line decide to assault Icebrawl for his whip antics. [2][5][6-1] vs [2][3][4] They inflict light slashes.
Take light damage, now Lightly Wounded.

The angels continue their assault.
Seymore: [1] vs [3+1] The angel's clumsy assault leaves its face wise open, and you put several gashes on its spectral "face" and "neck."
Fre: [3] vs [6] You firmly cudgel your assailant.
Icebrawl: [1] vs [2] You give your attacker a kobold to the face.
Dwareet'ik: Seeing that you're indisposed, your attacker goes for Ochita instead.
Ochita: [5] vs [5] Fierce swordplay meets fierce dodging.
Nathan: [2] vs [6] You give your attacker a good shanking.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 41: GLORY TO THE PLANT]
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:56 pm »

Uh, wow, this shield is much more awesome then I originally thought. Hmm, I wonder if healing will have any affect on me.

Stab a demon in the head.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2010, 09:56:30 pm »

Determine that my body is a lost cause, discarding it as I ascend as a mighty battle-spirit!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:31:28 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2010, 10:44:26 pm »

Cure critical wounds on Tarran
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70