Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91183 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 34: Gilligan's Rule]
« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2010, 08:46:29 pm »

Turn 35: The Elf Lights It Up

Quote from: wolfchild
Cast spirit ally, defensivly attack the plant with my claw gloves
[3+3][Luck 4] A hulking ghostly wolf appears over you, and you attack the plant. [5+1] vs [4+2], [6] vs [1+1] While your attack is parried, your spirit companion lunges through to tear at the monster.
+2 Summoning
Plant monster takes moderate damage, still critically wounded.

Quote from: Frelock
Cure serious wounds on Sargoth
[3][Luck 5] Your healing is weaker than intended, but refreshing and well-placed.
+4 Restoration
Sargoth heals moderate damage, now Moderately Wounded.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Chop the plant monster up into tiny pieces. When it is dead, puree them and squeeze out the juice, then use my lightning to distill the extract into Ichor Liquor.
[4+2] vs [1+2] You strike the final blow, and the monster begins to collapse just as the lightning strikes.
Thorontur: [3][2] vs [5][1]
Plant: [2][5] vs [1][4]

Miraculously, the lightning inflicts only light injuries on its way out. It roasts the collapsing plant a bit better though, and its tumbled corpse is now smoking lightly.
Plant Abomination slain.
+4 Polearms
+4 Lightning
Light damage taken, now Critically Wounded.
Ability Gained: Natural Conduit

Quote from: Tarran
Try to grab and pull Paranatural out of his own bigass mistake before he dies.
[3] You don't manage to run all the way over in time. Curse those distracting demons and that hole.

Quote from: Paranatural
Accept the help, and use my (apparently) masterful command of earth magic to have the earthen maw open and let us out.
[6-1][Luck 6] The earthen maw opens completely and even inverts, spiraling you and Nathan out and onto the ground. You're mostly unharmed from the fall.
+6 Earth Magic
No longer being ground to paste by own magic effect.
Now Expert Earth Magic

Quote from: HmH
Help Paranatural with my knowledge of enchantments.
[5] It occurs to you that a low-level earth enchant might very well be within your power. Enchant [6][Luck 2], Earth [3-1][Luck 2] You channel too much power into the enchant, and it doesn't hold. Let's never speak of your attempts at earth magic ever again.

Quote from: Ochita
Gently remove the ice from me and drive it as spikes into that plant.
[3][Luck 6] You manage to gently break the ice apart, but it's too little to escape. You're no longer suffocating, at least, and the cold stopped your bleeding.
+3 Water
Take light damage, now Critically Wounded.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Kill everyone with plant magic!

GLORY TO THE PLANT!
[3][Luck 4] Newly freed from the plant's grasp, you proceed to murder all your friends recover from the experience. You're a little woozy but otherwise alright, and counting yourself lucky you didn't take any hits for the plant. And hey, you've shown everyone how powerful plant magic can be!

The wyvern and angel attempt to finish their business. [2] vs [3+2], [2+2] vs [1] The angel splits the wyvern down the middle, and it dissipates into wispy smoke with an angry bellow.

The combo elemental struggles more. [6+2] vs [6+2] Once again, the fire elemental hangs on through momentum.

With all enemies slain, the looting and deciding what to do next begins. Nevermind that a giant plant monster you just saw being created likely has nothing of value on it. Unless you count your own blood, of course.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)

And your first boss battle ends without casualties! Hurrah.

Lizards will be joining soon. Do you have any idea how hard it is to come up with appropriate spells that combine runecrafting and improvised weapons?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 35: The Elf Lights It Up]
« Reply #436 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »

Lizards? Uhh... Hmm.

Am I in any danger of bleeding to death, or will I stay alive if I don't receive healing right away?

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 12, 2010, 09:00:18 pm »

"Lizards" means "the lizardfolk and kobold characters," not "the ravenous Squamatademons that know no fear." Those might come in later though.

You're fine as long as nothing else actively harms you; even at critically wounded you're not getting any worse unless something makes it worse.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 12, 2010, 09:14:21 pm »

Release the combo elemental from my controll, making sure to dismiss the wind part 1st, thank the angel and tell it that it can stay or leave on it's/his/her own perogative, then summon an angel of mercy and get it to heal the valiant elf

edit: fixed typos
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:54:22 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #439 on: September 12, 2010, 09:18:44 pm »

Lizards, lizards. Wait does that include me?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 12, 2010, 09:30:59 pm »

Do my best to be healed.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2010, 10:03:51 pm »

Erm, Flagrarus's status still says that he's a Plant Slave.

I idle about, attempting to use my pure badassery to heal myself.

I don't expect that to succeed to tell you the truth, but I am NOT going anywhere while I'm heavily wounded. So I might as well do something productive.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2010, 10:05:02 pm »

Use what I have learned from witnessing Frelock's healing to finish healing myself, so he can attend others. (Cure Light Wounds)

We're gonna need more than one healer.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »

We're gonna need more than one healer.

I can summon a healer, doing it right now in fact

edit: it's also a staggered restoration spell, so i might want to learn healing magic of my own
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2010, 10:56:35 pm »

So long as you spend a turn doing fairly restful things, it can be assumed you rest enough to be at full health. This doesn't apply to status ailments that aren't timed, and damage you take while/immediately after resting will still be there unless everyone rests some more.

Of course, healing yourself can grant experience in healing yourself in more dire situations, and intentionally resting negates the chance of harming yourself on accident.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:28 pm »

Study the plant monster to gain a better understanding of planty things. Also, heal a little.

EDIT: Since everybody is combining spells: Seeking Seeds+Root Draw. Cast it at...something that's not me. Preferably not an ally, either.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:04:23 am by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 13, 2010, 01:41:15 am »

Healing mists+Rain=Healing Rain...?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:37 am »

Combine restoration magic with light magic to create Healing Light!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 13, 2010, 06:45:29 pm »

Quote from: iceball3
Appear!
Quote from: Dwarmin
Appear!

Huh. Who'd have thought there would be another reptilian humanoid wandering around the tainted wasteland? I mean, it's likely nobody expected you out here either, but you've got a good excuse!

You know there's a human settlement to the south, and you've heard strange sounds echoing from further north. Now what?

Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 13, 2010, 08:08:24 pm »

I've got an explanation! I sought out the Archmage Sosus and, after hearing my story, he scryed me the general location of the mages he sent and ordered me to help them. This saves me a trip running to Earthhaven and back...

I investigate the source of the noises to the North

If I get my one question...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70