Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91108 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 29: Roaring Monolith Collapsing, Par For Course]
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2010, 04:19:33 pm »

I was trying to see if the statuette was dedicated to a god, yes, but I was expecting on a 5-5 luck roll to, you know, get some god's great gift or something. I mean, sure, knowing the world could be considered a "great gift", but it's far from being a 5-5 worth, as it's kind of useless to me. I'd consider it to be something like a 4-4/5 roll, a 5-4/3 roll or something similar, but not a 5-5.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:34:45 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2010, 04:32:41 pm »

Well, it was a 5-5 with no modifiers and based on essentially a token sacrifice. If you wanted to get handed a holy weapon, it'd probably have imposed a penalty on the roll and/or required a greater sacrifice. You got three potential "quests" and a vague overview of the troubles in the north from a skill you don't have any modifier in- that's pretty good, all things considered.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2010, 04:33:48 pm »

I'll just assume that having a sumon provides a -1 to all my magic, cause that's what it seems, clarify this if I am wrong

Dismiss the air elemental, call an earth maker

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2010, 05:09:12 pm »

Just on summoning magic, but yes, you take a -1 for each summoned creature under your control. Particularly weak creatures might only add a fractional penalty, and extremely strong ones might impose more, but only for fairly large exceptions.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2010, 07:19:27 pm »

Since nothing seems to be going right, sit down and begin meditating in an attempt to purge any negative influences from me.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 19, 2010, 02:02:50 pm »

Cure Moderate Wounds on HmH
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 20, 2010, 08:37:44 pm »

Turn 30: Some Runes Are Better Than Others

Quote from: Paranatural
I raise stone pillars to support the monolith from collapsing.
[5][Luck 4] You raise six near-perfect pillars of impressive size, propping up the monolith from within. It still cracks and shifts slightly, obviously not much of a single structure anymore, but until it disintegrates into small enough pieces, the pillars will hold it in place.
+4 Earth
New Spell: Monolith Pillars

Quote from: HmH
Take off my robe, tell Ochita to carve/sew/paint a Rune of Weeping Water on it(and do so RIGHT NOW), set the abomination on fire.
[2+1][Luck 1] You dash around to the side of the monolith with writhing vines beginning to burst forth, and attempt to set them on fire. The meager resulting explosions help slough away rock on that side, giving you a clearer shot but also somewhat freeing it.

Quote from: Ochita
Do that and attempt to condense the healing mists into water that we can bottle, try to make it permanent.
Rune [4+1][Luck 3], Water [4+1][Luck 4]. You imbue a rune on the robe, using a combination of scratching the surface and applying your pencil. The result is a little on the scruffy side, but it keeps the robe moist to the point of being saturated at all times.
+4 Runecrafting
HmH's Dark Grey Robe transformed to Dark Grey Robe of Weeping Water

Quote from: Flagrarus
Carve a Rune of Plant's Command into the abomination, forcing it to obey me ( I hope  :-\ )
Plant [5-1][Luck 6], Rune [2-2][Luck 2] You thrash around, trying to carve a rune into the plant, but somehow manage to imbue the energy into your own wounds. You feel your limbs begin moving with the plant's thrashing, and realize you're under its sway now.
+4 Plant
New Rune: Rune of Plant's Puppet
Now being controlled by the plant monster. Pray it doesn't figure out how to make you cast.

Quote from: Tarran
Once again, get back to the group.
[6][Luck 2] You charge back to the direction of the group, only to be tackled from the side by a demon. Rising to your feet, you see that there's three of them. One talks in a powerful voice that doesn't seem like its own: "You are far from hope, mortal. Join us and gain power and wealth. Oppose us and rot in the sun." Since when were these things so damn chatty?
+1 Ranger

Quote from: wolfchild
Dismiss the air elemental, call an earth maker
[3][Luck 2] The air elemental promptly ignores your insistence that it vanish, and your attempts to banish it fail.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Since nothing seems to be going right, sit down and begin meditating in an attempt to purge any negative influences from me.
[4][Luck 2] You sit and meditate, but the collapsing monolith, roaring atrocity, and various spellcasting makes it hard to calm yourself completely. Maybe you're at least chewing up all your bad luck...?
+1 Meditation

Quote from: Frelock
Cure Moderate Wounds on HmH
[2+1][Luck 4] Your channeling is a bit subpar, but it seems to heal him well enough.
+3 Restoration
Nathan receives light healing, now Lightly Wounded.

Quote from: Abomination
ROOOOAAAAAARRRRR!
[2][Luck 4] The abomination tries to escape, but can't push all the way through the stone. [6][Luck 1] Its second try pushes it all the way through and collapses half the monolith, smashing parts of itself with rubble. [2] vs [5] It seems relatively unharmed, however, and continues to act. [3+2] vs [4]. The abomination lashes out at the first target it sees, Nathan. Its spinning, razor-sharp pod blades barely wound him, however.
Nathan takes minor damage, still lightly wounded.

The roaring plant monster has burst from the monolith, which is now only half there, with the other half slowly collapsing as well. It's around twenty or thirty feet tall and consists of lashing vines and slashing seed pod wings.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)

I'll just break maxicaxi's actions out into mini-turns, seeing as they won't be relevant to everyone else for a while.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:45:10 pm by IronyOwl »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 30: Some Runes Are Better Than Others]
« Reply #337 on: August 20, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »

Flip a gold coin in the air and pretend to look at it, if the demons look at it, slice open all three of their necks. Otherwise if they don't look at it, just stab the one that's talking in the head.

Also, am I supposed to still be inside Immin's shrine?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 20, 2010, 08:46:16 pm »

*ahem*, you see Immin's shrine is everywhere there's warmth and knowledge, and uh look over there.

But really, I thought I fixed that. :-\

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

Draw water from around the area and form ice needles, then drive all those needles into that plant monster. Also give Hmh his robe back.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 20, 2010, 09:59:59 pm »

Zap the plant monster with lightning
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 20, 2010, 10:29:05 pm »

It may control my body, but it doesn't control...my mind!

...Damnit, that mind element would've come in handy right now. Oh well.
Have a battle of wills with the abomination, trying to get control over its body instead of the other way around.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2010, 12:06:59 am »

Summon a fire elemental IN the wind one and have it attack the plant, dismis the wyvern for now 1st
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2010, 12:46:08 am »

Seriously, we're the most inept fuckers in the world.

Banish my Monolith and Pillars back to where the came from. Have them retract back into the earth.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 21, 2010, 12:48:43 am »

Fire laser at the plant from fingertips.

Shooting lasers from my eyes seems cool, but lasers from my fingertips just seems so much more wizard-like.  Not to mention that with most lasers, you can't see the path, so the real effect should just be the spontaneous combustion of the plant.  I point, it bursts into flames.  Awesomeness.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70