Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91098 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 26: The Destruction Mage Injures Himself. Again.]
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2010, 11:04:45 am »

Sargoth pretends to consider the offer for a moment, then steps forward, casting a spell that turns his fist to stone, and pummels the puppet demon's face with it, "Not interested."
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 26: The Destruction Mage Injures Himself. Again.]
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2010, 07:46:01 pm »

Turn 27: Elven Dance of Seduction

Quote from: Tarran
Sacrifice my sunstone gem to Immin.
[1][Luck 3] You figure breaking the sunstone is the proper way to sacrifice it, and so bash the statue with the hilt of your sword. Uh... you're really more accustomed to fighting with the opposite end. No obvious sign of divine wrath manifests, and you've still got your sunstone.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Reverse-energize the demon. When he is weakened by this, break his grip on my throat.
[5-1][Luck 4] You properly suck the life out of the demon, but... the spell slips right off it. Does it not have any life to suck out?
+3 Plant
New Spell: Root Draw

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Forgoing magic, dance furiously in an attempt to create rain. May or may not involve divinities or some kind of spirit.
[1-2][Luck 6] Your Elven Dance of Seduction amazes the humans. Er, it's not raining though. Oops.
+1 Dancer

Quote from: wolfchild
Skip the intermediatery, look back over what i have seen of earth magic and attempt to free my comrades from the monolith myself
[4-2][Luck 4] You fail to properly mold the solid rock away as you intended. At least nothing goes wrong.
+1 Earth Magic

Quote from: Frelock
Well...cure light wounds on myself.
[4+2][Luck 2] You overchannel the spell, but it lacks focus and accomplishes little.
Receive minor healing. Still lightly injured.
Recover from blindness.

Quote from: HmH
I get out of rocks and try to cast Dispel on demon.
[2] You strain uselessly against the rocks pinning you, but it hurts to put too much pressure against them. [5][Luck 4] You fire off a superb minor dispel against the rock you figure the demon is behind, but it just dissipates. Oh well.
+3 Enchanting
New Spell: Minor Dispel

Quote from: Paranatural
Sargoth pretends to consider the offer for a moment, then steps forward, casting a spell that turns his fist to stone, and pummels the puppet demon's face with it, "Not interested."
[1+2][Luck 3] You encase your fist in stone, but the swing merely clips the demon's head, possibly owing to not being able to see it.
+2 Earth
Demon lightly injured.

Quote from: Ochita's Evil Twin
Ochita casts Healing Mists.
[4][Luck 3] Ochita successfully creates healing mists, though they don't quite reach as much of Nathan as intended.
+3 Water
All nearby allies not within monolith receive light healing. Most now Healthy.

Quote from: Demon
Strangle!
"Poor choice, mortal. Your bones shall adorn the earth as your blood turns to ash. Taste true suffering if you dare."
It continues trying to strangle Flagro as it speaks. [2] vs [4] If it didn't have claws Flagro would likely have turned the tables by now. For having such a commanding voice this thing isn't very good at close combat.

Quote from: maxicaxi
I tell everything i know on those subjects
You recount every detail you can think of. After a moment of silence, the booming voice grunts in grudging approval. The other voice gives a brief, chittering laugh.

"VERY WELL, SEA SPINE. YOU MAY HAVE YOUR PET, FOR NOW."

The hum devolves into more erratic cracking, and soon dissipates altogether. The chittering laughter returns for a moment, and the lid to your box is pried off. You can't see what's talking yet, but there doesn't seem to be anything stopping you from acting normally- in fact, the necromancy inhibitions are gone. Far above you there's what looks like a cavern ceiling, and the faint reflections water makes dance across it.

"Now, mortal, you will swear service to Hassinto!"

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)

You can join iceball3, but Diakron is first in line, if he wants to play. Your character also won't have most of those items or spells, at least at first. Beginning inventory is rather limited, as are starting known spells.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:24:20 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 27: Elven Dance of Seduction]
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2010, 07:55:02 pm »

Oops.

Give Immin a brief apology, then leave the cave and try to see if the statuette really is to a warrior god, or if it's just a regular decoration statuette.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2010, 07:56:21 pm »

You forgot to add my water Xp and what about that good rune a 6 and a 4 must give some expericance and I managed to get internet access now so auto me after this turn.

I use the ice to encase my hand in it, ending with a spike, then I target the nearest demon.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2010, 08:00:17 pm »

Summon an eath maker, and observe as it dissasembles the monolith
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 16, 2010, 08:09:08 pm »

Right you are about the water experience. Runecrafting is more difficult than normal magic, and the 6 and 4 were paired with a 2 and 3. I will give you 1 Water Magic experience for the 4/Luck 3 roll, though.

Right now there aren't any demons except the one behind the stone walls.

By the way, do you have any preferences for how you're auto'd?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2010, 08:19:51 pm »

[IF IN BATTLE- FAR] Use water magic to deal damage and to buff up
[IF IN BATTLE- ALLY WOUNDED] Use healing mists if there is more than one but otherwise use cure minor wounds
[AFTER BATTLE] Heal then loot the bodys, check for anything useful
[MOVING] Try to increase skill with runes and sword

Ochita decides to try to use water to speed up eroding of the monolif to make a stone bowl (freeze water to crack the stone to make the rough shape, then use fast flowing water to smooth the bowl and give it a flat base.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 16, 2010, 09:50:22 pm »

Dabbling takes the same amount of EXP to level up as Novice does? Huh.

Refine my Elvish Dance of Seduction into an Elvish Dance of Slaying that I can use in battle.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2010, 04:39:51 am »

I speak an oath of loyalty and ask my new master how I shall serve
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2010, 06:02:07 am »

I try to escape again. If I fail this time, too, I cast Shrapnel Shatter on the stones until I can get out.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 17, 2010, 08:39:21 am »

Move forward and grapple with the demon, grabbing it and breaking off any part of it's body I can with my stone fist.

These things are hollow, guys, just break the damn thing.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 17, 2010, 09:13:58 am »

Try invisibility again.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2010, 01:43:54 pm »

Hit the demon over the head with my bamboo staff.

If the demon is already dead...grow a tree through it's body ( just to make sure :) )
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2010, 03:06:13 pm »

Turn 28: Slutty Elf And A New Master

Quote from: Tarran
Give Immin a brief apology, then leave the cave and try to see if the statuette really is to a warrior god, or if it's just a regular decoration statuette.
[5][Luck 4] You utter a brief but astute apology, and it almost seems like the light grows warmer for a moment. Once outside, you inspect that statuette. [3][Luck 2] It's obviously meant to be someone important, but you have no idea how to tell whether it's a god, mighty mortal, or the fond wish of a fat king.

Quote from: wolfchild
Summon an eath maker, and observe as it dissasembles the monolith
[2-1][Luck 4] You fail to summon an earth maker, instead conjuring a whirling, laughing wind elemental who seems to think it's funny to blow wind in your face. It utterly ignores your commands, but seems intent on being annoying rather than harmful.
+2 Conjuration
Update: Summon Earthmaker is now a staggered conjuration/earth spell. Counted as normal Conjuration spell this turn.

Quote from: Ochita
Ochita decides to try to use water to speed up eroding of the monolif to make a stone bowl (freeze water to crack the stone to make the rough shape, then use fast flowing water to smooth the bowl and give it a flat base.)
[6][Luck 2] You manage to crack off several large rocks by freezing it, but they splinter outwards and you narrowly avoid being hit. The monolith also lets out a few cracking noises.
+2 Water

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Refine my Elvish Dance of Seduction into an Elvish Dance of Slaying that I can use in battle.
[4][Luck 1] You refine your Elvish Dance of Seduction into... a rather Slutty Elvish Dance of Seduction. At least you can seduce a wider range now...?
+2 Dancing

Quote from: HmH
I try to escape again. If I fail this time, too, I cast Shrapnel Shatter on the stones until I can get out.
[2] You fail to pry yourself out of the stones. Blowing things up will solve this. [5+2][Luck 4] You annihilate the pile of rocks pinning you, lacerating your legs only slightly.
+3 Destruction
Take light damage, still Moderately Wounded.
Freed from rocks.

Quote from: Paranatural
Move forward and grapple with the demon, grabbing it and breaking off any part of it's body I can with my stone fist.
[2] vs [5] The demon responds to your attempts to grab it by grabbing you as well. This isn't looking good.

Quote from: Frelock
Try invisibility again.
[3][Luck 2] You only manage to channel a slight amount of power, and it doesn't really take. You remain visible.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Hit the demon over the head with my bamboo staff.
[1] vs [1] You ineptly flail at the demon as it ineptly tries to strangle you. Nobody wins.

Quote from: Demon
Foolish hard-to-strangle fools!
"I tire of this game. Come further, if you dare." [?] The demon shoves both Sargoth and Flagro back, then slides straight down, effortlessly passing through the earth. What the...?

Quote from: maxicaxi
I speak an oath of loyalty and ask my new master how I shall serve
"With necromancy, of course."

With that, a wave of water picks up the box, carries it a fair ways, and dumps you out onto a patch of rock. Most of the cavern appears to be flooded, but scattered pieces of dry land poke up here and there. The water looks clear in some places, looking perhaps knee or thigh deep, but is murky or strangely colored in others.

Before you, several bloated corpses float in the water. Most appear human, but the closer you look, the further the bodies go. There... might be a fair number of creatures in here, likely including animals and numerous varieties of human. All are bloated from floating in the water, but some moreso than others.

"Raise yourself a servant, servant. There is much work to be done."

Turning to look at what has been speaking, you finally see your new master. It's a difficult sight to describe.

(Master appearance PM'd to maxicaxi for suspense. You want to see what he's in league with now, you'll have to go see it yourselves.:P)

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)

Regarding Dabbling/Novice, I wanted becoming skilled at something new to be difficult. This is especially true for spells, since it's a lot easier to kill yourself with a 0 than a 1. Becoming better at something you can already do didn't seem like it needed to be harder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 28: Slutty Elf And A New Master]
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2010, 03:11:13 pm »

Lay down the statuette somewhere, then offer a single gold coin to whoever the statuette represents.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70