Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91096 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 25: Gee Maybe Your Friends Did That]
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2010, 02:06:28 pm »

Only one demon's still alive, and he's in the monolith.

And yeah, maxicaxi doesn't technically know all that, but it's a good euphemism for "every bit of detail I can think of" :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2010, 05:35:10 pm »

Alright.

Experiment with ways to create my own storms for lightning use, and possibly introduce myself to these other demon-fighting people.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2010, 07:28:54 pm »

Turn 26: The Destruction Mage Injures Himself. Again.

Quote from: Tarran
Once again, this time with more effort, search for a warrior god temple/altar.
[1][Luck 4] You take your leave of the group, determined to complete this pilgrimage. You search every stone and crevice you can find, looking for some sort of monument to a warrior deity. At long last, you duck inside a small cave, crawl to the end, and stand up in the far chamber, seeing a yellowish statue resting upon a pedestal, illuminated by a crack in the walls. You recognize this as some sort of shrine, and creep forward to inspect the base of the god's altar...

"Immin, God of Agriculture and Knowledge"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
+1 Ranger

Quote from: Frelock
Use light magic to shoot lasers from my fingertips.
[3][Luck 1] Your attempts at shooting lasers only succeed in blasting yourself in the face with a mild amount of ultrabright light. You'll probably be not blind any minute now.
+2 Light Magic
Temporarily Blinded, chance to remove each turn.

Quote from: HmH
I use Dissipation to cut a human-sized hole in the monolith.
[6+2][Luck 1] You channel raw power into the monolith, cracking the wall asunder like cheap masonry during an earthquake. In fact, it rather quickly occurs to you that not a whole lot of it's actually dissipating, but rather just cracking and collapsing. On you. [6] vs [4] You are pounded by a shower of not too big rocks, and cough as the dust settles. You're a bit trapped, quite battered, and you think you hear the monolith cracking occasionally, though it doesn't sound like it'll collapse again anytime soon.
+3 Destruction
Heavy damage taken, now Heavily Wounded.
Must roll to escape rocks, others may help.

Quote from: Paranatural
I'll try my hand a liht magic, and make the stone monolith's  walls glow with dull, green light.
[5-1][Luck 1] You manage to get the walls to glow dull green in just the right way that they don't actually illuminate anything. Light magic sucks.
+1 Light Magic

Quote from: wolfchild
I will have the Wyvern continue attacking, then call an earth maker to help free people from the monolith, instruct it to keep the demon contained
[3-1][Luck 4] The wyvern is uninterested in bashing a rock mesa over and over for you, and snorts in derision. It lands on top of the monolith, looking around. [4-1][Luck 2] You fail to properly bring forth an earthmaker, unable to channel the correct energies.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Stab the demon in it's back with a bamboo shoot suddenly growing from the ground, while answering:
"All I seek...is to end you."
[3][Luck 2] You toss the bamboo seeds behind the demon, but they grow only a little, and do nothing to harm the demon. Your witty remark seems a bit flat without the accompanying stabbiness.

Quote from: Thorontur
Experiment with ways to create my own storms for lightning use, and possibly introduce myself to these other demon-fighting people.
[3-1][Luck 5] You fail to produce rainstorms, but find you can somewhat manipulate the ones already there. Curious.
+2 Lightning
New Spell: Herd Thunderstorm

Quote from: Ochita's Evil Twin
Carve a Rune of Water's Flow on the monolith.
Rune [6][Luck 2], Water [4][Luck 3]. Ochita manages to carve a fairly deep and elaborate rune on the monolith, but affecting a large amount of substance is harder than handheld items, and it fails to take properly. The water magic is adequate but not spectacular, but with nothing to hold it in it fails.

Quote from: maxicaxi
this is what i know:
(everything)

as for what I want.... power is nice.
You tell them everything you know- Seymore the summoner, Nathan the destruction mage, Sargoth the earth mage and light alchemist, Ochita the water mage and runecrafter, Fre the traveling healer and light mage, and Tarran the brooding swordsman. The far more powerful voice from before returns with chittering laughter, and you're left with little doubt that it's something mighty and utterly inhuman.

Quote from: Demon
You there!
The demon turns to face Sargoth, though he can't see it and Flagro can tell only from hearing it move. Its voice sounds more guttural and powerful than before, certainly moreso than you'd expect from a demon like this. "Your power is great, earth mage. Leave this weedling wretch and embrace true power."
It starts strangling Flagro as it talks. [1] vs [2] It's bad at it.

Meanwhile...

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 26: The Destruction Mage Injures Himself. Again.]
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2010, 07:36:23 pm »

Well, not the kind of god I was hoping for, still, I'm a nice guy, might as well pay homage to Immin. The only way I can.

Sacrifice my sunstone gem to Immin.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2010, 07:41:05 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't quite work if he's not dead. I should remedy that.

Reverse-energize the demon. When he is weakened by this, break his grip on my throat.

I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2010, 07:47:36 pm »

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2010, 08:17:29 pm »

I feel like an idiot. :P

Thanks for telling me, I likely would have never found out myself...

Anyway, I'm still going to pay homage to Immin before I try the warrior god. Because I'm a nice guy.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2010, 09:09:11 pm »

Hmm... Time to try something different.

Forgoing magic, dance furiously in an attempt to create rain. May or may not involve divinities or some kind of spirit.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2010, 09:47:53 pm »

are you still accepting players? I wantz in :D
Back to Mafia with me!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »

Not sure if I'm accepting active players or not, but there's always room on the waiting list.

Which should start emptying itself rather faster any day now. They've scarcely had any real encounters yet. :-\

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2010, 11:30:17 pm »

i'd like to join when i can.
can i? please?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 16, 2010, 12:17:46 am »

Skip the intermediatery, look back over what i have seen of earth magic and attempt to free my comrades from the monolith myself
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 2: Unexpected Benefits]
« Reply #297 on: August 16, 2010, 12:24:06 am »

I tell everything i know on those subjects
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2010, 01:35:20 am »

Well...cure light wounds on myself.  I'm starting to sound repetitious, but gosh darn it I can't seem to succeed at anything.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2010, 03:33:12 am »

I get out of rocks and try to cast Dispel on demon.
Ochita casts Healing Mists. Demon is healthy anyway, so it won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:38:04 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70