Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Person of Wizardry  (Read 13116 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Person of Wizardry
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2010, 09:54:19 am »

Eat the horse meat, we need to save our money. Give Evan a dagger, and set out for the city. If any food is in season, go through the farmer's fields 'liberating' it. Else, we should stick to the roads.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 11:42:33 am »

Eat the horse meat, we need to save our money. Give Evan a dagger, and set out for the city. If any food is in season, go through the farmer's fields 'liberating' it. Else, we should stick to the roads.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2010, 07:29:25 pm »

These bandits don't seem very efficient, they(or their our possessions), might be recognised, I suggest avoiding the major roads until we get out of this area...

You should camp here for now, the odds of someone finding this place the one night we spend here are remote, and the bandit might track us. Setting wards upon our quarters would be a necessary precaution. It may also be wise to remove the immediate threat and be rid of the uncooperative one...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2010, 06:51:43 am »

Get a drink from upstream, eat their food instead of our own. Inquire about this "Fargol".

Check the possessions again for any of the following:
-Cups/jars/waterskins
-Candles/lanterns
-Rope/string
-Nails/tacks
-Paper/parchment

Take the tarp as well, if we can talk the bandit into it. All of this will be good to enchant as follows:
-Cup/jar/waterskin that refills itself with water
-Candle/lantern that don't go out
-Candle/lantern that shed darkness instead of light
-Rope/string that ties and unties itself with magic
-Nails/tacks that act like animated caltrops
-Paper/parchment that only the intended reader(s) can read

You'll also want some more branches, for assorted magic wands.

Take the wagon. You are above walking like a common peasant.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2010, 07:22:39 am »

Bear in mind that we only have enchantment, elementalism, and sorcery to work with. Permanent fire shouldn't be too hard, water might count as an element, but I could see it going to one of the other magics, it would be interesting if we can do anti-fire, but sorcery has a shot at a negating effect... The rest of the effects would mostly hope that you can muster them with enchantment alone, but sorcery isn't really that well explained.

But we need to enchant our sleeping arrangements first, and we need some sort of ward on our robes to protect against hostile magics, we cannot allow ourselves to ever let it seem as though our powers were bested...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2010, 09:22:01 am »

what more exactly is sorcery anyway?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:22 am »

Sorcery is the study of the greater picture of what magic actually is. Sorcerers usually win in magic duels due to their superiority at counter-spelling. They also have the ability to unleash spells of raw magic for simple tasks, such as attacking, but they cannot accomplish nearly as much as a wizard with a more specialized school.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:48 am »

That sounds like it'd also be the school to contain things like having multiple spells interact in complex ways and so on?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2010, 10:53:06 am »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2010, 08:03:38 pm »

Searching again through the pilfered rubbish, I found a small clay cup, 11 meters of barely servicable rope, and a handful of nails. Evan was, naturally, delighted to carry the rope for me. I quenched my thirst on the tepid water upstream, ate some abominably undercooked horse flesh, and continued traveling. As navigation is a waste of my talents, I had Evan lead the way south, following the road. Harvest time approaches, and trekking through fields of wheat is undesirable.

With no further distractions, I enchanted the nails so that, when dropped, their acuminous ends would be directed towards the opposite of the surface they landed upon. A most useful idea, and one that shall enable me to shake off pursuers, should it come to such for some inscrutable reason.

The full moon is approaches its zenith, and Evan has started to complain of sleep deprivation. I find I enjoy walking at night, after the heat of day subsides, and the canine howls are soothing. Should we sleep here, or continue traveling through the night?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bandit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:05:31 pm by Nirur Torir »

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2010, 08:48:52 pm »

Rest here. If using magic takes stamina, then just go to sleep. Otherwise, create another coin or two before going to bed.

Alternatively, create a magic alarm system sort of thing, that will wake us up if someone or something approaches.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2010, 09:04:37 pm »

Sleep in a ring of homicidal lightning-wheat.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2010, 09:33:33 pm »

Graaaawr you people need to give me a heads up when you're starting these! I keep finding them too late to influence character creation!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2010, 10:53:40 am »

Continue onwards untill the moon is precisely at the zenith. Stop immediately and make camp wherever you are when that happens. Do not continue onwards until dawn. Have your stick ready for when the werewolves show up.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2010, 03:42:50 pm »

Graaaawr you people need to give me a heads up when you're starting these! I keep finding them too late to influence character creation!
('Kay.)

We stopped by the side of the road for the night. I moved some leaves into a pile, and proceeded to enchant them to form a soft, yet firm place for me to sleep. We awoke early, and shared a meal of fruit: An exotic variety from far off lands no doubt, with succulent juices and a delicate flavor. The day was uneventful, but I learned more about the Federation and the surrounding area from Evan:

The Federation is a group of six main cities, which each govern the surrounding towns and villages as they see fit. Each is ruled by a council of five corrupt members, and each has an elected official meet in the capital of Anchorage to determine the way in which the Federation is ruled. We currently head towards Riverside, which gets its name from the river which flows from the Daggerspire Mountains, downstream towards Anchorage in the west. From there, Anchorage dominates the Western Seas with its fleet of warships.

The Daggerspire Mountains are nearly impassible, allowing Riverside relative peace and prosperity. North of the Federation lies barbaric orcs, which have frequently raided and attacked the Federation since its inception over five hundred years ago. East lies the Mavara desert, where uncivilized nomads roam. Towards the south, the Elven nation of Ilririn studies savage magic to attune itself with nature. An uneasy peace exists between The Federation and Ilririn, broken only by an occasional skirmish.

Another peaceful night, and another day of walking. The peace was advantageous to my reserves of money. It is nearly evening, and we approach Riverside. What should I seek to accomplish in the city?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bandit (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9