Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Person of Wizardry  (Read 13099 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Person of Wizardry
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2010, 09:09:52 pm »

I reckon those orcs would make lovely minions, when tamed and taught right. They aren't all stupid, and surely some will be capable. We may even learn something from them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2010, 10:24:37 am »

On the evening of my arrival, I visited the marketplace. Some merchants were already packing up their wares, while townspeople scurried around. I queried a few merchants, and most of the smaller goods I was asked to buy cost between five and ten coins each. A wagon would cost around one hundred coins, but both the wagon and boat would be poor investments -- Do not forget that I am an arcane practitioner of great power, fully capable of enchanting wood to stay in most any shape I want. I also learned of the location of a wizard's tower half a day's walk from the town, and the location of the town's wizard's guild. Wizards tend to be idiots in groups, and demand strange things of potential members. It may or may not be worth the hassle of joining.

Further questioning lead me to a boarding house. The strong-willed owner insisted on being addressed as Ms. Roberts, and expects three coins per day. The room is clean, comfortable, and the cost includes a large dinner every day, as well as a simple breakfast. She seemed to hate Evan for some reason, and is rightfully frightened of my power, so Evan found lodgings in a dilapidated inn a few streets over for one coin per day.

I spent the next day in my room, contemplating elemental magic. I was bothered a few times, first by Roberts' cleaning and babbling on about the importance of having a job, and then by Evan, with Roberts glaring at us. I told him to find out more about the city. The day was mostly quiet, allowing me to further refine my skill. I slept soundly, and awoke as the sun rose.

Elementalism levels up!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bandit (click to show/hide)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 10:29:00 am »

Join the wizard's guild. It may be a hassle, but their resources will aid us in growing more powerful. Once we are ready we can simply betray them and take the guild for ourselves.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 11:29:02 am »

Join the wizard's guild. It may be a hassle, but their resources will aid us in growing more powerful. Once we are ready we can simply betray them and take the guild for ourselves.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2010, 12:19:11 pm »

No, don't bother with a guild.
Check if setting up shop in some way to sell enchanted trinkets would be a) legal and b) more profitable than simply making coins, or at least equally profitable and a better learning experience.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2010, 12:22:41 pm »

No, don't bother with a guild.
Check if setting up shop in some way to sell enchanted trinkets would be a) legal and b) more profitable than simply making coins, or at least equally profitable and a better learning experience.
Our awesome magics are not to be squandered on the creation of meaningless trinkets and children's toys!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 12:41:16 pm »

Yeah!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2010, 04:52:46 pm »

You don't need their pathetic guild. By the time they have the sense to beg you to join you will already be too powerful yo waste your efforts on them.

You will want to practise your craft, and if these peasants value the artefacts of your early efforts, then there is little harm in making a profit from them. And one day they will get to point it out to their children and proudly state that they possess an artefact of the greatest of all mages!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2010, 05:55:57 pm »

We should look into the guild. At the very least, it may give us access to exclusive merchants and rare books.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »

Case the mage's guild.

Rob it later on, taking their money for yourself.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2010, 09:48:08 pm »

After a bland breakfast of oatmeal, I decided that I should investigate the mage's guild. I primarily wanted to study their books. I left Roberts' house and people naturally left my path as I strode towards the guild, shoving away those too slow to vacate my trail unaided.

I soon arrived at my destination: A dilapidated building. Seeking knowledge of where the actual mage's guild was, I entered and was immediately accosted by an ancient fool. He welcomed me to the mage's guild of Riverside. I scanned the walls as he babbled on about the history of the place and, of all things, astrology, noting only a single book of magic. Unfortunately it was an introductory book on sorcery. There were a few books on astrology and fortune telling, useless tools for tricking the ignorant. My patience wearing thin, I ignored the old man and vacated the premise. Rapidly.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bandit (click to show/hide)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2010, 09:51:52 pm »

Show these pathetic imposters(mostly) what real magic is. Take over the guild, no one here will be able to stop you.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2010, 10:24:54 pm »

While clearly pathetic, a touch of caution about that character would be wise. You should attempt to use sorcerous means to divine the magical potence of this place. Although seeing how easy it is to conquer I must agree that this would make suitable lodging once the pests have been dealt with...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2010, 11:12:54 pm »

Astrology and fortune telling don't have anything to do with Divination, do they?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2010, 02:28:36 am »

fools..... destroy them all with storms of flame!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9