Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Undead Army V1  (Read 2851 times)

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Undead Army V1
« on: July 11, 2010, 03:53:51 pm »

Heres my undead as they currently exist.  There are three castes...

Skeletons - Roughly the same as humans minus organs and blood.  Pretty much have to be killed by cumulative damage.

Zombies - Slow but with two syndromes... a plague cloud that is a minor annoyance at best, and a deadly bite.

Ghouls - Rarer than Skeletons and Zombies.  They're faster than their cousins and their scratches are something to be feared.  Just one scratch will knock a Dwarf unconsious, likely to be torn apart while unable to defend himself.

Body Parts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creature

Entity
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:57:01 am by TheSummoner »

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nonstandard Bodies
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:03:28 pm »

To slow down zombies just use the [SPEED:x] tag and replace the x with a number (Higher is slower)

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 04:06:14 pm »

Mkay, whats the baseline for a creature's speed?  What is the speed of a creature without that tag?

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 04:28:26 pm »

I'm fairly certain that it's [SPEED:900], but that might only be for 40d, or I may be hallucinating.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:22:39 pm »

After a bit more playing around with it, I have something workable.

Trying to get syndromes to work, please check the first post for details.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:17:05 pm by TheSummoner »

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Army (WIP) - Need Syndrome Help
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 09:35:22 am »

I thought you made a playable civ.  I made an undead civ for 40d but with no workshops and creature reactions it felt wrong having the undead migrate and give birth.

can you give the zombies a bite syndrome that causes insanity and beserk, like the rage virus?  or make a cast of zombies like the rage zombies  :o

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 09:48:50 am »

If you could somehow make the zombies drop or spawn vermin, the vermin could inject the poison.  Just name the vermin "plague cloud" or something like that to imply it is a cloud of poison rather than a creature.  Or name the vermin as a creature just because a zombie that dropped zombie poison rats might be neat.  Not sure if creatures creating vermin is possible though.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 09:59:05 am »

As for the 'the gas is gone' messages you get, you can make the tissue type feathers to prevent it from being hit. It will still show up when the creature is burned though.

Also note that you dont need a tissue in the first place for a creature to spew a certain material.

Rage/zombification/etc syndromes have been discussed earlier, they arnt possible with the current system.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Army V1
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:14 am »

Eh, I've redone the syndrome and it doesnt give the "gas is gone" message anymore.  They still only spew the stuff while in combat, but thats ok I guess.

Anyways, I've got something presentable.  If you want to use them, everything you need is in the first post.  I've tested these in the arena and they seem to work fine... still working on testing them in fortress mode though.

Note that they're currently only set to siege in autumn and winter... this is because I've got several other modded in siege races, and having all of them coming every month would be impossible.  Feel free to add spring and summer if you use them.

If you see any problems or have any suggestions, let me know.

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 11:38:53 am »

Rage/zombification/etc syndromes have been discussed earlier, they arnt possible with the current system.

We don't need the zombie virus to spread.  What I meant was fast zombies/runners.  zombies you dwarfs can stroll arround aren't that scary, but have that zombie run at full tilt towards that poor fisherdwarf and we have achieved FUN
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:45:59 am by goge »

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 01:49:34 pm »

zombies you dwarfs can stroll arround aren't that scary, but have that zombie run at full tilt towards that poor fisherdwarf and we have achieved FUN
Unless you were to create unsurvivably large hordes of 'em, and have a true Romero-style fortress. Bonus points for making the fortress, abandoning it, and then "reclaiming" it when a band of 7 survivors locks themselves in from the zombie apocalypse.

Actually, don't do that, because now I want to.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 02:11:32 pm »

why is it that no matter how many times i generate a new world... zombies are the only things living!!! i cant go on a adventure mode cause no human civs exist

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 02:16:28 pm »

why is it that no matter how many times i generate a new world... zombies are the only things living!!! i cant go on a adventure mode cause no human civs exist

Zombies aren't living.

Also, they ate everything else.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »

well how do i remedy this

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 05:27:12 pm »

Gen the world for less than the full 1050 years.  I've generally only go 20-50 and have yet to have to worry about extinction in that time frame.
Pages: [1] 2