Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Murder Mansion  (Read 1918 times)

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Murder Mansion
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:58:29 pm »

Another wonderful BYOND game that sadly doesn't get the popularity it deserves (At least in my opinion).

Link

Its available to play single-player, but the AI leaves something to be desired (At least in Classic mode. Other modes have pretty good AI). Also, you can choose from multiple maps if you started the round (Choices are: Mansion, Abandoned Camp, Cruise Ship, Hospital, and Cluedo Mansion). The rounds are:

Classic: One of the players is a murderer (This can be one of the AI players.) and the other guests have to find out who it is. After observing clues found on weapons, bodies, and other characters you can go to one of the phones scattered around the map and make your accusation. Beware though, wrong accusations get you disqualified (killed), and the killer can shut off the phones if he finds the right button.

DeathMatch: You're stuck in a mansion with up to 13 other people who want you dead. So you've got to make them dead first. Simple enough, really.

Clue: Functions almost exactly like the board game. You start with a list of evidence (Who: A list of people in the mansion with you. What: A list of all possible murder weapons. Where: A list of all possible locations.). A murder has occurred, and it's your job to deduce who the killer is. In the map are 9 rooms with green tick tiles in them. Stand on these to make Suggestions. Suggestions are when you suggest a Who, What and a Where out of the evidence you have (Some of your evidence is already struck through, this is information that you KNOW to be false). After a suggestion, usually another character will disprove part of it. So you can strike that part off your evidence book. If another character doesn't disprove any part of it, go to a phone and make your accusation.

Escape: There is a vehicle on the map. You need to find keys, fuel and a spare part to fix it and escape. The parts are scattered through the map and the phones can give you a list of all possible locations. Like in Clue, there are red tick tiles on the floor in the specified rooms that you must stand on to check for items. Only three of the tiles will work, however, and you need to find the right ones before everyone else. If you get to a tile that did have one of the three items on it but someone beat you there, fibers and hair strands will be left behind so that you can find that person and ask them nicely to hand the item over beat them to death and take the item for yourself.

NonViolent: Good if you're on single-player and want to explore the map. I suppose on multiplayer it could be used as a Roleplay thing, but so could the other rounds.

Since its one of the core concepts, the creator's been sure to implement lots of weapons for murdering, and he's also given a few of them some other, clever uses (E.g. crowbars can be used to lift trapdoors which link to lots of other rooms, and axes can be used on firewood which can then be used on fireplaces.). There are 'sound indicators', white pulses that show up on screen when your character can hear a noise (Footsteps, a scream, a clock chiming, a door opening, etc.) which show the direction the noise is coming from (If its close by, the indicator will show up on the center of the screen).

The game is sort of RP-oriented. In multiplayer the players should interact and get to know each other before the killings start, and it adds a lot to the game when you can relate to the characters.

There are lots of other features, and lots of things players ought to discover on their own, the game is filled with little secrets, little interesting things that can be used to both the murderer's advantage and the innocent players'.

The only problem with this game is with the lack of people able to host servers. If someone could get some way of hosting a server sometime, it would be wonderful. Especially if enough people are online to play. It's very interesting with more than one player.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder Mansion
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 02:02:48 pm »

I LOVED this byond game. Why doesn't anyone ever play it :C

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 02:11:02 pm »

Consider my interest piqued, Good sir.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 02:13:23 pm »

If someone can get a gathering, I'd possibly join in.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 02:17:20 pm »

Yeah, we definitely need a gathering of human players - you can only play with yourself the AI for so long. A server is the only problem we have.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:30:49 pm »

Great game, but nobody ever plays it...

Yeah, we need a server.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:47:17 pm »

I think its not a case of lack of players, lots of people would happily play it, its just that there's no server to play it on.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »

Sexy game. However, there's a distinct lack of servers.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 04:06:20 pm »

I can host. sounds interesting.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 04:20:17 pm »

Looks like fun. When could you host Head?

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 04:29:24 pm »

As soon as someone downloads the file for me since i have some bug making me unable to.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 04:33:14 pm »

Are you trying the [zip] link or downloading it from the game's page? Because the zip link doesn't work.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 04:38:27 pm »

I'll play if head hosts a server.
Shoes...

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 06:26:07 pm »

I tried both links.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 08:06:29 pm »

The link at the bottom of the page works for me.  What do you need in order to host?  That link has a .dmb, an .exe, and an .rsc

I can medafire it if that's what you need and you can't get it.
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2 3