Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombie Mod?  (Read 931 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Zombie Mod?
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:47:02 pm »

I have no idea how to mod, but I was wondering, would it be possible to make a Resident Evil style zombie mod? I know there was one for 40d but it hasn't been updated for 0.31... Just watched all 3 Rez movies and now I really want to make The Hive... IDK if it would be possible to 'infect' via bites, or whatever, but someone should make one.
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:03:06 pm »

You could have a race of slow moving creatures that cause necrosis from their bite. I don't think you'd be able to make them infect others with zombieness, nor make them proper zombies in the undead sense unless they're in an evil biome. In which case you'd get "zombie zombie". Best hope is probably to just copy humans but make them slow, near-mindless, and with necrotic bites. Or ask someone with a bit more experience.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 12:31:21 pm »

That sucks, but I hope someone makes a zombie mod even if it can't have transmission...
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:21 pm »

Its not exactly what you described, but I made this...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61243.0

Its got zombies in it atleast ^_^

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 07:28:15 pm »

You could have a race of slow moving creatures that cause necrosis from their bite. I don't think you'd be able to make them infect others with zombieness, nor make them proper zombies in the undead sense unless they're in an evil biome. In which case you'd get "zombie zombie". Best hope is probably to just copy humans but make them slow, near-mindless, and with necrotic bites. Or ask someone with a bit more experience.

There's actually a tag to prevent this from happening. It's called [CANNOT_UNDEAD]. If you do want to do something like this, I'd suggest to do it the next best way.

-Replace most creatures of vanilla (the cave ones) with a variety of undead creature types.
-Replace elves with zombies, make sure they can't talk
-Make sure that elves zombies do breed but have them be a full maturity at birth

Right now there's really no way (that I know of) to make creatures undead when they come in contact with a certain force. The best you can do is try improvise.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 01:41:46 pm »

So I tried to modify TheSummoner's thing but nothing appeared... Could someone please tell me what is wrong with this:

Spoiler: creature_undead.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: entity_undead.txt (click to show/hide)

And i put in the body part... Hoping it is something simple but idk :P

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 01:59:22 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61477.0

It's one of the things I requested there- or, could be built from the things I requested there. Right now we don't have proper infectious diseases, nor diseases that will make a person change factions, become undead or go berserk. Infectious+Berserk+Necrosis should do what you want, though.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 02:52:01 pm »

wouldnt it be possible to have it cause both vomiting and mild necrosis?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 04:05:04 pm »

wouldnt it be possible to have it cause both vomiting and mild necrosis?

Yeah, but vomit doesn't spread the illness right now.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 04:57:30 am »

the only close way you can get zombie mode is if you get a city civ member(not you) to hit another city civ member.

Spoiler: dumbmetagame (click to show/hide)

other than that yeah no zombies.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

OneOfNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 09:43:29 am »

They should have zombie cities. If we cant get zombie virus ourselves, let us see whats left over of civilizations that did. you could accidentally mine into an existing dwarf fortress full of zombie dwarves.