Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released  (Read 81226 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2010, 10:09:44 am »

Sorry, I know he's already aware of the underground farming bug though, I think.

I was mostly rambling off my thoughts, so..... heh

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2010, 10:12:03 am »

Ah, I already did the dead squad dwarves, just didn't mention it in the dev log online and forgot to check off the bug entry in the tracker.  I did the tracker now.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2010, 10:16:38 am »

Ah, I already did the dead squad dwarves, just didn't mention it in the dev log online and forgot to check off the bug entry in the tracker.  I did the tracker now.

Oh cool.

Yay to me for mentioning it. :)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2010, 10:46:53 am »

Now to hope for a release this week so we can enjoy the fixes :3
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2010, 10:48:51 am »

I'm curious what the status is on:

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=95 - Stockpile catagories missing subgroups like bones/shells

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2010, 11:10:54 am »

As I'm here, please please do something about the shell issue. Some places simply don't have it, and all I can do is stick shells on cats and murder a few kittens. Not a bug as such, but I'd still like it gone.
If not, I'm going to make a pet giant turtle mod so I can embark with some walking shells. They can replace dogs, or something. This is if it hasn't been done already.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2010, 11:13:54 am »

According to the devlog, he restricted shell moods to those that have a fetish (Toadys words, not mine) for shell. Which could help alleviate the issue, but the underlying issue is still there.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2010, 11:28:04 am »

Any chance to fix "cancels Pickup Equipment: Equipment mismatch" spam when dwarves try to equip ammo (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2685) before next release?
It is the most annoying bug I found in 0.31.10 so far. Another one is dwarves using ammo designated for combat while training, but I can live with it.

Otherwise military works so much better now, thank you for all the fixes! Changelog for 0.31.11 seems awesome already, it looks like the bug fixing goes faster and faster with every release!
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2010, 11:31:14 am »

training bugs are probably the only thing putting me off DF for now.. it's just so incredibly annoying when they either don't train or get eternally stuck in it.
Yeah, but there's also annoying military title rotation.
See, the dwarves in the unit list are grouped by profession, and even if you custom-retitle your axedwarves to, well, axedwarves, they're still going to be scattered through that list according to their civilian skills. You then can't at a glance say how many dwarves of a given profession you have, because some of these might just be off-duty militia-dwarves. I'm not sure this is a bug, but I think it needs Toady's attention no less than the bugs do.

Also, there are quite a few other (less nasty) bugs, such as dwarves not using crutches. Of course, we are already used to having permanently bedridden dwarves from 40d, and it is in no way game-breaking.

Whining aside, I want to say it is rare to see a person as determined as Toady. We're all very lucky.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:39:25 am by Murphy »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2010, 11:55:55 am »

training bugs are probably the only thing putting me off DF for now.. it's just so incredibly annoying when they either don't train or get eternally stuck in it.
Yeah, but there's also annoying military title rotation.
See, the dwarves in the unit list are grouped by profession, and even if you custom-retitle your axedwarves to, well, axedwarves, they're still going to be scattered through that list according to their civilian skills. You then can't at a glance say how many dwarves of a given profession you have, because some of these might just be off-duty militia-dwarves. I'm not sure this is a bug, but I think it needs Toady's attention no less than the bugs do.

Also, there are quite a few other (less nasty) bugs, such as dwarves not using crutches. Of course, we are already used to having permanently bedridden dwarves from 40d, and it is in no way game-breaking.

Whining aside, I want to say it is rare to see a person as determined as Toady. We're all very lucky.

If you aren't already, you could use Dwarf Therapist. Sounds more like an organization issue than a bug.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2010, 12:09:15 pm »

What, it can change dwarf colors or change my military to be full-time?
Not an option anyway, since there's no linux version.

Sounds more like an organization issue than a bug.
I'll direct any who are willing to discuss that to the relevant topic, so as not to clutter this one:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61130.0

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2010, 12:11:14 pm »

Would anyone hate me if I created a dwarf fortress repository, for the benefit of the linux users?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2010, 12:13:47 pm »

I'll direct any who are willing to discuss that to the relevant topic, so as not to clutter this one:

I meant the organizing your military dwarves into a group part. As for a linux version of Dwarf Therapist, you'll have to ask Chmod about that in the modding section. I think there is a linux version, but not sure how well it works, so, again, you'll have to ask in the DT thread.

Would anyone hate me if I created a dwarf fortress repository, for the benefit of the linux users?

Why would anyone hate you if you did so? I'm not a linux user, so I can't speak for other people.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2010, 12:16:03 pm »

I meant the organizing your military dwarves into a group part. As for a linux version of Dwarf Therapist, you'll have to ask Chmod about that in the modding section. I think there is a linux version, but not sure how well it works, so, again, you'll have to ask in the DT thread.

Why would anyone hate you if you did so? I'm not a linux user, so I can't speak for other people.

I mean toady, and because of copyright/legal/intellectual property sort of reasons. I'll have to respect his wishes if he wants it kept at this site.

Having read up on this, I think it's a bit out of my league unless I can find some program to do it for me. It would be useful if someone did this, though.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:26:19 pm by turgidtoupee »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2010, 12:36:55 pm »

I have a small oddity. Started viewing stuff for haul-to-depot.
A named goblin's bone (stack of five), weighing 78 units. Really heavy. Basic value 0 as of all bones.
Also have 2h-camel bone, stack of 17, weighing 68 units.
Also have 2h-camel bone, stack of 17, weighing 84 units.
I don't think bones should weigh the same as twice a unit of wood logs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:41:21 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17