Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released  (Read 81149 times)

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2010, 07:35:13 pm »

Actually game just misses one of vital params of penetration calculation. Crossbow bolt could penetrate plate on perfect 90 degrees to armor surface angle. But would be deflected on lower angles.

That.

We can argue about crossbows vs plate armor from different time periods all we want, but we should agree that the current implementation needs work - there is NO difference between wearing full plate armor and being completely naked against crossbows right now.

VWSpeedRacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2010, 07:41:23 pm »

We can argue about crossbows vs plate armor from different time periods all we want, but we should agree that the current implementation needs work - there is NO difference between wearing full plate armor and being completely naked against crossbows right now.

I think that everyone can also agree that it's a huge improvement that marksdorfs are no longer hammer dwarves in disguise.
"Yo dorf, I herd you like menacing so I put spikes on yo spikes so you can menace while you menace!"
I think something went wrong with the mac download. All I know is, there's an exe in it, and that just ain't right.
Armok's Sweaty Balls Toady

VWSpeedRacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2010, 07:43:43 pm »

Have you been forbidding any rock (or whatever the material is, or perhaps the item is getting moved somehow? That could do it.

I'm seeing relatively recent construction orders getting cancelled, even though I haven't ordered any stone dumps since their issuance.  Not sure what else would cause rock to move around... and isn't that normally grounds for suspension rather than order removal?
"Yo dorf, I herd you like menacing so I put spikes on yo spikes so you can menace while you menace!"
I think something went wrong with the mac download. All I know is, there's an exe in it, and that just ain't right.
Armok's Sweaty Balls Toady

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2010, 08:00:30 pm »

Wow, in .31.10 I have citizens actually teaching and attending dodging and striking demonstrations! (I embark with some dodging skills.)

And "scheduled order" 3 train instead of 10, they actually left the barracks to do civilian stuff!

Bummer, after freeing the barracks-rack, the militia commander seems to wait forever for "Go to dodging demonstration". (Hmm, guess she's pretty injured.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:24:58 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2010, 08:04:31 pm »

I think I found a bug. I think.

Every time my adventurer punches animals in the head, 'jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!', resulting in of course, death.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2010, 08:15:21 pm »

A specific Bolt's ability to punch through Plate armor should be dependent on the material the bolt is made of VS the material the Plate armor is composed of, assuming it hits.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2010, 08:26:46 pm »

I think I found a bug. I think.
Every time my adventurer punches animals in the head, 'jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!', resulting in of course, death.

My adventurer died to an elf-pileup, they punched adv's skull in.
Wooden sword vanilla elf, cannot hurt people through robes and some other fiber clothes. Wooden spear does bruise through clothes.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 08:27:05 pm »

Thanks for another release toady =)
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »

Ugh, so I haven't been keeping up with this, last time I was on was version 31.04.

Basically I want to know how is surgery doing? Has Toady fixed that up a bit? Last I heard it was bugged up the wazoo, and the wiki doesn't mention much.

steveman0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2010, 08:46:07 pm »

Ugh, so I haven't been keeping up with this, last time I was on was version 31.04.

Basically I want to know how is surgery doing? Has Toady fixed that up a bit? Last I heard it was bugged up the wazoo, and the wiki doesn't mention much.

As far as I recall pretty much everything that had been causing problems with the hospital system is now fixed.  I haven't tested everything out myself yet but I have seen a number of success stories.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2010, 09:17:28 pm »

Actually game just misses one of vital params of penetration calculation. Crossbow bolt could penetrate plate on perfect 90 degrees to armor surface angle. But would be deflected on lower angles.

It already tracks this, actually.  Toady has often referred to the "squareness" of a strike.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2010, 09:18:58 pm »

e: oops, double post

The major surgery bug was fixed in 31.07.  If you're using a save from a version before 31.07, you may have to rebuild all your tables to make surgery work properly.  A fresh fortress should have no problems, though.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2010, 09:33:36 pm »

e: oops, double post

The major surgery bug was fixed in 31.07.  If you're using a save from a version before 31.07, you may have to rebuild all your tables to make surgery work properly.  A fresh fortress should have no problems, though.

Okay sweet. New fortress time then, since apparently my old one has been lost in the clutter of my hard drive. May be entirely gone, who knows?

Not me!

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2010, 10:05:38 pm »

There are still some hospital issues (won't stock plaster powder, won't apply casts), but they're not game-breakers.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »

There are still some hospital issues (won't stock plaster powder, won't apply casts), but they're not game-breakers.
wasnt there something about you have to switch how they are stored or something? Barrel to bin or bin to barrel.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17