Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released  (Read 79746 times)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 12:17:23 pm »

ALL HAIL THE (HYPNO) TOAD!
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010, 12:35:05 pm »

Good to know, I'd never tried it, I just do it my way.

I'll edit that out of my copy/paste and put your suggestion in next time.

There will inevitably be a next time.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010, 12:39:57 pm »

Too bad really. The liason going around killing kittens and puppies in the fort with his bear hands, covered in puppy entrails and kitten blood was one of the most amusing bugs so far DF v0.31. (besides the melting rain)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2010, 12:45:33 pm »

Your Liason has bear hands?  Why can't I get any mutant freaks instead of just vanilla dorfs?  :'(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:34:26 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

CaveLobsterShell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2010, 12:47:15 pm »

Too bad really. The liason going around killing kittens and puppies in the fort with his bear hands, covered in puppy entrails and kitten blood was one of the most amusing bugs so far DF v0.31. (besides the melting rain)

You had a bear liaison? I had a 'human' liaison that was a skink brute; Urithi the Wispy Labyrinth. Luckily I locked my doors and some gobbos took care of him.

UmbrageOfSnow beat me to it!
The funniest part being a dwarf actually butchered the stupid thing.  Necrotic poison is the tastiest of spices.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2010, 12:59:17 pm »

Hail Toady!!!*does the widely known dwarven salute of dismembering an elf in the most painful way and sacrificing the blood and organs to the MIGHTY TOAD GOD!*

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2010, 01:25:00 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, 'cause I'm in the middle of a tantrum spiral, but I've noticed a lot of things being randomly killed. About 10 animals were struck down, and now I've had two humans killed too (it's a human fort).

I would've put this down to all the tantruming and not the new version, but this is the second tantrum spiral I've had in this fort. The first tantrum spiral was in 31.8 and nobody got killed, they just broke a few chairs and doors.

They didn't even attack one another last time, as far as I'm aware, but in this version I've had about a dozen animal/human deaths and I was only playing for about 15 minutes. Maybe they're just more effective at killing one another now, but I wanted to throw this out there incase anyone else noticed the same thing.

Ignore this, it was because they were tantruming. They are just MUCH more effective at killing one-another now. Like, an adept miner with a pick was making body-parts sail off with every strike! Fun!

Dreaming

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2010, 01:26:18 pm »

YellowPebble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2010, 02:06:37 pm »

I don't think crossbow bolts punching through armour really easily is actually particularly unrealistic- I think that's actually what arrows and bolts do. Whether it's good from a game-balance perspective is another question entirely.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2010, 02:09:29 pm »

I've rediscovered the melting bug, but its happening with evaporating water and possibly scorching biomes. I spotted it in .08, but its still happening with .10. I have a bug report and a save up on the tracker.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll start generating worlds with a bit lower temperature to play in since that world had a cool site that I wanted.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2010, 02:58:40 pm »

I have had two crashes in worldgen, right after placing civilizations reaches 20.  What data should be captured for that?  Windows 7...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010, 03:00:23 pm »

Theres already a bug report on the tracker for that one. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2432

VWSpeedRacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010, 03:25:58 pm »

Armok's Sweaty Balls Toady

That's a keeper.  :D
"Yo dorf, I herd you like menacing so I put spikes on yo spikes so you can menace while you menace!"
I think something went wrong with the mac download. All I know is, there's an exe in it, and that just ain't right.

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 04:16:13 pm »

That's a keeper.  :D

Why thank you :D

For some reason I'm my most linguisitically inventive after a 14 hour shift... it's either fatigue or the fact that I'm ready to go beserk 10 minutes after I get to work...

Tyrius cancels serve customer: Interupted by Management Idiocy
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.

VWSpeedRacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 04:20:54 pm »

The craziest thing just happened...  one of my hunters picked up some ammo and went hunting ! ! !

This without me jumping through hoops to coax him into it.  More of a "That's odd - why's there a combat report?"

Hurray for marksdwarf bug fixes!
"Yo dorf, I herd you like menacing so I put spikes on yo spikes so you can menace while you menace!"
I think something went wrong with the mac download. All I know is, there's an exe in it, and that just ain't right.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17