Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released  (Read 79823 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.10 Released
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2010, 05:34:50 am »

This is why all soldiers should have a civilian skill. Every time they switch from military to civilian mode, they will get a bad thought from insecurity if they don't have any worth as a civilian. Doesn't matter if they ever do that job or not, they need some skill in a civilian job.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2010, 07:14:27 am »

No one is cutting wood for me. I have a few dorfs set up to do nothing but wood cutting and they'd rather sit around getting drunk. I have some battle axes in a bin but they won't go get them.

EDIT: A trade caravan has arrived and after moving my axes to the depot, my woodcutter is heading over to pick one up. If anyone else experiences this, they may be able to do the same in order to get things back on track!

The axes you had originally were probably earmarked as being for military use.  Even if nobody currently in the military is assigned to use it, there is a bug with previously assigned military weapons not being released properly.

I see this behavior a lot:
  • Make a squad.  Some undesired uniform gets assigned to the members.  Some items get allocated to them.
  • Change their uniform or weapon assignments.  The items that were allocated in step 1 are now verboten.
  • Make new weapons for them, for their new uniform.  These, they can use.

This is supposedly fixed for 0.31.11.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2010, 10:08:59 am »

please fix dwarves getting stuck at water sources when getting water for casts ;_;
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:51 am »

please fix dwarves getting stuck at water sources when getting water for casts ;_;

It helps if you link to the relevant report when requesting a bug fix.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2010, 10:30:36 am »

How about theissue where underground farms can't be built on dry soil, even with a z-level worth of soil underneath them? Some people think that one is a feature, others say its a bug (and I believe it is a bug) and it ups the learning curve for newbs to the game.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2010, 10:46:33 am »

It helps if you link to the relevant report when requesting a bug fix.

Will do in future, thanks.

I just don't want one of my best soldiers to become a permanently bedridden useless dwarf because he can't get a cast to his broken leg.
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Rkui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2010, 12:59:49 pm »

This is why all soldiers should have a civilian skill. Every time they switch from military to civilian mode, they will get a bad thought from insecurity if they don't have any worth as a civilian. Doesn't matter if they ever do that job or not, they need some skill in a civilian job.

Well when you have few of your best soldiers blink red during years its bit scary for your population. Especially those bugged that can jungle with half a dozen steel axe of best quality with one hand (other is cut off)  ???

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2010, 01:41:10 pm »

Well when you have few of your best soldiers blink red during years its bit scary for your population. Especially those bugged that can jungle with half a dozen steel axe of best quality with one hand (other is cut off)  ???
It should never have reached that point in the first place. Preventation > Cure.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

timtek

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Tacos
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2010, 03:32:14 pm »

No one is cutting wood for me. I have a few dorfs set up to do nothing but wood cutting and they'd rather sit around getting drunk. I have some battle axes in a bin but they won't go get them.

EDIT: A trade caravan has arrived and after moving my axes to the depot, my woodcutter is heading over to pick one up. If anyone else experiences this, they may be able to do the same in order to get things back on track!

The axes you had originally were probably earmarked as being for military use.  Even if nobody currently in the military is assigned to use it, there is a bug with previously assigned military weapons not being released properly.

I see this behavior a lot:
  • Make a squad.  Some undesired uniform gets assigned to the members.  Some items get allocated to them.
  • Change their uniform or weapon assignments.  The items that were allocated in step 1 are now verboten.
  • Make new weapons for them, for their new uniform.  These, they can use.

This is supposedly fixed for 0.31.11.

That sounds about right, I have a squad that I told to use axes a few days ago. Thanks for the info.
My fortress brings all the dorfs to mah yard...

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2010, 03:50:05 pm »

Dammit, my fort is dying a FPS death. So sad. I wish for fps boost fixes in future versions :-[

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2010, 04:59:36 pm »

Dammit, my fort is dying a FPS death. So sad. I wish for fps boost fixes in future versions :-[

Me too.  I get up to 100 dwarfs and my fortress just crawls.

I'm going to try my next fortress with a population cap of 7 so this doesn't happen.  =)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2010, 06:00:52 pm »

I'm going to try my next fortress with a population cap of 7 so this doesn't happen.  =)

Yeah haha, dumping 700 useless dog tallow to reuse the barrels for booze takes like 40 minutes with 80 dwarves and 10 fps. The day DF goes multithreaded is the day I die of joy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:17:13 pm by Orkel »

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2010, 06:29:38 pm »

Yeah haha, dumping 700 useless dog tallow to reuse the barrels for booze takes like 40 minutes with 80 dwarves and 10 fps. The day DF goes multithreaded is the day I die of joy.

It isn't already? Damn. Wish I'd known that, I could clear an entire core to deal with DF, and all the other windows functions on the other.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2010, 06:33:20 pm »

It isn't already? Damn. Wish I'd known that, I could clear an entire core to deal with DF, and all the other windows functions on the other.

OR you could use that tallow, or set your dwarves to SPEED:0 (or SPEED:1 or whatever) to dump that stuff. Chances are that its more than the 700 dog fat tallow thats causing FPS issues.

I think the graphical and CPU proccesses were separated or something, so I think it may be pseudo-double threaded? Don't take my word for it as I'm not sure about it myself.

Also, Toady, could you look at this remnant of the melting bug that I found? It has a save included and this one about fatty tissue having a too low melting point, which is likely a cause behind the remnant of a melting bug I found.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:30:19 pm by smjjames »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2010, 09:42:18 pm »

What's your embark size, citizen count and animal count? And do you have water or magma flows moving about?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17