Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Favorite execution method?  (Read 9150 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Favorite execution method?
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:24:04 pm »

That's my question: what is your favorite mode of execution for imprisoned dwarves and captured goblins, kobolds, etc.? Myself, I like building a tall, hollow tower, and placing my prison at the top. I then use trapdoors to fling them down the tower, usually about 10-15 z-levels. There's a formation of floor tiles at the bottom in the shape of a bulls-eye. For kicks, I build a second tower adjacent to the execution tower, and make that one a high-rise apartment building for nobles. I build the sides of the towers that are touching each other with glass windows, so the nobles can watch comfortably in their rooms as goblins zip past the windows to their doom.

Anybody else got some good execution methods?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite execution method?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 11:28:57 pm »

It's not set up for prisoners, as I'm in a hermetically sealed fort, but I've set up automated slaughterhouses for the animals I managed to catch before closing the vault and have since bred.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:11:30 am »

Dwarves: none

Goblins: cat pit!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Mush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:39:48 am »

I can't say which is my favorite, but I'm planning to build the following:

Dwarven Fist: A hollow (or pit) tower built with a suspended platform near the top and a lone tile. Goblin prisoners are positioned underneath the platform and the tile is then removed.

Hell Flight: A hollow (or pit) tower built with spikes at the bottom. Goblins are tossed off so they impale on the spikes.

Eternal Fall: A hollow (or pit) tower filled with retracting bridges. The goblin is placed on top and dropped to the bridge below. Then dropped again. Then again. And again. The bottom is a drawbridge which crushes survivors.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 01:07:12 am »

Dwarves: none (no executions)

Goblins: arena (vs. my military)

It might be cool, though, to have some kind of pit / tower drop.. I'm just not sure how to rig that :o How do you throw a caged goblin into something? You can't 'build' a cage over a trap door, right?

Mush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 01:52:48 am »

Dwarves: none (no executions)

Goblins: arena (vs. my military)

It might be cool, though, to have some kind of pit / tower drop.. I'm just not sure how to rig that :o How do you throw a caged goblin into something? You can't 'build' a cage over a trap door, right?

I haven't done it in a while but, you designate a pond/pit zone and assign Goblins to it (through the zones menu). I think you can also just "build" a cage and link it to a lever and it drops them in, but I just did the pond thing. Make sure you disarm them though, just in case.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:12:31 am »

I haven't done it in a while but, you designate a pond/pit zone and assign Goblins to it (through the zones menu). I think you can also just "build" a cage and link it to a lever and it drops them in, but I just did the pond thing. Make sure you disarm them though, just in case.

Cool, yeah... I'd guess the disarming part is really important!

Fenwah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 02:33:43 am »

I strip them naked and chain them up in the lower levels of my fortress, then have a soldier come down and beat them senseless with a training weapon and get them xp. Once they are too tired or hungry i have someone come in with a battle axe and chop the goblin up. I also have a chain that has weapon traps on every adjacent tile. I strip em down and chain them there, and as they run around they get hacked to pieces

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 05:07:46 am »

i have a pit with a retractable draw bidge at the bottom of it. The draw bridge is only there to fire imps coming up. I open it and throw the goblins into the great magma sea. I use this method because its quick and easy.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Agamemnon

• Bay Watcher
  • Function - unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 05:50:30 am »

My temporary execution shaft is right next to my trade depot. Goblins enter briefly through the holes in ground and ceiling to "aid" in barter negotiations. Imagine this:

Dwarf: "What price are these bins of cloth?"
Elf merchant: "1200 each."
Passing goblin: "......aaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa......" *distant splatting noise*
Elf merchant: "What was that?"
Dwarf: "Greedy merchant..."
Elf merchant: "600 then?"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:52:29 am by Agamemnon »
Glossary #52
Execution shaft aka. dwarven wormhole

Works as follows: Things enter one end, emerge at the other and then get eaten by worms.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 07:24:44 am »

I plan to have a series of grates with walls between them.
Something like this:#=Grate W=Wall L=Lever
#W#W#
W#   #W#
#W#W#  L
wwwww
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 07:48:56 am »

Shrugging McCommunist handles enemies of the collective in a simple, economically sustainable manner: I toss them down into the caverns, and let them do whatever. *If* they survive the 15-z-level fall and the 7/7 water at the bottom. And the olm men and cave alligators and giant toads and the forgotten beasts and the migrants and the many traps.

Cage traps, some of them. Guess what happens when they get catched again?
Another drop.

It's my personal little hell! Fall from grace, into pain, torture and death! And if you think you may be saved - hell starts over again! :D
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 07:50:28 am »

I've never bothered with complicated executions before, but I'm going to toss at least one werewolf into the volcano before I abandon this site.

I have a mighty yen to scent the breezes with the aroma of barbecued doggy.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 09:49:15 am »

If I have the space for it, a 300 style execution pit is my favorite way to do it. Simple and effective. I have to try out the whole "public beating with training weapon" method.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 10:06:09 am »

Drawbridge+Spikes at bottom=My Dwarf Military manliness test that all soldiers must pass  8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4