Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Favorite execution method?  (Read 9144 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite execution method?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »

I trapped a Forgotten Beast under a bridge, prisoners/nobles are thrown in there. It is an entertaining execution.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 12:56:35 pm »

A small pit, a halway at the bottom, the hallway leads to the main fort, it is filled with single copper whip traps, it has a cage trap at the end :D Also, the same, only with a locked door before the hallway and a 4X4 space in the pit, each  space has a copper whip trap with one whip :P

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 01:00:38 pm »

Chain em up,have them get knocked out,have your war cats nibble them to death }:D

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 02:54:18 pm »

I love the smell of magma in the morning.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 03:41:24 pm »

a simple 15z plus fall down. Usually done by making the cage or noble´s room on one side then having the fall covered with a hatch and having a dwarf repeatatly pull that lever.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 10:30:53 pm »

As soon as I get some other things in my fortress out of the way, I'll make some kind of underground maze surrounding the outskirts of my fortress. I'll release all my prisoners in there, along with my war animals.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dood

• Bay Watcher
  • !!piggy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 03:36:47 am »

Stuff 'em in a room while they are still fully equipped. Once you've got more than 15 gobbos in there pump in some magma through the ceiling. Then watch as they all flee until they can go no further and burst into flames. Pump the magma out of the room, wait a few minutes and grab all the shiny goblinite for melting. Added bonus: No corpses or crappy gobbo clothing to dispose of. Clean and simple.  :D

EyeOfNundinate

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you remember the lost Nundinates?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 03:48:46 am »

I sell them in a caravan, then destroy that caravan.
If I start a war, I paralyze them, then leave them for dead.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 03:00:32 pm »

My usual thing is to keep the gobbo prisoners in cages connecting to the noble's quarters, and once in a while let them fight it out. Big enough fortresses get actual, grandiose arenas for that sort of thing.

My personal favorite trick, though, involves a dwarven noble. Knock him out with a cave in on top of a cage trap (or something) and then either set him up in your zoo where he belongs, or sell him back to the mountainhome in exchange for something useful.

Booyah.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

jimjulius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 07:20:29 pm »

I have a 9 Z level pit in a room adjacent to my main dining room. The bottom of the pit has one Z 7/7 water, three trained giant toads, and no stairs. Anything that survives the drop is seriously injured with multiple breakages, and has to endure being eaten alive by giant toads while drowning.

I was going to use cave crocodiles, but thought giant toads was far more dwarfy.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 07:38:09 pm »

I have a 9 Z level pit in a room adjacent to my main dining room. The bottom of the pit has one Z 7/7 water, three trained giant toads, and no stairs. Anything that survives the drop is seriously injured with multiple breakages, and has to endure being eaten alive by giant toads while drowning.

I was going to use cave crocodiles, but thought giant toads was far more dwarfy.

If I where female, I would ask to have your children.

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 10:17:41 pm »

Craftsfrills had two such devices. One was a 6 z-level shaft with upright spikes at the bottom. In theory, you toss prisoners down it that you don't want, but in practice, since the first one I tried it with bled all over the main hall, it was relegated to tossing the odd animal down when I was bored.

The other was a small irrigation duct that could be sealed off. It had a weapon trap in the end of it, so you could chain a goblin in it, seal it off, leave, and pull the irrigation lever to flush the prisoner into what amounted to an automated meat grinder.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 11:15:08 pm »

bookmarking this thread.  I have like 28 goblin prisoners from a couple of recent "ambushes" (heh... cage traps...) that I have been figuring out what to do with.

I was thinking about chucking them into the magma or a long drop into a pit but that seemed so boring.   I'll probably use at least a few of them as sparring practice for the military. 

Right now I've got a big room walled off into a maze leading to a "side door" and filled with dozens of stone traps.  When they attack I raise the bridge and unlock the outside door.  They can take one or two rocks to the head before falling over unconscious, but they'll usually manage to crawl through a half dozen or so before they finally succumb to blood loss or plain old blunt trauma.  It'd probably work just as well releasing the gobbos on this side of the maze too.  (Or maybe a room in the middle... hmm...)  There's a lot of fun to be had watching a goblin get bonked on the head by rocks and then falling down over and over as he tries to run to freedom.   And if they do get past all the rocks ... roomful of cages.

I'm also working on building a "goblin masher" in the maze.  1-tile-wide drawbridges alternating along the path with the stonefall traps.  When a goblin gets stunned by a rock dropping on his head, drop the bridge.  He'll either stumble into the next trap or fall down in the square with the masher in it.  I'm still getting it built so I don't know if it will actually work, but I sure hope so.  I want to get fancy and hook the bridges up to pressure plates so he triggers a bridge behind him and squashes his mates into dust but it needs to work at all first.

I thought about putting a few cages up near the trade depot hooked up to levers and when the caravan guards arrived, open up the doors.  (Debating whether I would first strip them or not.  If they take out the merchants, hey, free stuff!) 

I like "volunteering" them to be a cavern explorer idea too.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 06:30:39 pm »

The Water Slide of Death: Water from a pipe leading from a nearby river is pumped at high speed up a pump stack, then dropped down a 4 z-level pit. The result is a swirling whirlpool that sucks anything thrown in down a long ramp leading into my moat. The ramp is covered in weapon traps, so anything that passes through is cut to ribbons by iron battle axes.

Also, I caught a cyclops and a two-headed titan. I was just gonna put them in a pit and throw goblins in as playmates, but does anyone else have a more devious idea?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 06:51:50 pm »

What I like to call the "Saarlac":

A pit into the earth (tower optional), going several Z-levels down with two or three levels of random spike traps spaced evenly apart.  At the bottom is just an empty room, and any survivors get to stay there until they die.  For extra Dwarf points, make the bottom a magma chamber.
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4