Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are the military equipment bugs fixed in 31.09?  (Read 1848 times)

Teiwaz

• Bay Watcher
  • [BABYSNATCHER]
    • View Profile
Are the military equipment bugs fixed in 31.09?
« on: July 10, 2010, 09:24:50 pm »

I've found the military bugs have made all the 2010 releases so far unplayable, the worst being Dwarves never putting down equipment they've been assigned, and just gathering more and more arms and armor, but then refusing to use any of it because they still have a wooden training axe. I haven't seen any mention of this in the dev notes, and the bug tracker is... inconclusive. Can anyone confirm whether the military works, yet?

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Are the military equipment bugs fixed in 31.09?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:27:04 pm »

read the dev log, it has all of the fixes he has done
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Teiwaz

• Bay Watcher
  • [BABYSNATCHER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:22 pm »

I said I did, and no, it doesn't.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »

These are all the bugs that were fixed in 31.09.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 09:49:11 pm »

By getting rid of the arsenal dwarf, those issues might of been fixed if that was the cause. Ahem, that's what I'm hoping for anyways...
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 09:52:26 pm »

Well, now that the arsenal dwarf is gone, things should probably go smoother. Personally I haven't had the bug the OP mentioned to any great degree, so I wouldn't be able to say how well it'll work.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 10:08:07 pm »

Right, and hunters and marksdwarves should be working better now.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 11:31:14 pm »

Right, and hunters and marksdwarves should be working better now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when you get guys walking around with two crossbows in each hand. Probably just try to club people with em.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 01:02:02 am »

These are all the bugs that were fixed in 31.09.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php
Actually the mantis bugtracker doesn't give a complete log of the changes/additions.

Look in the announcement forum for complete information:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61160.0

(really wished toady linked to the threads in the dev-log)
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 01:31:12 am »

There are a number of different equipping problems.  Some of them might be fixed.

In .09, I'm still finding dwarfs upgrading a left gauntlet to a right gauntlet.  Which doesn't work, of course.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 07:59:35 am »

I've found the military bugs have made all the 2010 releases so far unplayable, the worst being Dwarves never putting down equipment they've been assigned, and just gathering more and more arms and armor, but then refusing to use any of it because they still have a wooden training axe. I haven't seen any mention of this in the dev notes, and the bug tracker is... inconclusive. Can anyone confirm whether the military works, yet?

I've played dozens of fortresses with military use, and never have I seen that bug in any 2010 version.  Either I'm lucky or you're unlucky, but the military always worked fine for assigning to things to kill.  Training is always a problem though.

I'd say just give it a shot and see if it happens again.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:27:01 am »

The equipment bug as it was in previous versions was easily avoided: the cause was equipment being assigned to squad positions, not dwarves and equipment never being unassigned. The workaround was easy if you were fast-building towards a steel industry: never change uniforms, never change dwarves in squads. If you need to make a change, delete the squad completely, assign a temporary squad with uniform "get naked", then delete that squad too before your final squad. It meant you shouldn't change equipment around, especially between training weapons (whcih had no use given the formal training bugs you have to avoid) and live weapons.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 10:31:47 am »

So far equipment seems to be working much more smoothly with the removal of the arsenal dwarf. The only problem I'm getting is message spam along the lines of, "Urist mcSoldier cancels Pickup Equipment: equipment mismatch." I've found that this actually means that the dwarf realizes, "wait, I already have an axe, I don't need another one," so it's actually a good thing, if just slightly annoying.

SocietalEclipse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 01:51:36 pm »

I had that problem with .08 quite a bit as I gradually upgraded my equipment from copper to iron to bronze while training my smiths.  I ended up with a lot of dwarves carrying around two shields and three axes and refusing to (D)ump the lower quality items.

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »

Unplayable? A bit of hyperbole, don't you think? Don't equip training weapons, there is absolutely no need whatsoever*. Define some new armor profiles before assigning any military and leave it as that, there is really no need to have to swap equipment all the time.

*Why on earth were they included if training now can't lead to killing sparring partners?
Pages: [1] 2