Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: decorate with bone  (Read 5438 times)

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: decorate with bone
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 01:59:39 pm »

Yep, they're goblin bones, not partial skeletons.  In my [admittedly relatively short] experience, I find that, when a goblin is gibbed, some smaller parts become bones as soon as they properly rot, while other parts never [seem to] degenerate further than partial skeleton or the described body part (some heads stay heads forever, or at least for a year or more, instead of becoming skulls).  Here I'm definitely speaking of the ones that degenerated straight to bones without requiring butchering.

Ah, shit, about the ethic change.  That would require a regen, huh?  I guess that can't be tested in any quick, easy way in an ongoing game.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 02:09:07 pm »

Yes any of those Ethics changes require a regen.  Its worth it though.  Change these entries in the Entity file:

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:SHUN]

to

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]

I have a feeling that the Trophy entry is to do with making totems out of skulls but change it as well just to be sure.

Theres nothing like watching your dwarfs dine on Goblin stew and biscuits.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 02:56:41 pm »

If they try to trade goblin-meat items to a race with more delicate sensibilities, will there be trouble?  I understand that elves are never dangerous, but I wonder -- purely for curiosity's sake, not because I care for their feelings -- if they would be offended
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:40:10 pm »

I have not yet risen to the level of dwarfiness necessary to alter the ethics to put goblin roasts on the menu, but I think this is definitely fine advice on the trophies.  I will do this.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 08:50:18 pm »

If they try to trade goblin-meat items to a race with more delicate sensibilities, will there be trouble?  I understand that elves are never dangerous, but I wonder -- purely for curiosity's sake, not because I care for their feelings -- if they would be offended.
Hardly.  If you sell goblin roasts to the elves, they will be overjoyed that you have seen the error of your ways and are no longer letting that meat rot away wastefully.  It's not like you cut down a tree or something.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 08:17:57 am »

If they try to trade goblin-meat items to a race with more delicate sensibilities, will there be trouble?  I understand that elves are never dangerous, but I wonder -- purely for curiosity's sake, not because I care for their feelings -- if they would be offended.
Dwarves need to have their ethics changed to think of eating sentient life forms. Elves have that as their default.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]