Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A ass fiend diplomat from Mekaanthath has arrived.  (Read 3081 times)

Mush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A ass fiend diplomat from Mekaanthath has arrived.
« on: July 10, 2010, 03:13:05 am »

"A gigantic noseless ass twisted into human form. It appears to be emaciated. Its lilac hair is long and wavy. Beware its poisonous vapors!

He is average size."

So I've heard about these forgotten beast diplomats, about how they destroy everything and whatnot (even [ c ]onstructed [ w ]alls, at least that's what I read). Because of this and because of my lack of experience with killing non-enemy units, what is the best way to handle this thing? Or should I just scrap this pretty successful fort?

Also, an ass, really? At first I thought it was a donkey or something, but it would just be called a donkey...

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A ass fiend diplomat from Mekaanthath has arrived.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:17:05 am »

I actually just had a case where the humans had a forgotten beast for a king, their coins were labelled and everything.

Ended up trapping it inside of a house
So constructed walls are not affected unless that beast has the proper tags I think
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 03:22:59 am »

even [ c ]onstructed [ w ]alls, at least that's what I read

Where'd you read this?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Mush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 03:44:15 am »

Where'd you read this?
A thread somewhere on these forums. Someone was trying to trap it with walls and it was able to break walls. He must've been mistaken since that just seems too FUN.

Anyway, I didn't give it much attention because I thought "Pfft! I'd never get a FB diplomat!"

And trapping the beast isn't going so well. He's on my main staircase seemingly teleporting through floors destroying doors, then coffins, then workshops. On top of that, there's something rotting in the fort, producing huge clouds of miasma. I can't keep track of it. If he gets to the beds, I'm screwed. I'm currently experiencing a serious wood-based food shortage, with barely enough wood for barrels (all my barrels are apparently filled with seeds, tallow, ect, ect).

EDIT: "Wall toppled by Mapi, law-giver."

I guess he wasn't mistaken.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:57:51 am by Mush »

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 03:56:04 am »

Where'd you read this?
A thread somewhere on these forums. Someone was trying to trap it with walls and it was able to break walls. He must've been mistaken since that seems really... fun?

Anyway, I didn't give it much attention because I thought "Pfft! I'd never get a FB diplomat!"

And trapping the beast isn't going so well. He's on my main staircase seemingly teleporting through floors destroying doors, then coffins, then workshops. On top of that, there's something rotting in the fort, producing huge clouds of miasma. I can't keep track of it. If he gets to the beds, I'm screwed. I'm currently experiencing a serious wood-based food shortage, with barely enough wood for barrels (all my barrels are apparently filled with seeds, tallow, ect, ect).

Constructed walls cannot be destroyed. Floodgates, grates and such can, however .. I've heard that beasts can destroy walls that are under construction but that's about it. Also, hang in there! Don't let the man get you down.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

beekay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:10:42 am »

:o what.

I didn't think we were anywhere near destructible constructions yet...

Mush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 04:32:14 am »

Actually, Aspgren was right, it can only destroy walls under construction. After they're finished, they're invincibile.

And I caught the ass! On my wood-storage level, using a complex set of walls and "remove up stairway/ramp" designations. And it only severed my main staircase in half! But I still have to clean up the other levels which have random standing walls and missing stairs. :/ Nearly seems not worth the trouble.

I also have no idea how I'm gonna kill it. It won't go crazy or starve, will it?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 04:44:14 am »

why kill it's just looking for your leader.
that ass was just tripping on top of your stuff and destroying it by accident.

if you have a uncompressed save you can edit the raws of the beast and remove the building destroyer tag and make it less destructive.
if not then you could wall up the fort and dump the leader outside when it comes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 07:33:45 pm »

Actually, Aspgren was right, it can only destroy walls under construction. After they're finished, they're invincibile.

And I caught the ass! On my wood-storage level, using a complex set of walls and "remove up stairway/ramp" designations. And it only severed my main staircase in half! But I still have to clean up the other levels which have random standing walls and missing stairs. :/ Nearly seems not worth the trouble.

I also have no idea how I'm gonna kill it. It won't go crazy or starve, will it?
Leave the stairway severed, and the free standing walls and whatnot all still in place. It's more fun that way. Now build something cool around the ass fiend. He might go crazy, but I doubt it. He certainly won't starve.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 07:50:00 pm »

Indeed, this is only for walls under construction, and add that even the old Funbeasts, like Spirits of Fire, frequently did the same.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

rkyeun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 09:24:24 am »

> Also, an ass, really? At first I thought it was a donkey or something, but it would just be called a donkey...
It says donkey when it means donkey. You're being attacked by buttocks.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:32:18 am »

It's an ass, not an arse folks. An ass is just a big donkey. Though I'll admit, with those poisonous vapours, you should be worried.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Bukee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 09:54:17 am »

Use Magma! It solves every problem.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 10:05:19 am »

Kinda reminds me of this.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 10:43:29 am »

Does the local biome freeze? If so, expose the room to the surface, flood the pit with water, and turn him into a fiendsicle. Much better than magma because you can then mine the ice out to reclaim his corpse.
Pages: [1] 2