Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Areloram - The Underwater City  (Read 2591 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Areloram - The Underwater City
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 12:37:47 am »

Profession name is something I prefer to name. It helps me keep track of dwarfs. As soon as the game finishes with draining the lake and I can actually do stuff, I'll change his name. Aren't marksdwarfs broken in the 08?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 12:01:15 pm »

.09 just came out.  If I understood what was said, then we have fixed hunters and marksdwarves.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 02:31:50 pm »

And .10 is out. From what was said it isn't save breaking, but it does changes raws. I'll debate a bit... I've been running Deon's mod.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 12:24:08 am »

Progress is insanely slow at the moment. I have plugged the hole that is draining so I could do some work at some "decent" speed.. maybe .5 (most like less) for an FPS at the moment.

I've made a macro so I can just press a button and make a 40 tile wide circle. I also have it set up so I can press another button and it does 10 levels of this circle.

Anyways, when things start picking back up. I'll start doing some more updates and stuff. However as of now, it's just this.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 02:00:45 am »

How do you set up macros? Also, why are you draining the ocean? And how will water return? And can you update the post with Sharpbolt and KJGJ?

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 12:59:33 pm »

Interessting, will fallow that :) Good luck with your insanity lol!
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 01:12:42 pm »

I'll take Asmel Artobolin, engraver/mason if possibly :)

Name : Braskaw Scar
Profession : Drunkard

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 02:28:45 pm »

@Dbuhos, you gotta pick someone else sorry...

@breadbocks, Sorry about that breadbocks, got them updated...

The edges of the ocean act like aquifers more or less.

I'm draining the ocean so I can build on the ocean floor. Mind you I also have to cut down the trees that are present on my ocean floor (Deon's mod)

I'm making macros through a program called autohotkey, just easier imo.

@sir labreck, It's bad... it's really bad... I'm down about 40 or so zlevels of ocean and I still have 60 to go. I have MAYBE a tenth a frame rate at the moment. Plus side I got some areas designated to be dug out so my dwarfs are doing something with all that free time.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 03:25:51 pm »

You should've turned of cave-ins. That way, you could've built a floating lighthouse connected by only a bridge. Limit entrance to Rapture!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 03:33:43 pm »

Il take some female and specialize her in making cooking,butchering ?Tanning? and ofcourse brewing! and name her the Butcher

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 03:53:11 pm »

@breadbocks - That would've been too easy. Don't worry, it'll be cool. =D

@jetsquirrel - All I could think of after seeing 'The Butcher' was thing of the original Diablo... I hated that guy. Will do :) We'll wait to the first wave of migrants to see if any fitting last names show up.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 03:57:30 pm »

I imagine this
*looks at my dorf*
Grrr remind me of the Butcher
*my dorf makes a masterwork meal*
*your dorf eats it*
Atleast she is way more usefull that the other guy

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 04:04:28 pm »

The cook is the most important dwarf of them all. :D

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 10:14:50 pm »

If you don't mind, I'll take the next available male jade dwarf and assign him the five metal professions. If you find yourself low on mechanics, you can make him one as well. Daywalkah will do for a name.

I've been thinking of starting something similar to this project. My approach would have been to find a large pit and channel a river into it when I was done building. It wouldn't have been a true ocean city though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:39:03 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Ninja Pichu

• Bay Watcher
  • [THREAD_DESTROYER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 12:31:07 am »

I'd like to take Udib, please.

Name her "Ampersand".

And make her a doctor, please.

(Haha, get it? Doctors are purple? Ampersand? Purple Ampersand? Okay so maybe it's not funny.)
I had to imagine some badass scarred up dwarf with a battleaxe blade strapped directly to his arm over the stump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3