Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ice is wonky  (Read 2103 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Ice is wonky
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 04:08:00 am »

This is why I want to setup a hospital with the beds inside individual chambers with doors, a hatch up top, and a floodgate in the back. Magma above of course. Any dwarf I don't like gets a nice magma bath, and is washed out the back.

Coriantumr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 04:31:29 pm »

I'm pretty certain there's a bug regarding that. If a dwarf gets knocked unconscious by a creature and then that creature gets caught in a cage trap then that dwarf will forever spam announcements about being interrupted by that creature.

I had a dwarf get severely injured by a goblin who was later caught in a cage trap. The wounds the dwarf suffered should have killed it. The dwarf was taken to the hospital but the doctor "Cancelled Surgery, Patient not Resting." This continued for over a year, until I finally uncaged the goblin and killed it. In the very instant that the goblin died, the dwarf bled to death.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 05:08:00 pm »

I'm pretty certain there's a bug regarding that. If a dwarf gets knocked unconscious by a creature and then that creature gets caught in a cage trap then that dwarf will forever spam announcements about being interrupted by that creature.

I had a dwarf get severely injured by a goblin who was later caught in a cage trap. The wounds the dwarf suffered should have killed it. The dwarf was taken to the hospital but the doctor "Cancelled Surgery, Patient not Resting." This continued for over a year, until I finally uncaged the goblin and killed it. In the very instant that the goblin died, the dwarf bled to death.

are you suggesting immortal dwarves?
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 05:46:46 pm »

If the water is indoors, it won't freeze.

I set up a cistern in my obsidian cast tower. Filled with three pond zones on the next level up. Many more levels above and rock all around. But it still froze come winter! I really thought this would count as inside

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »

Was there a roof on it? :P

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 08:28:22 pm »

Yes four or five levels of obsidian above it. There were some other odd ice related bugs in the casting of the tower, so maybe it's related

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 08:55:27 pm »

That's kind of odd. Ice is really weird in general. Fun to make traps out of if you're in the right area.

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 09:21:41 pm »

Hmm I have three soldiers who are also immortal, they just sit there forever not eating drinking or dying. I also have a ton of caged goblins...hmm maybe I should drop them into magma. Also on another side note, the leader of the goblins is a bunny twisted into humoniod shape, he would be dead but everytime he shows up he's flanked by like 40 bow goblins. So thus I have been gearing up to take on hell, smithing and processing adamantium to take on the demons.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 10:08:48 pm »

There's a distinction between indoors/outdoors and above-ground/subterranean.  When people say "indoors" they often actually mean "subterranean" (but not always).  The winter freeze is one of the things that's determined by being above-ground -- even if there's a roof above it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 10:17:31 pm »

The only things that I can think of that actually uses the "Inside/Outside" division are tree growth (aboveground trees won't grow indoorsVerify) and cave adaptation.

Every other use of "inside" or "outside" means above/below ground.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 10:32:30 pm »

I believe that trees will still grow inside, just not underground. Just try roofing over the world. I'm pretty sure the only tag that matters to trees is Light/Dark.
Pages: 1 [2]