Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aquatic Animal Value Multiplier?  (Read 453 times)

Illeist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aquatic Animal Value Multiplier?
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:18:49 pm »

So I was looking through the raws while editing the wiki, and I noticed that almost none of the aquatic animals I've found (meaning "only the sea monster") have a [MULTIPLY_VALUE] tag, meaning that all of their various byproducts are worth the bare minimum. While this isn't a huge tragedy, as most fish lack bones and skin, that could still be a little frustrating ("I finally killed the great white that ravaged my highly successful merpeople farm, but it's worth less than a cow").

So has Toady said anything about this? Or is this just another step in the process waiting for someone to slog through it and add values?
Toxic Blood: For all your FPS worries

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aquatic Animal Value Multiplier?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:54:47 pm »

I imagine it's an oversight on Toady's part, if anything.

Not much I can bring to the table myself, beyond a thread bump.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:00:56 pm »

You could always alter the values yourself.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

Perhaps Toady was horrified by all the talk of mermaid farming in 40d, and decided to remove any incentive to do so?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 03:27:22 am »

I would think with all the new raw creation those little details were rushed through. How often do you kill a whale anyway?
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.