YEAH.
- 44 (7.7%)
NO!
- 449 (78.2%)
What is Dwarf Fortress?
- 81 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 573

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: "Dwarf Fortress is lame."  (Read 15285 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Dwarf Fortress is lame."
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »

My fort of 12 ingame years died today to a kobold pulling the magic lever that I have labled, EMERGANCY HFS RELEASE VALVE!
It releases HFS onto the map, only to be used once I fully barricade my fort down.
The sad thing, the HFS walked right in my main gates because I had no reason to even be locked down.
If that wasn't bad enough, right after my mason dwarf finaly finished building the airlock system I devised to keep out unwanted lever pullers.
The kobold was also ironicaly the ONLY survivor of the massecre as I had no time to build the fortress preservation devices before hand.

In conclusion, DF is in no possible way lame.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

hailthefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2010, 06:58:43 pm »

And that's why you should b-C-w around all your 'Fun the world' levers until you're ready to pull them!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2010, 11:14:49 pm »

Your friend doesn't want to play DF because she's met people who do, and she's afraid of becoming a smug asshole like them.

I'm not an asshole. I just have no concept of personal space.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2010, 08:49:16 am »

DF players frequently come off as assholes; most people don't want to be assholes; thus, this is one possible explanation for why the dude's friend is reluctant.
I've not noticed this quality of DF players, I found the forums to be very kind to me despite my inexperience when I joined.
besides, people who own apple computers aren't all pompous assholes... wait a second, that isn't true.
HEY!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2010, 08:53:42 am »

Bah, those macfags with their iDiocy! Crawled out of the hairless hole of steve jobs himself!

:P
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2010, 08:54:55 am »

Bah, those macfags with their iDiocy! Crawled out of the hairless hole of steve jobs himself!

:P
I ONLY USE THIS COMPUTER BECAUSE I WAS FORCED TO!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2010, 11:17:09 am »

Dwarf Fortress is lame.

But it's the kind of lame I'm willing to tolerate.
<3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »

DF players frequently come off as assholes; most people don't want to be assholes; thus, this is one possible explanation for why the dude's friend is reluctant.
I've not noticed this quality of DF players, I found the forums to be very kind to me despite my inexperience when I joined.
besides, people who own apple computers aren't all pompous assholes... wait a second, that isn't true.
I'm an asshole and I play DF.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2010, 03:58:05 pm »

My fort of 12 ingame years died today to a kobold pulling the magic lever that I have labled, EMERGANCY HFS RELEASE VALVE!
It releases HFS onto the map, only to be used once I fully barricade my fort down.
The sad thing, the HFS walked right in my main gates because I had no reason to even be locked down.
If that wasn't bad enough, right after my mason dwarf finaly finished building the airlock system I devised to keep out unwanted lever pullers.
The kobold was also ironicaly the ONLY survivor of the massecre as I had no time to build the fortress preservation devices before hand.

Isn't that just a fancy way of saying "That kobold just won the game"?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »

DF is lame because it is so awesome that it has overshadowed all other games I have tried to play in the last year or so since I started.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2010, 04:21:07 pm »

DF is lame because it is so awesome that it has overshadowed all other games I have tried to play in the last year or so since I started.
It is pretty sick that I have put more time into this game than probably 80% of the retail games I have bought.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2010, 02:27:59 am »

DF is lame due to a buffer overflow in the awesomeness counter.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2010, 03:44:18 am »

Dwarf Fortress? More like Dork Fortress! That game is LAME-O, MAN!
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2010, 03:46:31 am »

Now Bay12ites! GO, GET MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2010, 03:54:37 am »

Says the man who plays Dwarf Fortress himself. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10