Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reclaim Scragglers  (Read 994 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Reclaim Scragglers
« on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:54 pm »

Alright, so I abandoned my fortress due to various reasons involving organizational problems. I created four adventurers afterwards, bumping ahead four years. But on Reclaim, I'm still got about four pages worth of scragglers- all marked friendly. How do I get rid of them?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Zajadu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pulse Life Entertainment
Re: Reclaim Scragglers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:06:04 pm »

Kill them.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 09:12:13 pm »

Ask them to please start families somewhere else?

WHAT KIND OF A DWARF ARE YOU?

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:40:53 pm »

Kill them HOW? They're marked as friendlies, and they're all over the place!

AND THEY'RE HAVING BABIES

ON MY PROPERTY

DAMN DWARVES, GET OFF MY LAWN!
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 10:45:43 pm »

Kill them HOW? They're marked as friendlies, and they're all over the place!
You could try losing a siege.

I only lost one siege, but those gobboes were quite thorough. They got everybody.

Nick

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:51:32 pm »

But I just started a reclaim- and I waited four years before going back.... damnit, I'm going to have to come back and kill everyone in Adventure mode, won't I? Bugger....

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:15:17 am »

Oh just leave them be. They'll die on their own eventually.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 03:23:51 am »

Ahem. I believe the Tears of Armok would be quite capable in this situation.

tl;dr MAGMA THE URISTERS!

Kza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 03:45:03 am »

Kill in adventure mode, or lose a siege to the easier-dying goblins and reclaim again in another few years.
And then it's pretty much a normal fortress from then on.
I find the idea of a normal fortress amusing.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 03:46:02 am »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 12:07:30 pm »

You know what? No. No it wouldn't. It would be totally inappropriate, and particularly pointless to drag magma up... 152 z-levels, and then somehow manage to pinpoint drop it on 58 odd individuals who are stranded all over the map. Now, Dwarves love inefficiency, but there's being Overly Complex, and then there's jsut being criminally stupid. In fact, I have never felt magma was the answer to any problem beyond "Why isn't my magma forge working?".

AxisofLint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 12:09:59 pm »

You know what? No. No it wouldn't. It would be totally inappropriate, and particularly pointless to drag magma up... 152 z-levels, and then somehow manage to pinpoint drop it on 58 odd individuals who are stranded all over the map. Now, Dwarves love inefficiency, but there's being Overly Complex, and then there's jsut being criminally stupid. In fact, I have never felt magma was the answer to any problem beyond "Why isn't my magma forge working?".

Shun the non-believer.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »

Shun! SHUN! SHUUUUUUUUU-UUUUUUUUUN-A.

(I've never used magma in anything but magma forges/furnaces and for obsidian manufacturing.)

Real answer: The first round of serious invaders should wipe them all out. Or start a new fort.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:49:23 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 12:52:53 pm »

Magma is inefficient but fun.  And I look at it as sooner or later it would be convenient to get it to the surface, so why not do it soon.  Same with power, I eventually want power, so I start using power and building windmills early, because why have a dwarf work a single pump if eventually you'll have thousands of power floating around, get an early start.

Seriously though, how stupid are dwarves.  When the game is not running, maybe they just sit at your site, but once you're playing they'll die to wolves or fish or swimming accidents or a million other things eventually.  Just ignore the jerks and get on with your fortress.

It's the perfectly simple, easy solution, or something impractical but funny.

Personally I vote for starting a forest fire under them and watching them burn.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 05:14:26 pm »

Elf.

Also, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PINPOINT DROP? You pour it off the top of a mountain like a real dwarf! Screw the trees, they complain? MAGMA. Elves whine? MORE MAGMA!
Pages: [1] 2