Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress and Royal Guards.. do they exist in 2010?  (Read 1227 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Fortress and Royal Guards.. do they exist in 2010?
« on: July 08, 2010, 07:07:12 pm »

As the title says, do they exist in the latest DF? Any info on them in the wiki is refering to 40d and not 2010. And it would be nice to know if i could just assign people to them instead of making a seperate "Police" squad and having it patrol

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress and Royal Guards.. do they exist in 2010?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:22:49 pm »

o, and why the f is their a firebreathing axedwarf? Its an outpost liason for some dwarf group and keeps burning down.. everything

edit: nvm its in the mod im useing
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:25:20 pm by shibdib »

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 08:55:14 pm »

Not in the way they did in 40d. The Captain of the Guard is a squad-leading position like the militia commander and captains, and fortress guards are his squad members; the same holds for the Hammerer leading a squad of royal guards. I don't know whether they take on law enforcement responsibilities.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:40:39 pm »

Not in the way they did in 40d. The Captain of the Guard is a squad-leading position like the militia commander and captains, and fortress guards are his squad members; the same holds for the Hammerer leading a squad of royal guards. I don't know whether they take on law enforcement responsibilities.

Hmm I'll fiddle with it and see if they do stuff automatically, and update the wiki accordingly

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 01:24:15 am »

Yes, the captain and his underlings act as police officers should the need arise.