Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 12087 times)

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age 2
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »

no, the game is actually going to take 87600 hours to play through the storyline. this is not including side quests, playing bargames, and exploring.

Wow, you're really jumping to the shaky defense of EAioware aren't you?
Yes, I clearly am. Sorry if a little opposition bothers ya  8)

It's not as much the opposition as it is the lack of rationality behind it.
the lack of rationality behind my sarcastic comment about the length of the game.

Vahan

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 06:39:51 am »

something awful was talking about this lol.

its funny because they actually make a good point against the game whilst giving a bunch of strawman opinions for it

like "Looks like BioWare forgot that RPG stands for "role playing game" and mistook it for "really poor generic"."

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 04:51:59 am »

Demo is out.

Downloaded it, going to try it now.

EDIT: The demo's configuration utility blows. xD

Apparently my six core CPU is a single core. :p

EDIT2: Straight off the bat, controls are awkward.  Right-click is for EVERYTHING?!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:04:11 am by Farseer »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 05:39:17 am »

I wish you could be a mage and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But the rogue man... freaking ninja. It's so freaking easy with the rogue.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 05:54:05 am »

that is what happen when they do a game for consoles and pc at the same time.
The game mechanics gets dumb down, the controls get more stupid, and the graphics get limited.

On another note, on the trailer for the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlACgYHtWCI

I am the only one who sees how they plagiarized Manny Pacquiao's face!!?? xD

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 06:28:17 am »

I have to say, I have this set to max settings and it's still pretty ugly. Then again, that's what happens when you rush a game out.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 06:30:11 am »

Well at least his weapon isn't just an oversized sword.

I mean in the trailer.  Haven't played the game and don't intend to.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 08:54:37 am »

Played the demo, pretty cool.  Left me with a desire to play the hell out of the game when its finally released.  >:(  Until then, I'll just sit and be a good boy.

And yes... The demo is more than a little hogshod.  Unexpected cutscenes, interruptions in the action... The combat is cool though, and its like you're watching a movie in the cutscenes, which is pretty awesome.  The only problem I had with it is the damned RMB clicking everything.  Ugh.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 10:39:39 am »

I have to say, I have this set to max settings and it's still pretty ugly. Then again, that's what happens when you rush a game out.

While I understand that it's an important part of the plot, I'm still surprised that the Blightlands area figured so prominently into the demo. I've been following the game pretty closely and enjoying the cleaner palette and architectural styles used in the Kirkwall areas so it seems bizarre that the demo showcases the most bland and generic of the game's known environments.
... and then it explodes!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 10:41:40 am »

While I understand that it's an important part of the plot, I'm still surprised that the Blightlands area figured so prominently into the demo. I've been following the game pretty closely and enjoying the cleaner palette and architectural styles used in the Kirkwall areas so it seems bizarre that the demo showcases the most bland and generic of the game's known environments.

You are not the target demographic.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 11:42:20 am »

I really enjoyed the demo. Just hoping there's more content and story in the game itself, and not just combat.

But one thing really annoys me in Dragon age and Mass effect games. They're supposed to be for the bit more mature audiences than average, and yet the women are always modeled after the daydreams of a 13 year old nerd boy. And hardly any clothes on, even though they're in the frozen mountains.  ::)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2011, 11:55:30 am »

That's what "mature" means. Big breasts and gory explosions. The target audience is still early-to-mid-teenaged boys (I guess mainly because that is what the majority of young people seem to view as mature). It's just a buzzword.
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2011, 02:37:33 pm »

I'm very worried about the women in DA2. They look really, really cramped under those clothes. What is that standard model size anyway? Triple D?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 04:19:04 pm »

I found the demo to be rather shoddy.

Why did they block off face customization and (more importantly) inventory?
Why does the world look like a Star Trek Original Series set?
Why is the world an obvious corridor? Did they take a hint from the last singleplayer Final Fantasy?
Why does everything have so much health? Why are there multiple waves of everything?

I liked the transition from ME to ME2 in terms of combat. Here it feels much more repetetive than DA, with encounters that makes it feel like I'm playing through an endurance mode. Not even the Deep Roads felt this repetetive. At least once I cleared out an area there, I didn't have another wave pop in from nothingness.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »

Not even the Deep Roads felt this repetetive. At least once I cleared out an area there, I didn't have another wave pop in from nothingness.
Weren't a lot of the battles in the Deep Roads done in waves? The deepstalker "kill a dozen, then another dozen spawn" were definitely the most blatant, but there was another at a bridge in... Caridin's Cross? That had the initial darkspawn on the first side, with more spawning behind you when you're on the bridge, and then several waves on the other side, including shrieks and an ogre.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6