Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 216642 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MORE FAVORITE: Heavy Weapons Guy \/S The Third Colossus
« Reply #3015 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:47 pm »

I just thought of somthing. Valve said they were considering having a mute character into Episode 3. Gordon doesn't ever talk, or is implied to have talked.
Could I have a link to this, please?

Yea, link please, and don't tell me Half Life 1 and 2 are completely free of dialogue, besides the roaring/whatever of monsters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: July 27, 2010, 10:08:50 pm »

I just thought of somthing. Valve said they were considering having a mute character into Episode 3. Gordon doesn't ever talk, or is implied to have talked.

Yea, link please, and don't tell me Half Life 1 and 2 are completely free of dialogue, besides the roaring/whatever of monsters.
Have your link, and eat it too!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: July 27, 2010, 10:20:26 pm »

There's plenty of dialogue in HL. It's all other people telling Gordon where to go next though. He NEVER says a word back. And unlike most silent heroes they don't respond to any assumed greeting or speech from Gordon.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3018 on: July 27, 2010, 10:24:08 pm »

A good example of this is in Half Life 2, where you ride in an elevator with Alyx. She says something, then after getting no response, comments on how Gordon is all quiet and stuff.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3019 on: July 27, 2010, 10:27:46 pm »

Have your link, and eat it too!
Video games for the deaf who are too lazy to read?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: July 27, 2010, 10:28:09 pm »

There's plenty of dialogue in HL. It's all other people telling Gordon where to go next though. He NEVER says a word back. And unlike most silent heroes they don't respond to any assumed greeting or speech from Gordon.

It doesn't seem strange in HL1, but HL2 has such strong characters that you have to wonder why they aren't surprised Gordon never speaks.  Alyx calls calls him "the silent type, huh" on meeting, but that's about it. 

Gordon being mute, signing, that could explain it!  He even puts his gun/hands out of view when you point at an ally!

I move for Gordon Freeman to be placed in the special bracket against Sandworm.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: July 27, 2010, 10:34:32 pm »

I move for Gordon Freeman to be placed in the special bracket against riding the Sandworm.
Because really, he's tamed worse giant sand monsters. With some sort of squishy organ dog toy...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3022 on: July 27, 2010, 10:37:43 pm »

Gordon was voted the best hero of all time. Nobody can beat that. Okay, maybe the best villain of all time, but has there even been voting for that?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: July 27, 2010, 10:40:15 pm »

Judge Claude Frollo?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: July 27, 2010, 10:47:00 pm »

"Oh, please", you say, "Disney villains can't be that bad". Yeah, I suppose a guy who opens the film by murdering an innocent woman and only not drowning an infant in frezing water due to creepy statues can't be that bad, right? Who decides that if he can't have the girl, only hell can? Nah, he's a pushover.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: July 27, 2010, 10:52:08 pm »

Judge Frollo makes Darth Vader look like a bitch. He has something more terrifying than the force: sheer bloody-minded self-righteousness.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: July 27, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »

Darth Vader falls short in the evil department due to being sympathetic, tragic, and has some good left to him. Frollo refrains from taking the most insane evil path exactly once, and only out of paranoid self-interest.

The best part is that Disney didn't leave this behind from the original novel. Instead of toning things down, they ramped Frollo's evil rating way up. He was tragic and sympathetic in the orginal work.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:43 am »

Of course they had to make him evil-er. That way the children watching the movie could tell he was evil!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: July 28, 2010, 01:47:47 am »

Of course they had to make him evil-er. That way the children watching the movie could tell he was evil!

They split him into two characters. And the good side of his character has about four sung lines and one spoken line. That should tell you how evil the Disney Frollo was.

I mean, they didn't just make him Maleficent evil. They made him balls-out irredeemable evil.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: July 28, 2010, 01:52:02 am »

Third Colossus. The glory I felt when I worked out what to do. The glory.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 292