Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 216700 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: Edward Elric \/S Bro
« Reply #2070 on: July 20, 2010, 05:37:34 pm »

Not really plot protection, Ed wins all of his fights simply because of quick surprise attacks when his opponents think he's beaten.

Seriously, the guy is a Determinator. He was stabbed through the torso and had a building collapsed on top of him, and that only pissed him off.

As for RAM's little editing fun, you've now convinced me Ed would win in a real fight, because Bro and Dave think Buster Swords suck, then go around swinging Sephiroth's obviously-not-phallic weapon.
Dave thinks all the anime swords Bro has suck because they're fakes. They can't be used in an actual fight. Besides, Bro's katana is normal sized, just not in that picture.
Ninja'd

Didn't we already decide this was a popularity contest?
No. Be quiet.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 20, 2010, 05:38:57 pm »

It's a popularity contest. Doesn't change the fact that Ed would win an actual fight.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 20, 2010, 05:45:45 pm »

I am for a teamup. Between Bro and Kamina.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 20, 2010, 05:50:45 pm »

I suppose Ozymandias winning would be hilariously ironic.
But the Ozymandias/sandworm teamup is canon now, because that picture will surface every time he fights...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 20, 2010, 06:03:06 pm »

Bro, He does live-action stop motion puppet fighting. Wins everytime.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 20, 2010, 06:15:02 pm »

I'm very sad about how this poll is going. I thought you guys had some taste. Marty Stus are fun, but when you pit them against well-developed and realistic (in comparison) characters it's only a beatdown because that monster was never meant to leave his own world.

The next time I see Spider Man beat Silver Age Superman thanks to his great characterization, I'll give you a call.

Didn't you say earlier that it was a popularity contest, not a fight?

No, that was Criptfiend. Popularity contests are terrible things.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 20, 2010, 06:25:54 pm »

I'm very sad about how this poll is going. I thought you guys had some taste. Marty Stus are fun, but when you pit them against well-developed and realistic (in comparison) characters it's only a beatdown because that monster was never meant to leave his own world.

The next time I see Spider Man beat Silver Age Superman thanks to his great characterization, I'll give you a call.

Didn't you say earlier that it was a popularity contest, not a fight?

No, that was Criptfiend. Popularity contests are terrible things.
ToonyMan said this is a popularity contest.  On that note, I'm considering starting a thread for this contest where the winners are determined by who would actually win.  Supporters of a character would present arguments as to why that character would win.  Someone would judge the arguments and decide who would most likely win that fight. 

Would you all be interested?

NINJA EDIT: GRAMMAR. 
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 20, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »

Despite the votes, the argument over which one is better is getting pretty heavy, so maybe team up?

I'm for teaming them up.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 20, 2010, 06:36:00 pm »

It's a popularity contest. Doesn't change the fact that Ed would win an actual fight.
Bro's just too fast.  Even with his whole "create a circle via clapping", Ed still takes a nontrivial amount of time to do alchemy. 

So, yeah.  bro.

He can move so fast that people fight his afterimage.  Assuming a conservative 24 frames per second, that he only stands still in a frame for a 100th of a second, and that he was only 'really' standing two meters away, that's an average speed of like sixty meters per second, but an average acceleration of, like, 4,000 m / s2.  For you Imperial system users, that's 9,000 mph/s.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:45:01 pm by Qmarx »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 20, 2010, 06:37:12 pm »

ToonyMan said this is a popularity contest.  On that note, I'm considering starting a thread for this contest where the winners are determined by who would actually win.  Supporters of a character would present arguments as to why that character would win.  Someone would judge the arguments and decide who would most likely win that fight. 

Sure, why not. Plus it would let us have more characters in one of these contests. It would be important to try to make sure the characters are of approximately equal power magnitude though.(IE: no gods fighting simple dragonslayers)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:27 pm »

Sure, why not. Plus it would let us have more characters in one of these contests. It would be important to try to make sure the characters are of approximately equal power magnitude though.(IE: no gods fighting simple dragonslayers)

Dragonslayers aren't always simple, and a dragon can be a god, so the line gets blurred. I get your point though.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 20, 2010, 06:41:18 pm »

Bear in mind that, prior to cutting the meteor in half with a sword that was clearly much shorter than the radius of the meteor, Bro jumped onto said meteor, from its pre-cut-in-half destination. I suspect that that is what you see happen at the end of the fight with Dave.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 20, 2010, 06:55:16 pm »

Bear in mind that, prior to cutting the meteor in half with a sword that was clearly much shorter than the radius of the meteor, Bro jumped onto said meteor, from its pre-cut-in-half destination. I suspect that that is what you see happen at the end of the fight with Dave.

True, but Laharl summons meteors, jumps on them as they're falling, and laughs maniacally as they crash into his enemies.
Yet I'd rather vote for Bro, because Laharl is a whiny brat.  Kinda like Ed...
Both Ed and Laharl show a little character development, true, but it's so incredibly slow.  Even at the end of their series they're really stupid.  They need supporting characters to enforce any sort of common sense.
Sorry, I'm replaying Disgaea at the moment, don't mind me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 20, 2010, 07:08:22 pm »

Laharl has little character development mainly because most of the game is a joke. There IS a plot, but it's hidden behind the funny most of the time. He's a whiny brat, but that's pretty much the point: He's a demon that's really bad at being truly evil, and tries far too hard. Also:
Spoiler: disgaea endgame (click to show/hide)
/derail(I love nippon ichi games)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 20, 2010, 07:09:52 pm »

I don't know what you were reading, but Ed was a lot more mature by the end of FMA.

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 292