Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 216669 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: Edward Elric \/S Bro
« Reply #2040 on: July 20, 2010, 01:52:01 pm »

Bro. Bro is too awesome.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2041 on: July 20, 2010, 02:02:55 pm »

I reviewed the torny chart, and I'm pretty confident that Godzilla will be one of the finalists, but the other I cannot so easily determine. Possibly one of our biblical champions, but there is also the chance that it will be Heavy Weapons Guy or CB&PS.

I just want to point out that it is almost certain that Godzilla will do battle with the Bronze Collossus. This is a thing I hope to see detailed in epic, ode, and song, and with many ¤Engravings¤ upon every wall.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 20, 2010, 03:19:38 pm »

That is a folly to say that he will lose because he is so used to fighting people very weak and therefor will underestimate Ed. He did not loss because of that to Jack and Jack is much stronger then Ed.

Ah, but Ed appears to just be a little child, not really a challenge. Bro would make the mistake of thinking he'd be closer to Dave in strength, as opposed to Jack. Bro is more powerful than Ed, but so is pretty much every person Ed's ever fought, and he always comes out on top.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 20, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

I reviewed the torny chart, and I'm pretty confident that Godzilla will be one of the finalists, but the other I cannot so easily determine. Possibly one of our biblical champions, but there is also the chance that it will be Heavy Weapons Guy or CB&PS.

I just want to point out that it is almost certain that Godzilla will do battle with the Bronze Collossus. This is a thing I hope to see detailed in epic, ode, and song, and with many ¤Engravings¤ upon every wall.

By biblical champions, I assume you are referring to King Ozymandias/Ramses II and Gilgamesh?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 20, 2010, 03:53:01 pm »

I suppose Ozymandias winning would be hilariously ironic.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 20, 2010, 04:06:38 pm »

That is a folly to say that he will lose because he is so used to fighting people very weak and therefor will underestimate Ed. He did not loss because of that to Jack and Jack is much stronger then Ed.

Ah, but Ed appears to just be a little child, not really a challenge. Bro would make the mistake of thinking he'd be closer to Dave in strength, as opposed to Jack. Bro is more powerful than Ed, but so is pretty much every person Ed's ever fought, and he always comes out on top.

So your argument is that Bro will underestimate Ed (something you have no real reason to think.) and Eds plot protection will save him :-\

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 20, 2010, 04:11:46 pm »

Ed can fence and can do alchemy. He's advantaged by the diversity of his attacks. Plus I don't like katanas and I barley know bro anyway.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: July 20, 2010, 04:12:56 pm »

Whats wrong with katanas anyway? They're pretty cool.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 20, 2010, 04:13:54 pm »

There are much cooler swords than katana.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 20, 2010, 04:15:45 pm »

A lot of people here frequent /tg/ and katana hate there is through the roof. Because there's always someone who wants to claim that the katana is the best sword ever and a lot of those someones are pretty petulant.

Unless you start a 'realistic and reasonable expectations of weapons' thread in /tg/. It's pretty funny when you do.

Also inb4 katana copypasta.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: July 20, 2010, 04:16:19 pm »

There are much cooler swords than katana.
Yes, basically they are very sharp bastard sword. One edged. Big deal.
I'd like them if they were so overused and most of the time in completely ridiculously way.
I've seen them used a thousand time in anime, movies and comics and I'm still not sure how they worked, given tha each and every time they were only the excuse for a stupidly cool action scene where limb fly and blade cut trough steel and stone.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:19:10 pm by Phmcw »

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 20, 2010, 04:19:03 pm »

I like them, but I like some other things more, like the Chinese dao and jian, Burmese dha, Nepalese kukri (not technically a sword, but whatever), Scottish claymore, etcetera.
Meanwhile, the Egyptian khopesh is uniquely awesome in that it evolved from axes.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 20, 2010, 04:20:29 pm »

I've fallen in love with the Urumis myself, since I saw them in the comic requiem.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 20, 2010, 04:20:45 pm »

I'm not saying that Katanas are THE coolest sword of them all, I don't think that, but they are cool in certain contexts. Not to mention the whole association with samurai.

Anyways, I'm not trying to or want to, start an argument over which sword is the coolest, because we all know that Axes and Warhammers are the dwarfiest weapons for their respective damage types.

Isn't the Kopesh descended from a harvesting tool? Still pretty unique in its design.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:22:28 pm by smjjames »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 20, 2010, 04:21:40 pm »

Oh I do like claymores. You've spoiled me, Medieval II, you have.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 292