Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 216266 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: Edward Elric \/S Bro
« Reply #1965 on: July 19, 2010, 08:31:38 pm »

There would be no discussion at all if we couldn't talk about fighting. It'd just be "I like BRO better." "Nuh-uh, ED is so much cooler!" "Nuh-uh, BRO is cooler!" ad infinitum.

Look at fight one, there was very little talk about who can kill who. I still think that was the most enjoyable argument yet.
Mainly because the two were too evenly matched. The only thing putting Sleuth above Curly was sepulcritude, the use of which would result in instantly losing. There was no fighting because everyone agreed they should team up.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 19, 2010, 08:34:17 pm »

Godzilla is cold blooded, though.  There's probably something you can do to a cold blooded creature with transmutation.

Incidentally, if he can't change one element into another, doesn't that mean it isn't transmutation at all?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: July 19, 2010, 08:36:28 pm »

Another reason that Org wins.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mainly because the two were too evenly matched. The only thing putting Sleuth above Curly was sepulcritude, the use of which would result in instantly losing. There was no fighting because everyone agreed they should team up.

Nah I think PS win easy. Also sepulcritude did not kill him the first time and it is not his only super powerful move. It was agreed they should team up like two hours before the deadline after a day of arguing, but no fighting.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 19, 2010, 08:37:40 pm »

Godzilla is cold blooded, though.  There's probably something you can do to a cold blooded creature with transmutation.

Incidentally, if he can't change one element into another, doesn't that mean it isn't transmutation at all?

Its an alchemy thing.

Anyways, wouldn't Godzilla be warm blooded? What with his radioactive core. He has plenty of mass so that cold won't affect him very much.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: July 19, 2010, 08:40:28 pm »

He's a supersized dinosaur, so he's probably warm blooded. Although, if he were cold blooded, the radioactive core wouldn't make him count as warm blooded. Unless you think you can make a lizard warm blooded by setting it on fire. :P
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: July 19, 2010, 08:42:28 pm »

I guess we don't really have any way of knowing whether dinosaurs were cold blooded or not... but I always assumed Godzilla to be a giant reptile.  Eh.

Come to think of it, you could mess with that core pretty nicely...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: July 19, 2010, 08:43:09 pm »

Totally.

Seriously though I think a radioactive core would count.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: Godzilla \/S Zelos Wilder
« Reply #1972 on: July 19, 2010, 08:44:46 pm »

Tough one...
I can only watch Homestuck in small portions before the awesome numbs me, so I haven't gotten far.  Those fights are incredible-looking though.
Ed... You know, without Al, he's not that awesome.  More like brash to the point of stupidity.  His powers are awesome, yeah, but I'm not really satisfied with his character growth.

Bro
Agreed, I vote Bro.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Ed doesn't have a size limit, so long as he knows what precisely Godzilla would be made of. So he'd have to retreat and do some research while Mustang repeatedly blew Godzilla up to stall for time, but eventually he'd win. My point is, the characters of FMA have more or less made a career out of killing things that shouldn't be killable.
1: It is a solo event, no friends to offer a distraction.
2: Research material on the composition of Godzilla is limited.
3: Factoring battle damage, rubble, and the ever chaotic effects of radiation, Godzilla's composition is not constant.
4: If you spend long enough around Godzilla, you will probably incur radiation poisoning...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: July 19, 2010, 08:46:28 pm »

Actually, it seems he can. It's a bit unclear, but it's apparently possible to transmute lead into gold. The problem is that's it's extremely illegal to do so.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: July 19, 2010, 08:46:47 pm »

Unless you think you can make a lizard warm blooded by setting it on fire. :P

Lol, no.

I guess we don't really have any way of knowing whether dinosaurs were cold blooded or not... but I always assumed Godzilla to be a giant reptile.  Eh.

Come to think of it, you could mess with that core pretty nicely...

Theres alot of good evidence that the Theropods were warmblooded and the other plant eaters besides the Sauropods were likely warm blooded too.

For the Sauropods, its harder to tell for sure whether they actually were warm blooded, but given that most dinosaurs were warm blooded, they may have been as well.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: July 19, 2010, 08:47:08 pm »

4: If you spend long enough around Godzilla, you will probably incur radiation poisoning... A POWERUP
Fixed.

Actually, it seems he can. It's a bit unclear, but it's apparently possible to transmute lead into gold. The problem is that's it's extremely illegal to do so.
So why get all the ingredients for a human body?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1976 on: July 19, 2010, 08:47:43 pm »

It's possible in the real world too. It's just so expensive it isn't worth it.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 19, 2010, 08:48:44 pm »

Ed's friend should at least be there in a supportive role, considering

@Leafsnail: They can transmute, but that is limited. It's simpler (in a way) for them to just gather the elements and combine them.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 19, 2010, 08:49:00 pm »

EDIT: Arguably, the point of Godzilla is that you can't fight nature, because if you do, nature will fuck you up with giant lizard breath.

4: If you spend long enough around Godzilla, you will probably incur radiation poisoning...

Especially if Godzilla goes full nuclear (prior to death), in which case everything in a radius around him will burst into flame. Think of him as a Spirit of Fire, except eighty times the size, and with an effect that besides causing ridiculous heat damage, also causes toxic radiation poisoning just by proximity.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 19, 2010, 08:49:28 pm »

It's possible in the real world too. It's just so expensive it isn't worth it.

And involves a particle collider anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 292