Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 216525 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: EL ORG \/S KEFKA PALAZZO
« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2010, 01:54:28 am »

.-- .-. .. - .. -. --. / .. ... / -... . - - . .-. / - .... .- -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / .-- .-. .. - .. -. --. / .. ... / .-- .-. .. - .. -. --. / .- -. -.. / - .... .. ... / .. ... / ... - ..- .--. .. -.. .-.-.-
.. /  .- --. .-. . . .-.-.-
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a sel start

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2010, 01:54:37 am »

I voted Kefka a while back. That ties it temporarily, I believe.
Nostigia

I voted for Kefka too.
Dimensionwarrior

My name has had one of its e's severed.
Cheeetar

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2010, 01:54:52 am »

OH GOD KEFKA IS TERRIFYING
THE OTHER ONE, I VOTE FOR THE OTHER ONE

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2010, 01:55:50 am »

You son of a bitch. I never learned to read morse. I should really get on that...

But I would have to say that, overall, communication methods should be judged by how convinent, flexable, and empathetic they are. These areas do not have to be mutualy exclucive, but they can be. Like morse. Morse gives almost no empathetic connection, nor is it very convinent. What it does have is extreme flexibility. You can do morse with a great deal of things. Typing, like above, works well. So does the original morse method. A flashlight can be used for morse. Anything that produces a visual or audio effect that can be active and unactive can be used to convey morse code, come to think of it.

And I voted for Kefka.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:01 am »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 13, 2010, 01:58:06 am »

Somophore.
Shouting from a really long distance away.
Grainy telephone with voice distorter.

Also, I doesn't play on babytourist modes, I'll have you know. So I vote for kefka.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 13, 2010, 01:59:07 am »

But I would have to say that, overall, communication methods should be judged by how convinent, flexable, and empathetic they are. These areas do not have to be mutualy exclucive, but they can be. Like morse. Morse gives almost no empathetic connection, nor is it very convinent. What it does have is extreme flexibility. You can do morse with a great deal of things. Typing, like above, works well. So does the original morse method. A flashlight can be used for morse. Anything that produces a visual or audio effect that can be active and unactive can be used to convey morse code, come to think of it.
Wait, what? When did we start talking about judging communication methods? I thought we were originally talking about how emotion is conveyed...

Also, Tack, it's "semaphore".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 13, 2010, 02:01:58 am »

Woodblobfish
Wood Blobs give almost no EXP. I certainly can't fish for them, either.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:04:50 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #983 on: July 13, 2010, 02:02:20 am »

Pictographs aren't all that weird, they were used for a long time, and several languages used writing systems based around pictures. Pictures can carry many meanings though, while writing is much more specific. You can tell when somebody is awed by something rather easily in writing, but not so much in drawings, especially in simple pictograms, though in drawings you can usually tell quite a bit more. You can't really convey ideas such as sarcasm by any means other than speech.
Semaphore is just using flags as letters, though I do agree with shouting and voice distortion. Though voice distortion nowadays is mostly going to be specifically meant to mask the speaker.

Also, you know you're a nerd when you use LotR in a discussion about communication methods.

14. CROWN OF AWESOME
8)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 13, 2010, 02:06:27 am »

Woodblobfish
Wood Blobs give almost no EXP. I certainly can't fish for them, either.

How I woodblob for fish?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 13, 2010, 02:10:54 am »

Pictographs aren't all that weird, they were used for a long time, and several languages used writing systems based around pictures.
I meant "weird" as in uncommon nowadays.

You can't really convey ideas such as sarcasm by any means other than speech.
Indeed. So, in truth, no other method than speech conveys emotion... (except, of course, in certain cases, like if you were to type "I am sad" - but generally.)

Semaphore is just using flags as letters, though I do agree with shouting and voice distortion. Though voice distortion nowadays is mostly going to be specifically meant to mask the speaker.
It was my understanding that semaphore had a lot of signals, like some flags would mean "help", etc... in this manner it would be much similar to the bonfire alert system that I proposed, in that it would have a limited set of signals that would be for emergency help and stuff, and not be able to convey emotion...

Also, you know you're a nerd when you use LotR in a discussion about communication methods.
:P
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:15:59 am by Cheddarius »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 13, 2010, 02:12:59 am »

Kefka
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 13, 2010, 02:14:22 am »

Pictographs aren't all that weird, they were used for a long time, and several languages used writing systems based around pictures. Pictures can carry many meanings though, while writing is much more specific. You can tell when somebody is awed by something rather easily in writing, but not so much in drawings, especially in simple pictograms, though in drawings you can usually tell quite a bit more. You can't really convey ideas such as sarcasm by any means other than speech.

14. CROWN OF AWESOME
8)

1. Got mixed up with Sophomore. Sorrah.
2. Yeah, Crown. I'm sure there's absolutely No Way to understand sarcasm through text. Not even if someone makes it Completely Obvious, it just can't be done.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 13, 2010, 02:15:06 am »

You're so right, man.
Sarcasm is impossible through text.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 13, 2010, 02:16:36 am »

You're so right, man.
Sarcasm is impossible through text.

I see what you did there.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 292